The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Edit All Forum Members Preferences.

4 posters

Go down

Solved Edit All Forum Members Preferences.

Post by aron.c.moore June 20th 2011, 1:59 pm

Is there a way to edit all forum member preferences to allow the use of BBCODE and HTML without the member doing for themselves?

I would like to active all members, just to make there lives easier due to the volumes of video links and such that are uploaded to the forum (youtube etc), and frankly i'm tired of explaining it every 5 min's I even wrote a idiot proof topic how to do it but yet,... some just can't manage it, age and technophobia i guess!

Is this possible or one of those things i have to live with?

Thankies in advance. Aron

aron.c.moore

Language : Torpoint

Back to top Go down

Solved Re: Edit All Forum Members Preferences.

Post by Sanket June 20th 2011, 2:19 pm

Not possible. Sorry.
Sanket
Sanket
ForumGuru

Male Posts : 48766
Language : English

Back to top Go down

Post by aron.c.moore June 20th 2011, 2:51 pm

Ok thanks guess i will have to persist the old fashioned way.. perhaps this issues could be resolved or updated by the forum design team with an update to the system, can't be to hard to achieve i imagine?
aron.c.moore

Back to top Go down

Post by Ahmedvirus June 20th 2011, 3:11 pm

Perhaps non-existent service
Ahmedvirus
Ahmedvirus
Forumember

Male Posts : 321
Language : English

https://help.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by kirk June 20th 2011, 3:20 pm

I would just send directions/tell them to enable it in a welcome message.So when they join the forum they will be sent the message automatically.
Then have it posted in the rules or your own faq or something..
kirk
kirk
Forumaster

Male Posts : 11037
Language : English,Vulcan,Klingon, Romulan,& Gorn

Back to top Go down

Post by aron.c.moore June 20th 2011, 3:26 pm

k.201017 wrote:Perhaps non-existent service

As in no support team to fix bugs or update the system with improvements such as this?

Surly this is a common question that pops up.. is there anyway to edit the HTML to achieve what i want to do?
aron.c.moore

Back to top Go down

Post by aron.c.moore June 20th 2011, 3:35 pm

kirk wrote:I would just send directions/tell them to enable it in a welcome message.So when they join the forum they will be sent the message automatically.

I have done that....
and its posted in the welcome message for new members but does anyone find this a silly problem to deal with after all were not in the 90's any more where youtube was a mear fantasy.. were in the age of ipads and such where this type of media is viewed daily i would have assumed it be a quick fix to enable all users to use html functions and BBcodes without the need for messing about.

If there is a html edit that will work then i be happy to take a stab at that.

sorry its just so FRUSTRATING lol beu
aron.c.moore

Back to top Go down

Post by kirk June 20th 2011, 3:55 pm

aron.c.moore wrote:
kirk wrote:I would just send directions/tell them to enable it in a welcome message.So when they join the forum they will be sent the message automatically.

I have done that....
and its posted in the welcome message for new members but does anyone find this a silly problem to deal with after all were not in the 90's any more where youtube was a mear fantasy.. were in the age of ipads and such where this type of media is viewed daily i would have assumed it be a quick fix to enable all users to use html functions and BBcodes without the need for messing about.

If there is a html edit that will work then i be happy to take a stab at that.

sorry its just so FRUSTRATING lol beu

Dude the options are set up like that because not everyone wants to have html enabled,
If you enable the html for the forum , then it should automatically work for them.
If not then they will have to turn it on ,set the options in their profile. or another admin will just have to do it for them.

Your making a big stink about nothing.. like i send send out the info in their welcome message,
or post in a announcement,homepage message send in a mass email or what ever else you want to do.

Question has been answered.
Thread now locked.
kirk
kirk
Forumaster

Male Posts : 11037
Language : English,Vulcan,Klingon, Romulan,& Gorn

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum