The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Automatic redirect for affiliates

2 posters

Go down

Automatic redirect for affiliates Empty Automatic redirect for affiliates

Post by uafgrad May 5th 2011, 3:35 pm

Is there a way we can have an automatic redirect that inserts our affiliate links? I am not sure how this is commonly done, but I see other sites have a way where affiliate links get automatically inserted for each merchant they are affiliated with (rather than hand inserting them, which is impossible on a forum type site).
uafgrad
Forumember

Language : English

Back to top Go down

Automatic redirect for affiliates Empty Re: Automatic redirect for affiliates

Post by kirk May 5th 2011, 3:42 pm

I don't know what you mean.
Do you have an example site or screen shot or something you can post to better help explain.
kirk
kirk
Forumaster

Male Posts : 11037
Language : English,Vulcan,Klingon, Romulan,& Gorn

Back to top Go down

Post by uafgrad May 5th 2011, 3:48 pm

For example some sites if a user posts a deal for bestbuy for example, the user would just put a direct link to the item. Seeing those sites do not get a commission until their affiliate link is inserted, both websites have a redirect to a file within their website that automatically adds their affiliate code.

Last edited by uafgrad on May 9th 2011, 6:38 am; edited 1 time in total
uafgrad
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by kirk May 5th 2011, 4:30 pm

Honestly i am not sure if it can be done or not, why cant they just post the link in the post or add the link to the image?
It seems a Lil misleading and some what of how pop-out adds work, so when you click a post others get paid for garbage a member/persons never even had any interest in or wanted to click?

Not a good way to keep members on a forum?

I'm not down with helping in anything like that, if that's what you mean?
But your asking if something can automatically be redirected so someone can get compensation/commissions from it? what else would it be then?

Anyway.. i am still not completely following the whole thing either? Sad

kirk
kirk
Forumaster

Back to top Go down

Post by uafgrad May 5th 2011, 7:09 pm

Oh, no....I think you misunderstood. The users never see any difference. Either way they go to the same page. If someone signs up for an affiliate account, they get a link that makes it such that when people buy through that link, the website gets reimbursed. Let me give you an example:

I find a great deal for an item, and post it to my website. I link the product so that my readers can click on it and buy it.

If my readers now click on the link and buy that same item, I get a percentage for each one they buy. The readers don't know the difference (they pay the same either way), but I do.

What I am hoping to get is a page where all links go to where that added affiliate part gets tagged on to the product link automatically.

Last edited by uafgrad on May 9th 2011, 6:39 am; edited 1 time in total
uafgrad
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by kirk May 6th 2011, 5:32 am

OH.

You would have to set up some sort of coding that would recognize it thus giving you the credit when clicked.

You can try to pm rono and ask him to take a look at this thread. i better understand what you mean now, but cant even begin to think of how to go about to making it possible.. i am sure there is a way it would be a matter of setting up a script/code that would bounce back to your account though?

what are you going through that gives you credit commissions on this, i would ask them how it can be done? if you going through a company thats giving the commissions? I am sure they have to have something in place for this if they are offing it?

Unless it's something you are trying to do your self, then it sounds like something you would need to set up on your own server??? dunno it's a hard one.. i have to understand what is coming and going from where and how it's going to give the proper credit???

lol kind of what your asking... hahah yeah tuff one.
kirk
kirk
Forumaster

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum