The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

ALL content is gone from site and cant access admin control panel or sign in.

+6
Ape
Admin_UFF2
DesperateInRI
Base
DarkGlow
Amroke
10 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Solved ALL content is gone from site and cant access admin control panel or sign in.

Post by Amroke May 25th 2011, 6:26 pm

First topic message reminder :

Myself and other admins cannot see the comments on our forum. We can only see the scroll and the widgets, other than that, where the comments are suppose to be, we see all white!! What can we do?

Last edited by Sanket on May 27th 2011, 3:53 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Changed to a more accurate title.)
Amroke
Forumember

Language : English

Back to top Go down

Solved Re: ALL content is gone from site and cant access admin control panel or sign in.

Post by MaryKay May 26th 2011, 2:36 am

ape man wrote:ok well lets hope that typlo will get back to you on this matter
Now it would help if a mod or staff member of this support site could also give typlo a heads up on this matter.

I will be glad to contact him. It's been about 9 hours now.
MaryKay

Back to top Go down

Solved Re: ALL content is gone from site and cant access admin control panel or sign in.

Post by Amroke May 26th 2011, 3:32 am

Can one of the admin or mods please bring this to the attention of Typlo? we still have no access.

Thank you
Amroke
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by DesperateInRI May 26th 2011, 3:41 am

Yes, please bring this to typlo's attention as soon as possible. The founder has sent numerous pm's over the past few months regarding the utilities and has not gotten any response.

This all could have been avoided if we had that information.

Thanks for your assistance. Our members will appreciate anything you can do for us.
DesperateInRI
DesperateInRI
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by Darren1 May 26th 2011, 3:54 am

Hi all,

I'm sorry but right now, I assume Typlo is sleeping (Being nearly 4AM there), as forumotion, the company is based in France, that's where Typlo is, it's also night time, so, you can only chill out for now. I know the pressure your feeling, it has happened to me as well.

If you are able to get in contact with the founder, or know the details of the founder, can you access the utilities and access the admin panel via the option there.
=> https://www.forumotion.com/en/utils/
Darren1
Darren1
Helper
Helper

Male Posts : 11853

Back to top Go down

Post by Amroke May 26th 2011, 4:00 am

Thank you Darren1, we just realized not long ago that he is in France. We have had this thread since around 11:30 am EST today and sent him PM's then also. He is the only one that can resolve this. I hope he responds, if not the site is dead, because we cant find the old founder.

Tomorrow is another day!

Thanks again
Amroke
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by DarkGlow May 26th 2011, 8:34 am

Reminder: Typlo doesn't work on weekends.
DarkGlow
DarkGlow
Forumember

Male Posts : 629
Language : English | Hebrew | Arabic

Back to top Go down

Post by Jophy May 26th 2011, 9:42 am

I will try to get Typlo's attention to this thread, Please be patient.
Jophy
Jophy
ForumGuru

Male Posts : 17924

Back to top Go down

Post by Amroke May 26th 2011, 2:17 pm

Thank you Joph25. we appreciate it. I had sent a pm to another mod as well and he/she says the site is showing fine on their end. However myself and the other admins still have the same issue of the site having no content.

Thanks for your help.
Amroke
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by DesperateInRI May 26th 2011, 2:41 pm

Amroke, if the site is showing fine for the mod who answered your pm, couldn't they access the admin panel and see what is wrong? Maybe resynch?

I am an Admin on the site and am willing share my access information via pm with the person who can view our site in order for them to check out what the issue is.
DesperateInRI
DesperateInRI
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by Amroke May 26th 2011, 3:13 pm

I am hoping that is the case Desp. I sent him a reply to the pm
Amroke
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by DesperateInRI May 26th 2011, 5:38 pm

@Joph25 Thank you very much for your attention to this matter. We have been down for over 24 hours now.

@amroke Where was the mod from that could see the site? I wonder if he/she is using a different browser. Members are still reporting that our site is blank, except for the scroll.
DesperateInRI
DesperateInRI
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by Amroke May 26th 2011, 5:41 pm

I believe the mod was from the US. It was MrMario.
Amroke
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by DesperateInRI May 27th 2011, 1:08 am

Amroke, any information? Did MrMario reply to your pm? Just curious. It has been 36 hours since our site has been down with no access to it at all. Our members are lost, I have seen their comments on other sites and they are assuming we have abandoned UF2. We have no way to inform them that we are having serious problems right now because we cannot access to make an announcement to say we are only down for maintenance.

I hope our members will stand by us while this is happening, our site was flourishing in recent weeks and now there is nothing.

Any help at all from anyone to get Typlo's attention to this matter would be deeply appreciated. We know how busy he must be as Forumotion is a very popular venue. We are willing to be patient, but our members consider the support they receive from our forum their lifeline. I am very concerned about them.

Thank you.
DesperateInRI
DesperateInRI
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by Amroke May 27th 2011, 1:54 am

Nothing yet Desp. hoping they are working on it. Im worried about the members as well. Hopefully we will be up and running again very soon. Confused
Amroke
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by DesperateInRI May 27th 2011, 2:01 am

Amroke, weekend is coming and Typlo doesn't work weekends! We need help!

