The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How can I enable HTML code for all users in my forum?

5 posters

Go down

How can I enable HTML code for all users in my forum? Empty How can I enable HTML code for all users in my forum?

Post by xSonex May 26th 2011, 5:15 am

I have 2 questions:
1/ I have some HTML codes that I wanna use in my forum, then I must enable HTML code for all users. Is there anyway that I can enable all users' HTML code at 1 time?
2/ How can I make a new BBcode tag in the forum?

Thanks. :wouhou:
xSonex

Male Posts : 7
Language : Vietnamese

Back to top Go down

How can I enable HTML code for all users in my forum? Empty Re: How can I enable HTML code for all users in my forum?

Post by Sanket May 26th 2011, 6:09 am

1) No.
2) You can't add custom bbcodes. Its been suggested, you can vote there.
Sanket
Sanket
ForumGuru

Male Posts : 48766
Language : English

Back to top Go down

How can I enable HTML code for all users in my forum? Empty Re: How can I enable HTML code for all users in my forum?

Post by funwave May 26th 2011, 9:37 am

I have the same problem with the HTML code.

HTML is OFF
BBCode is ON
Smilies are ON

But I want set in a daily updatet html (live ticker like) but I cant as admin/founder set it in. I want only use it for me and that User at my page can see and click it, if they want have the daily offer of free gadgets like "giveaway of the day"....

Thanks if anyon can tell me how i must set my F-settings if it possible.

sry cant set in here too the script HTML/XHTML/CSS code
(You haven't got the rights to access this page)
funwave

Male Posts : 3
Language : german

Back to top Go down

Post by Sanket May 27th 2011, 5:35 am

I don't even understand what you want to do.
Sanket
Sanket
ForumGuru

Male Posts : 48766
Language : English

Back to top Go down

Post by kirk May 27th 2011, 10:06 am

to enable the html for the whole forum all you do is allow html in configurations in your acp,
Then go to your profile preferences and select always allow html.

So basically it's now on for the whole forum and all members, the only time members can turn it off is if the select the option in there profile not to always allow html, or select the option not to have html in their post when creating or replying to a thread/post.

funwave wrote:I have the same problem with the HTML code.

HTML is OFF
BBCode is ON
Smilies are ON

But I want set in a daily updatet html (live ticker like) but I cant as admin/founder set it in. I want only use it for me and that User at my page can see and click it, if they want have the daily offer of free gadgets like "giveaway of the day"....

Thanks if anyon can tell me how i must set my F-settings if it possible.

sry cant set in here too the script HTML/XHTML/CSS code
(You haven't got the rights to access this page)

Sanket wrote:I don't even understand what you want to do.

I dont know what he means either.
People ask crazy things sometimes here.
I mean it's a free host how many options do people expect for free.

With that a side,
funwave if you can explain a lil better and post any screen shots or examples on what it is your trying to do,then if there is a way to do it we will tell ya Smile
kirk
kirk
Forumaster

Male Posts : 11037
Language : English,Vulcan,Klingon, Romulan,& Gorn

Back to top Go down

Post by ElMuggs May 27th 2011, 11:46 am

@Kirk you've heard of Linux right? People want everything for free these days Razz

@Funwave, I think i get this.. you want a text ticker that has daily deals? That sounds like it can be done just using the Announcement feature without any custom code at all.

See General > Messages and Configuration > Announcements

all you have to do is create a new announcement each day.

Not sure about automating it though (if your planing the 'deals' to come from a 3rd party site). maybe look at doing a javascript magic for that.
ElMuggs
ElMuggs
Forumember

Language : CSS / HTML / BBcode / Javascript / Graphics and Tech Support yeech..

http://wizardswb.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by funwave May 28th 2011, 2:03 am

1st I want say a big thank you for you quick Replys here.
2nd: no - i dont want have all for free - i pay a lot and then its ok to have a thing, or in this case a small (new) Website where i can work on it for free.
btw: If i have set-up all what i need at basics, then i start to donate - no problem, but first i test, if i can all from my old website set in here in forums. .....and : sorry i be not a english mother-talking-guy and I may write not in the best english...
3rd: This live Ticker is as I say b4 the thuing of "Give away of the Day", a German ?! Freeware page where you can get every day a new Fullversion of 24 hours for free Smile (for the answer b4 lol) - you can found it here, i have delete the password: http://02318.retail2.c4pserver.de/144.html - if need i can set in there the code to read (there it goes !)...let me know if needed pls
Thanks all
funwave

Male Posts : 3
Language : german

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum