The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Best of ForuMotion 2011: The Winners

+30
gemz
YoshiGM
Wotserface
Jophy
Made in Finland
venu238
Sir Manguydude
!_NICK_!
Mortalgaming
Mike
Cry Vengeance
Tilum
Meatshield718
Tophat 44
PE!N
Super Mega King
viho1
Gangstar15
Nomee
LauraTrelly
SemoandHaribo
pennyc
mara77
Nera.
Russel
verrell123
lisa1302
Sanket
Base
Darren1
34 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Best of ForuMotion 2011: The Winners - Page 2 Empty Best of ForuMotion 2011: The Winners

Post by Darren1 May 29th 2011, 10:57 am

First topic message reminder :

Best of ForuMotion 2011: The Winners - Page 2 Gold-c11
Best of ForuMotion 2011 : Winners
Congratulations to our winners, and condolences do the not so successful.

Hello All,

We, the judges have a few things we'd like to say before we announce our winners Shocked

This year's competition was definitively a very hard competition, from the hundreds of forums to choose from, to the consistent bickering, however, all through it we were able to come to an outstanding result, one that we are proud of, and that the community as a whole is proud of, and we'll be proud to showboat our winners in their own special way Very Happy

On a personal note, I did find it difficult because there were several great forums that I'd personally love to see win, however, because it was only great in one of 3 criterion's, they were unable to succeed. I quite enjoyed some of the friendly discussion and the competitiveness of our forums this year.

Now to build some suspense Mr. Green

Here's a quick reminder on our top 5 forums, all being linked to their respective sites, in no particular order.

This year, we've decided to rid ourselves of the traditional prizes and step it up a notch, or three.

All of our top 5 forums will be receiving a particular small logo, as well as a nice treat for our top 2 Wink

1. First place: Best of ForuMotion 2011: The Winners - Page 2 1st10
    as well as a nicely sized mention on www.forumotion.com !

2. Second place: Best of ForuMotion 2011: The Winners - Page 2 2nd10
    As well as a interview from us here at the Support Forum!

3. Third place: Best of ForuMotion 2011: The Winners - Page 2 3rd10

4. Fourth & Fifth place will also receive an Honorable mention! Best of ForuMotion 2011: The Winners - Page 2 Mentio10

And now the anticipation is over, and here I announce the winners.
A personal congratulations from myself, and my fellow judges.

1. Congratulations Lisa1302! First place.
    Babies & All, http://www.babiesandall.com/
    Best of ForuMotion 2011: The Winners - Page 2 1st10
    as well as a nicely sized mention on www.forumotion.com !

2. Congratulations Gangster15! Second place.
    World Dezign, http://www.worlddezign.com/
    Best of ForuMotion 2011: The Winners - Page 2 2nd10
    As well as a interview from us here at the Support Forum!

3. Congratulations Doctor Inferno! Third place.
    GeekPolice, http://GeekPolice.net
    Best of ForuMotion 2011: The Winners - Page 2 3rd10

4. Congratulations Sanket Forth place!
    WebArtz Forum, http://www.webartzforum.com/
    Best of ForuMotion 2011: The Winners - Page 2 Mentio10

5. Congratulations viho1! Fifth place.
    Undead Xbox, www.undead-xbox.com
    Best of ForuMotion 2011: The Winners - Page 2 Mentio10

Congratulations to you all, you all deserve your places, it took us many many hours of discussions, but we eventually agreed on these places

I'd also like to take this chance to say that as of now, I am handing down the green baton of ensuring this competition continues to thrive, putting it back into it's black box, and locking it back up and into it's locker, for the final time.
I wish my successor much luck.
Thank you to everyone, including Typlo, MrMario, Tilum, Base and various other staff for their ongoing assistance with the competition thought the years.

Many thanks,
Darren.
Darren1
Darren1
Helper
Helper

Male Posts : 11853
Language : English

Back to top Go down

Best of ForuMotion 2011: The Winners - Page 2 Empty Re: Best of ForuMotion 2011: The Winners

Post by lisa1302 May 29th 2011, 11:50 pm

Cry Vengeance wrote:
lisa1302 wrote:No, it isn't because I won - it's because its a fun competition that I entered without thinking I had a chance to win - because we all believe in our forums, but its how people from the outside see our forums that was important here too - and to be honest the teensy little changes the judges made to contest made no difference to the outcome/

So what do you think would have changed had the judges not made slight changes to the way the contest was run? You think you'd have deserved to come in the top 3 simply because you offered an incentive to your members?

All you are doing by complaining is trying to belittle the contest - and yes we have all read you comments on your forum - however you won't ruin it for everyone else, despite your attempts.

I find it really disappointing that several people from UX supported you and the members of Banda, even protested against the possibility of you being suspended. And you were a good sport all the way through, but as soon as you win, you start talking shit about everyone that lost.

Grow up.

OK Laughing
lisa1302
lisa1302
Forumember

Female Posts : 305
Language : Enlish

http://www.babiesandall.com

Back to top Go down

Best of ForuMotion 2011: The Winners - Page 2 Empty Re: Best of ForuMotion 2011: The Winners

Post by Mike May 30th 2011, 12:34 am

Guys, it's a tiny contest, can we not all get along?
Mike
Mike
Hyperactive

Male Posts : 4255
Language : English, HTML, CSS

Back to top Go down

Post by Tilum May 30th 2011, 12:38 am

Right. All flame war/bitchy stuff goes in www.bestoffm.forumotion.com. We wont be seeing someone for 48 hours.

~ Tilum
Tilum
Tilum
Active Poster

Male Posts : 1759

Back to top Go down

Post by Mortalgaming May 30th 2011, 7:10 am

Undeadxbox people please stop complaining, The forums did their best and your forum seemed to not be the best. Therefore, Stop complaining.
Mortalgaming

http://www.mortalgaming.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Sanket May 30th 2011, 7:43 am

Now, if i see any more posts hereafter complaining about members or any other forums for that matter will earn themselves a direct warning.
Sanket
Sanket
ForumGuru

Male Posts : 48766

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest May 30th 2011, 8:50 am

Congratulations, winners!

Back to top Go down

Post by !_NICK_! May 30th 2011, 7:47 pm

Congratulations all!
!_NICK_!
!_NICK_!
Active Poster

Male Posts : 1505
Language : English, HTML, and CSS

Back to top Go down

Post by Sir Manguydude May 31st 2011, 2:39 am

I like how it initial started as a vote thing. And then it goes to the judges to decide, and it is as though the votes didn't even matter as all. It didn't limit their votes to those three sites, just anyone they wished.

Also if you go through the posts, the Forummotion Admins kept telling Lisa and BabiesandAll to stop attacking other forums, or they would face disqualification. UX makes one comment, and boom we are in trouble? Obviously we are being judged differently based on our gender. I call sexism on the Judges/Admins.

Basically BandA begged for Sympathy votes the entire time. That would be like Obama going around and getting votes merely because his father died in a car accident in 1982 and he was deeply affected by it. What is to be expected from a bunch of people on a site that helps stop Survival of the Fittest, and is one of the reasons why the Human race will end up blowing itself up, because these parents can't handle something as simple as child rearing by themselves. IF you can't handle something that is built in our genetics, you don't deserve to have kids. Of course, from what I have seen, these parents are overprotective, which is linked to suicidal tendencies in children, so there is some saving grace. Fun facts to enlighten you all.

Congrats to all, even though the results are complete bunk.
~Random guy who demands equality!
Sir Manguydude

Back to top Go down

Post by Sir Manguydude May 31st 2011, 2:44 am

P.S. Just so you all know, the only reason UX got 5th place is because Tilium judged the site on the actions of one person(Cry Vengeance. He even told Cry this last week. So basically this vote was rigged.

Also just in case it seems that I dislike BandA because they won, that is not the case. I just dislike them because they constantly attacked other sites, yet when other sites returned the attacks, they were e-yelled at. Yum favoritism at its best.

Hope some people get to read this post before it is inevitably deleted.
Sir Manguydude

Back to top Go down

Post by Sanket May 31st 2011, 5:30 am

Sir Manguydude, you definitely did not read my post above?? Well you earn yourself a warning. Please read my post above.
Sanket
Sanket
ForumGuru

Back to top Go down

Post by !_NICK_! May 31st 2011, 8:30 am

What are the prizes?
!_NICK_!
!_NICK_!
Active Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by venu238 May 31st 2011, 8:46 am

Congratulations all!!!
venu238
Forumember

Male Posts : 109

http://medico.forum.com.bz

Back to top Go down

Post by Sanket May 31st 2011, 10:20 am

! NICK ! wrote:What are the prizes?

Its mentioned in the first post.
1st Prize Winner- A mention on the forumotion site.
2nd Prize Winner- An interview from our forum.

Rest of the sites get those images & mention of who won.
Sanket
Sanket
ForumGuru

Back to top Go down

Post by SemoandHaribo May 31st 2011, 10:30 am

Before anyone starts this is not a complaining post but I am shocked and appalled at how BandA is being made out to be the bad guys when we have not said anything bad against any other of the forums. We have had to put up with attacks from UX members all through this competition, and some of the things about us on your own forum threads are disgusting!!

I'm not even going to respond to your attack on our parenting skills Manguydude, my toddler has more decency in his little finger than you have in your entire body. You are vile!!
SemoandHaribo

Back to top Go down

Post by lisa1302 May 31st 2011, 12:13 pm

Sir Manguydude wrote:P.S. Just so you all know, the only reason UX got 5th place is because Tilium judged the site on the actions of one person(Cry Vengeance. He even told Cry this last week. So basically this vote was rigged.

Also just in case it seems that I dislike BandA because they won, that is not the case. I just dislike them because they constantly attacked other sites, yet when other sites returned the attacks, they were e-yelled at. Yum favoritism at its best.

Put your money where your mouth is big man - show me these 'attacks' on other sites!! They don't exist! So know your facts before shouting rubbish! We have NEVER attacked any forum or even said anything remotely negative about them - all we have done is respond to comments made about OUR forum!

lisa1302
lisa1302
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by Made in Finland May 31st 2011, 2:42 pm

Oh lord... reading this thread, I can see why UX got the 5th place. I thought it had something to do with the site layout at first, but if this is how the members acted through the whole competition, then I guess I can disregard that theory...
Made in Finland

Language : fin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jophy May 31st 2011, 4:12 pm

SemoandHaribo wrote:Before anyone starts this is not a complaining post but I am shocked and appalled at how BandA is being made out to be the bad guys when we have not said anything bad against any other of the forums. We have had to put up with attacks from UX members all through this competition, and some of the things about us on your own forum threads are disgusting!!

I'm not even going to respond to your attack on our parenting skills Manguydude, my toddler has more decency in his little finger than you have in your entire body. You are vile!!

lisa1302 wrote:
Sir Manguydude wrote:P.S. Just so you all know, the only reason UX got 5th place is because Tilium judged the site on the actions of one person(Cry Vengeance. He even told Cry this last week. So basically this vote was rigged.

Put your money where your mouth is big man - show me these 'attacks' on other sites!! They don't exist! So know your facts before shouting rubbish! We have NEVER attacked any forum or even said anything remotely negative about them - all we have done is respond to comments made about OUR forum!

So no one is really following the moderator's orders eh? Now both of you earned yourself a direct warning, if both of you want a flame war, then go somewhere and don't do it here on an announcement thread, This is the last chance, If I see more complains about the competitions, forums & users, this thread will be locked and you will earn yourself a warning.
Jophy
Jophy
ForumGuru

Male Posts : 17924

Back to top Go down

Post by lisa1302 May 31st 2011, 8:21 pm

Sanket wrote:
! NICK ! wrote:What are the prizes?

Its mentioned in the first post.
1st Prize Winner- A mention on the forumotion site.
2nd Prize Winner- An interview from our forum.

Rest of the sites get those images & mention of who won.

Well actually we aren't getting this now Sad I have no idea what the prize is.
lisa1302
lisa1302
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by !_NICK_! May 31st 2011, 8:30 pm

Yeah. Me either. I also haven't seen where they have mentioned where the site will be. Will you show me or give me the link till where that's at?
!_NICK_!
!_NICK_!
Active Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Wotserface May 31st 2011, 11:27 pm

Congratulations to BANDA their first place position was well deserved. Although my forum didn't get any votes except from myself LOL, it was a contest afterall, maybe next year will be different.
Wotserface
Wotserface
Forumember

Female Posts : 25

http://iihkindredspirits.forumshealth.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by YoshiGM June 1st 2011, 2:12 am

Congratulations..

Well donde with your forums Wink
YoshiGM
YoshiGM
Active Poster

Male Posts : 1499
Language : Spanish & English

http://asistencia.foroactivo.com/u21373

Back to top Go down

Post by gemz June 1st 2011, 3:33 pm

huge congratulations to lisa on a brilliant forum and a lovley little communtity you have created

well done every one, to be in top five is a great accomplishment!!
gemz

Language : english

Back to top Go down

Post by Nadine_Jung June 1st 2011, 4:53 pm

Wah! Congratz to the winners!! I've just see http://www.worlddezign.com/ forum, that's cool! <33 babiesandall's also cool site~ ^^

Once again, Congratz guys!
Nadine_Jung
Nadine_Jung

Female Posts : 10

http://jung-sister.yours.tv/

Back to top Go down

Post by Darren1 June 2nd 2011, 1:59 am

That's correct Lisa, please check your admin panel, you've new received your replacement. This is because we couldn't follow through, although it was agreed upon, with the first place TT I'm sorry Lisa.
Darren1
Darren1
Helper
Helper

Male Posts : 11853

Back to top Go down

Post by VacB0B June 2nd 2011, 2:17 am

congrats for winning fair and square BANDA but im pretty sure the last round/the round where it was to be narrowed to top 3, said votes are extremely important at this stage. so it makes sense why BANDA won, but then something went wrong.... right about the time where ux got hit with a blue shell that glitches and goes for 2nd place holder instead, which blasts them off of a cliff, and the yellow 4 eyed fisherman on a flying cloud says hes on a break, ill get you after this race is finished. splain!

direct quote:

Best of ForuMotion - Season 2011 - Round 4 Voting

It's been a very competitive competition so far, and for my first year on the judging panel I would just like to say that it's been a real pleasure to be here and to see such a great number of amazing forums out there. You guys have really done a lot and put a lot of effort into your forums to make it as good as they are in order to have progressed this far in the competition.

Now, it is time to decide the Top 3 forums from this round out of the top five forums that we, the judges, have decided to put through based on some serious discussion and long hours of evaluation from the forums that made it to the previous round. I believe this is the last round of the competition so please choose carefully on who you vote for as it will ultimately decide the winner!

And there can only be one winner... who will it be? I shall leave that into your capable hands.

My condolences to all those who did not make it, but we wish you the very best of luck for the future and we hope to see you enter in any future competitions that we might have. Anyway, here is the forums that have made it through (in no particular order):

Congratulations to...

http://www.babiesandall.com/
http://www.geekpolice.net/
http://www.worlddezign.com/
http://www.webartzforum.com/
http://www.undead-xbox.com/

Voting is now open! Good luck.

VacB0B

Back to top Go down

Post by lisa1302 June 2nd 2011, 11:31 am

Well I am disappointed to say that BANDA, as the winner, will be getting no prize Crying or Very sad

One of the judges has donated his own personal money to our forum - thank you for that, but I can't really see it as a prize as such because it is personal!

I don't know if anyone from forumotion is reading this - but seriously - you shouldn't run competitions and not follow through with any prize, especially as all the way through the prize was bigged up to be something really worth while!
lisa1302
lisa1302
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by MrMario June 2nd 2011, 11:11 pm

Would like to make this straight. This was no way a Official Contest from Forumotion. All of the judges are members besides Base who is a staff member who just helps people without getting paid. All official contest are hosted by someone who works at the company.

Also as of right now seeing how this contest went there won't be anymore contest hosted by members.

I'll be locking this topic and if you have problems please talk to the judge to sort this out.
MrMario
MrMario
Helper
Helper

Male Posts : 22186
Language : test

Back to top Go down

Post by KrussH June 25th 2011, 2:44 am

wow i follow Link Removed
KrussH

Language : english

Back to top Go down

Post by Jophy June 25th 2011, 4:10 am

KrussH wrote:wow i follow Link Removed
You're getting a warning for advertising here Very good

Closed
Jophy
Jophy
ForumGuru

Male Posts : 17924

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2