The site was hacked
and we have no access to forum or utilities!
DesperateInRI
DesperateInRI
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by Jophy May 27th 2011, 4:06 am

Ok, I'm a little bit confused about the issue here, first of all, who is the founder of the forum? Can he access the utilities and perform a back up for the forum/access the admin panel? (Only the founder can):
https://www.forumotion.com/en/utils/

If not, we may have to wait for Typlo, he's the only one who can help at this point but he's really busy because he handles all the work and now that he has limited time. :/
Jophy
Jophy
ForumGuru

Back to top Go down

Post by Amroke May 27th 2011, 4:19 am

The original founder transferred the site over to Admin UFF2. He never gave Admin UFF2 the founder log in details and doesnt want to because the pw is the same for all his other accts.

We finally got the old founder to at least see if he could sign in to access the admin panel but it was useless because it displays the same results, no content. the admin panel isnt visible because only half the page is showing.

We cant sign in, cant access admin panel, and cant log into forum utilities.

Just to be clear the actual founder of the site now is Admin UFF2 and he has access to everything else but the forum utilities and its because the old founder wont hand over the pw for the reasons I explained above.

Myself and DesperateInRI are admins on the site and MaryKay who also posted in this thread is a Mod.

How long do you think it will be before Typlo is able to address this? Is this something that MrMario could also do? I am new to this so I dont know who is who yet lol.

Thank you so much for responding.
Amroke
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by DesperateInRI May 27th 2011, 4:26 am

Joph25 wrote:Ok, I'm a little bit confused about the issue here, first of all, who is the founder of the forum? Can he access the utilities and perform a back up for the forum/access the admin panel? (Only the founder can):
https://www.forumotion.com/en/utils/

If not, we may have to wait for Typlo, he's the only one who can help at this point but he's really busy because he handles all the work and now that he has limited time. :/

I had posted an email I received from the original founder of the site. He cannot access the utilities either. You just locked the thread, but here is his email:

Desp, you're going to have to ask Forumotion.com for assistance on this because whatever was done to the site won't take me to the Admin login process. All login processes have been affected by the hack. Login, Register and even the /Admin page are all affected by the hack. This is only something that Forumotion.com can do and they need to do it from their end. What I'm saying is that this requires command level access and Forumotion.com needs to do this from their end, otherwise, you'll have to recreate the site all over again.

Whatever was done, they removed the ability to log in anywhere on the UFF site.

We have been waiting patiently for Typlo for almost 3 months to resolve the issues we have had with utilities. The founder of our site has sent numerous pm's to him and has not yet received one response! I'm sorry if we seem impatient, but this never would have happened if we had gotten a response 3 months ago. Now we are stuck for who knows how long!

I appreciate your assistance with this, you have responded when no one else has, however we are not happy with Forumotion right now because we could have had this issue resolved without any assistance from the support staff here and had the forum up and running again if our initial inquiries were addressed 3 months ago.

I certainly hope we don't have to wait much longer. Three months is enough and we have been more than patient.

Again, thank YOU for your assistance, I hope this issue can be resolved before the weekend. We are losing members!!

DesperateInRI
DesperateInRI
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by Jophy May 27th 2011, 4:33 am

MrMario can help in communicating/passing problems to Typlo just like us(the GM's and SM's) but he doesn't have access to this things such as performing a back up etc. Only those people who work in France, but Typlo is usually busy most of the time, there are times that he can answer on the threads but most of the time he can't because he handles a lot of PM requests everyday which includes Lost passwords, domain transfers, domain name deletion etc. I don't know if he can help at this time because to be honest, he's leaving soon, just telling you this early and we're gonna need to wait for his replacement :/ I hope he can help you as soon as possible.

Sorry for the extreme delay. Now to prioritize this problem, I will move your topic to 'Need a Technician' section so that Typlo may be able to look at your topic as soon as possible.
Jophy
Jophy
ForumGuru

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest May 27th 2011, 4:35 am

i got a backup from this site https://www.forumotion.com/en/utils and yah my widgets also use to appear twice then but i did a full backup from the starting day of my site

Back to top Go down

Post by DesperateInRI May 27th 2011, 4:39 am

kamz89 wrote:i got a backup from this site https://www.forumotion.com/en/utils and yah my widgets also use to appear twice then but i did a full backup from the starting day of my site

That is the problem - we can't even access that! We have been having a problem accessing utilities for 3 months and have been requested assistance with this many times but never received a response. Now we have been hacked and are totally helpless!
DesperateInRI
DesperateInRI
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by Amroke May 27th 2011, 4:44 am

Thank you for trying to help and for putting this in the need a tech thread Joph25!! We appreciate it. Hopefully he will help us resolve this before leaving.

Amroke
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by DesperateInRI May 27th 2011, 6:10 am

Thank you for all your help, Joph25!
DesperateInRI
DesperateInRI
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by Amroke May 27th 2011, 3:04 pm

The site appears to have been fixed!! Thank you Typlo Very Happy I know your very busy, but if you get a chance can you tell us what you think caused the issue?

thanks again! you have made a lot of people very happy to have the site in working order again.

Cheers!
Amroke
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by DarkGlow May 27th 2011, 3:28 pm

Finally! Wink
DarkGlow
DarkGlow
Forumember

Male Posts : 629
Language : English | Hebrew | Arabic

Back to top Go down

Post by Sanket May 27th 2011, 3:53 pm

Since this thread appears to be solved, I will lock this, garbage the thread and mark it as solved.
ALL content is gone from site and cant access admin control panel or sign in. - Page 2 2j4t5a8

Sanket Smile

Sanket
Sanket
ForumGuru

Male Posts : 48766

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2