The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Coding - Time Suggestion/Where is it?

3 posters

Go down

Coding - Time Suggestion/Where is it? Empty Coding - Time Suggestion/Where is it?

Post by mgt98 June 8th 2011, 9:48 am

I suppose this isn't coding for a html, but the things like { USERNAME } or { FORUMAGE } are really helpful.

I am asking for help on finding/suggesting making one that would be {TIME 24/11/98 08:00} and then it would work out the timezones for the users and on my forum, when doing our betting system we can specify a date and time that would change to the user's timezone. Therefore giving them an idea of when the match starts ect.

If this is in the wrong section, move it there moderators but please don't lock. I am hoping for some answers. If there is a thread for this, I searched and am sorry if there is one.

Last edited by mgt98 on June 8th 2011, 9:53 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Post was edited, post made no sense)
mgt98
mgt98
Forumember

Male Posts : 344
Language : English

Back to top Go down

Coding - Time Suggestion/Where is it? Empty Re: Coding - Time Suggestion/Where is it?

Post by Mr_Waffle June 8th 2011, 10:21 am

If it's on a HTML page or it allows HTML, you can use the javascript object Date();

See here for more info: http://www.w3schools.com/js/js_obj_date.asp
Mr_Waffle
Mr_Waffle

Language : Dutch | HTML | CSS | JavaScript | jQuery | Java | MIPS ASM | Learning C#

Back to top Go down

Coding - Time Suggestion/Where is it? Empty Re: Coding - Time Suggestion/Where is it?

Post by mgt98 June 8th 2011, 10:59 am

Doesn't work....
mgt98
mgt98
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr_Waffle June 8th 2011, 11:08 am

And why doesn't it work? Because it's not in a HTML page or because you don't know how to use it?
Mr_Waffle
Mr_Waffle

Language : Dutch | HTML | CSS | JavaScript | jQuery | Java | MIPS ASM | Learning C#

Back to top Go down

Post by mgt98 June 8th 2011, 11:12 am

Most likely both.

Also, if I enter a time, will it change and react to timezones and change for the members I have in England and America?
mgt98
mgt98
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr_Waffle June 8th 2011, 11:34 am

You can enter a time in miliseconds, and let a script convert that to their respective timezones.
Mr_Waffle
Mr_Waffle

Back to top Go down

Post by mgt98 June 8th 2011, 12:20 pm

It just comes up with a code and doesn't show the time.
mgt98
mgt98
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr_Waffle June 8th 2011, 2:02 pm

Could you post the code you used here?
Mr_Waffle
Mr_Waffle

Back to top Go down

Post by Darren1 June 9th 2011, 3:39 am

Hi,

You can change the type of display that time has, via your profile > Preferences.
Darren1
Darren1
Helper
Helper

Male Posts : 11853

Back to top Go down

Post by mgt98 June 9th 2011, 5:12 am

Mr_Waffle wrote:Could you post the code you used here?
new Date(2011, 06, 11, 23, 15, 17, 13)
Darren1 wrote:Hi,

You can change the type of display that time has, via your profile > Preferences.
Ah?!?!?
mgt98
mgt98
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by Darren1 June 9th 2011, 5:15 am

In your navigation bar, do you see the button "Profile" click on it, then click on "preferences" and then choose your time, then you can proceed to Admin panel >> General Forum/configuration > "Date format :" and choose the preset Smile

Good to see another Aussie 'round here Very Happy
Darren1
Darren1
Helper
Helper

Back to top Go down

Post by mgt98 June 9th 2011, 10:09 am

It is good to see me Very Happy

I mean't is there a code that'll show the time, then as another user looks at it will change time for their time zone?

Something like { USERNAME }. For example - Using php in posts is called being a smart ass... Stop it -> Say Darren1 for you, doesn't for me...

Just something that changes the time as different users look at it.
mgt98
mgt98
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by Darren1 June 9th 2011, 10:35 am

Do you mean to respond to each person's different time zones?

I'm not quite following you, so maybe a screenshot might help.
Darren1
Darren1
Helper
Helper

Back to top Go down

Post by mgt98 June 9th 2011, 12:56 pm

Yeah, so it responds with the timezones.
mgt98
mgt98
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by mgt98 June 10th 2011, 10:17 am

So, basically this.
mgt98
mgt98
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by mgt98 June 11th 2011, 6:50 am

Anyone?
mgt98
mgt98
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum