The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ranks based on points

4 posters

Go down

Should we have ranking based on points

Ranks based on points Left1159%Ranks based on points Right11 59% 
[ 10 ]
Ranks based on points Left1112%Ranks based on points Right11 12% 
[ 2 ]
Ranks based on points Left116%Ranks based on points Right11 6% 
[ 1 ]
Ranks based on points Left1123%Ranks based on points Right11 23% 
[ 4 ]
Ranks based on points Left110%Ranks based on points Right11 0% 
[ 0 ]
Ranks based on points Left110%Ranks based on points Right11 0% 
[ 0 ]
 
Total Votes : 17
 
 
Poll closed

Ranks based on points Empty Ranks based on points

Post by Soulmonster April 28th 2011, 9:01 pm

Hi,

I really like the points feature, it shows more clearly who the "valuable" members are than the post count. Therefore I would prefer to have the ranks based on points rather than the post count, or preferably, that an additional rank system based on points is implemented. In this system people would get titles/ranks automatically as they reach certain point levels, and it should be possible to add images/badges automatically as well.
avatar
Soulmonster
Forumember

Posts : 228
Reputation : 2
Language : Norwegian

Back to top Go down

Ranks based on points Empty Re: Ranks based on points

Post by Soulmonster May 17th 2011, 8:48 am

No one else interested in this?
avatar
Soulmonster
Forumember

Posts : 228
Reputation : 2
Language : Norwegian

Back to top Go down

Ranks based on points Empty Re: Ranks based on points

Post by Russel May 17th 2011, 9:24 am

Voted No. Points can be changed unlike post count. So therefore, if you change the points, it will affect the rank.
Russel
Russel
Active Poster

Male Posts : 1407
Reputation : 236
Language : English, Filipino
Location : Philippines

Back to top Go down

Ranks based on points Empty Re: Ranks based on points

Post by Soulmonster May 17th 2011, 9:51 am

Russel wrote:Voted No. Points can be changed unlike post count. So therefore, if you change the points, it will affect the rank.

Both points and post count changes all the time. Otherwise people couldn't receive new ranks. I don't see your point.

avatar
Soulmonster
Forumember

Posts : 228
Reputation : 2
Language : Norwegian

Back to top Go down

Ranks based on points Empty Re: Ranks based on points

Post by Russel May 17th 2011, 10:00 am

Yes, they can be changed all the time. Post counts are changing in automatic as they post posts, as well as points. But post count cannot be edited or changed if you like to change. Points can be changed without an effort to be given by the user. Just go to admin panel and change it. But post count does not. It can also be increased if you give effort to post. Get it?
Russel
Russel
Active Poster

Male Posts : 1407
Reputation : 236
Language : English, Filipino
Location : Philippines

Back to top Go down

Ranks based on points Empty Re: Ranks based on points

Post by Soulmonster May 17th 2011, 10:04 am

Russel wrote:Yes, they can be changed all the time. Post counts are changing in automatic as they post posts, as well as points. But post count cannot be edited or changed if you like to change. Points can be changed without an effort to be given by the user. Just go to admin panel and change it. But post count does not. It can also be increased if you give effort to post. Get it?

Yes, as an admin I can manually decrease or increase a member's points. And if I do that the member's rank would then change. But I don't see the problem in that. If for some reason I subtract points from a member his rank should of course reflect this.
avatar
Soulmonster
Forumember

Posts : 228
Reputation : 2
Language : Norwegian

Back to top Go down

Ranks based on points Empty Re: Ranks based on points

Post by Guest May 18th 2011, 12:21 am

yes
avatar
Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Ranks based on points Empty Re: Ranks based on points

Post by Soulmonster June 2nd 2011, 1:45 pm

Bump.
avatar
Soulmonster
Forumember

Posts : 228
Reputation : 2
Language : Norwegian

Back to top Go down

Ranks based on points Empty Re: Ranks based on points

Post by Russel June 3rd 2011, 2:35 am

Soulmonster wrote:Yes, as an admin I can manually decrease or increase a member's points. And if I do that the member's rank would then change. But I don't see the problem in that. If for some reason I subtract points from a member his rank should of course reflect this.

So, if you want your members rank be changed? So why don't you change it directly to the user's rank. Why do you need to increase or decrease the points for the users be able to change the rank.
Russel
Russel
Active Poster

Male Posts : 1407
Reputation : 236
Language : English, Filipino
Location : Philippines

Back to top Go down

Ranks based on points Empty Re: Ranks based on points

Post by Soulmonster June 3rd 2011, 7:33 am

Russel wrote:
Soulmonster wrote:Yes, as an admin I can manually decrease or increase a member's points. And if I do that the member's rank would then change. But I don't see the problem in that. If for some reason I subtract points from a member his rank should of course reflect this.

So, if you want your members rank be changed? So why don't you change it directly to the user's rank. Why do you need to increase or decrease the points for the users be able to change the rank.

I have no idea what you are asking.

It's a very simple concept, really: I want to be able to have rank images that are based on 'points' rather than 'posts' (or preferably in addition to 'posts' making two ranking systems). Just like with the current rank system the rank images will change automatically as member's get higher point scores. And if I decided to subtract or add points to a certain member's score, then the corresponding rank image will change automatically as well.

avatar
Soulmonster
Forumember

Posts : 228
Reputation : 2
Language : Norwegian

Back to top Go down

Ranks based on points Empty Re: Ranks based on points

Post by Superpie June 16th 2011, 11:16 pm

Russel wrote:Voted No. Points can be changed unlike post count. So therefore, if you change the points, it will affect the rank.
You can also change the post count by deleting a member's posts.
Superpie
Superpie
New Member

Male Posts : 11
Reputation : 0
Language : American English

Back to top Go down

Ranks based on points Empty Re: Ranks based on points

Post by Jophy April 12th 2014, 8:10 am

Please have 2 options for suggestions(Yes & No only)

Suggestion refused !
Jophy
Jophy
ForumGuru

Male Posts : 17924
Reputation : 836
Language : English
Location : Somewhere

Back to top Go down

Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum