The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Strange log on problem of some users

3 posters

Go down

Strange log on problem of some users Empty Strange log on problem of some users

Post by Scarlett Johansson Sun 24 Apr 2011 - 22:19

One user of my forum has reported a very weird problem:

When he logs in, he is stuck somewhere in the middle: He is told he has successfully logged in, I can see him as logged in, but his "log in" button doesn't change to "log out", as it normally would, and he can't post.

I've resynchronized the forum, and asked him to empty his cache, neither had any effect.

I know he uses Firefox and Safari, and though I didn't ask him specifically, I would be surprised if he hadn't tried both.

He's a very prolific poster, who had no problems at all last week, when some of my posters lost posts.

Any ideas?

EDIT: Just got an email from another poster who is having the same problem...

Last edited by Scarlett Johansson on Mon 25 Apr 2011 - 6:45; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : updating information)
Scarlett Johansson

Language : English

Back to top Go down

Strange log on problem of some users Empty Re: Strange log on problem of some users

Post by Sanket Mon 25 Apr 2011 - 13:07

Not sure of the problems. You can try using his account to sign in. Ofcourse let him know that you will change the password only to check.
Sanket
Sanket
ForumGuru

Male Posts : 48766

Back to top Go down

Strange log on problem of some users Empty Re: Strange log on problem of some users

Post by Scarlett Johansson Mon 25 Apr 2011 - 13:18

Thanks, Sanket.

He has just come online and has been able to log on properly for the moment. But he also gave me some additional information: He says the problem started on Friday, on Firefox, and then it was intermittent - sometimes he could log on, then he was kicked out. During the weekend he used Safari and had the problem constantly. Now he's back on Firefox, it's working, but he's afraid he might get kicked out again, like on Friday.

Haven't heard from the other user yet with any additional info, but I'll get back to you when I know more.
Scarlett Johansson

Back to top Go down

Post by Sanket Mon 25 Apr 2011 - 13:27

Sure let us know. I will keep this thread open, in case he has problems in the next couple of days. Smile
Sanket
Sanket
ForumGuru

Back to top Go down

Post by kirk Mon 25 Apr 2011 - 15:24

sounds like it could have been something on his service providers end?
Not sure just keep us updated.
kirk
kirk
Forumaster

Male Posts : 11037
Language : English,Vulcan,Klingon, Romulan,& Gorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Scarlett Johansson Mon 25 Apr 2011 - 15:30

Perhaps. Got an update from the second user affected: She still has the problem, but when I just logged in to her account everything was fine.

Guess I'll try to find out if the two of them have the same service provider.

EDIT: The second poster with the problem is back in and everything seems fine. And both DO have the same service provider, so the trouble may indeed have come from that side.

There is one other poster who has reported log on problems, but she's on the other side of the globe and trying to post with her mobile from a huge festival, so I hope it's just the circumstances which make it difficult for her.

Anyway, could you leave the thread open just until I have confirmation from her that everything's back to normal?
Scarlett Johansson

Back to top Go down

Post by Sanket Mon 25 Apr 2011 - 21:08

Posting via the mobile, definitely a problem because of that.
Sanket
Sanket
ForumGuru

Back to top Go down

Post by Scarlett Johansson Mon 25 Apr 2011 - 21:14

Yeah, she has now confirmed that she had a general problem going online. So I guess we could declare this case over and solved, but I'd like to wait another day or two in case the problem returns. Would that be okay?
Scarlett Johansson

Back to top Go down

Post by Sanket Mon 25 Apr 2011 - 21:27

Yep thats fine, let us know Smile
Sanket
Sanket
ForumGuru

Back to top Go down

Post by Scarlett Johansson Tue 26 Apr 2011 - 13:20

Unfortunately, the problem is still there. The poster who I thought was back on without problem yesterday now tells me he was in the limbo I described most of yesterday (no idea why he didn't tell me then...).

So if there was some way of finding out what the problem is, I would really appreciate it.
Scarlett Johansson

Back to top Go down

Post by Sanket Tue 26 Apr 2011 - 18:32

First thing, you try using his account.
Sanket
Sanket
ForumGuru

Back to top Go down

Post by Scarlett Johansson Tue 26 Apr 2011 - 19:23

Just logged into his account - no problem. But he says it's an on-and-off thing, so that doesn't mean much.

I've now asked him to log out and tell me at once the next time he has this problem, so I can then try logging in to his account immediately and see what happens then.
Scarlett Johansson

Back to top Go down

Post by kirk Wed 27 Apr 2011 - 0:48

you should tell him to contact his service provider,
and what kind of speed are they using, it can be a number of things on their end. i mean if you are logging into their accounts fine, then to me it's pointing toawrds to something on their end.

tell them to try different browsers, make sure the have a good connection, um make sure their computers and browsers are up to date.

And most importantly, ask them to contact their service provider and tell them they are havering problems connecting to the site, give them the forum link and see what the service provider says.

I honestly do not think it's a forumotion problem.. but we will not rule that out either.. who knows anything is possible..

Once again just try to trouble shoot with them and narrow things down and see how you make out, thats about all you can do at this point, then if all fails the only other thing i can think of is requesting a tech to look into the problem or a couple of us staff can register at your forum and see if it happens to us.
kirk
kirk
Forumaster

Male Posts : 11037
Language : English,Vulcan,Klingon, Romulan,& Gorn

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum