The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Can't access Admin panel

+3
Base
Sanket
bwhite
7 posters

Go down

Solved Can't access Admin panel

Post by bwhite June 30th 2011, 19:59

Whenever I try to access the admin panel, it asks me to "re-authenticate" as usual, except now, when I do, instead of loading the admin panel, it actually logs me out of the forum :-s
bwhite

Language : English

Back to top Go down

Solved Re: Can't access Admin panel

Post by Sanket June 30th 2011, 21:01

General>Forum>Security
Confirm password to administration access : No
Save.
Sanket
Sanket
ForumGuru

Male Posts : 48766

Back to top Go down

Post by bwhite June 30th 2011, 21:26

That's great, but how to I get into admin panel to make that change? lol
bwhite

Back to top Go down

Post by Base June 30th 2011, 23:24

Lol, now that's pretty funny. Razz

Please try accessing your admin panel by using the forum utilities. You'll need your founding credentials which are the email and password that you used when you first created your forum.

Once you've logged in, please use the 'direct connection to admin panel' tool. For the utilities, please see this link: https://www.forumotion.com/en/utils/

Smile
Base
Base
Forumaster

Male Posts : 10386
Language : English and French

http://forumotionhub.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest July 1st 2011, 01:10

My God, when will eToxic fix this idiotic end-of-the month cookie bug?

Here we are, the last day of the month. There are again problems with admin panels that use authentication. There are again problems with remaining logged into forums. It is NOT a security issue. It is a bug in the PHP cookie script.

PLEASE FIX IT!

In the meantime, everyone, the bug will go away tomorrow, so at least you only have to live with the problem for a few hours. Until July 31st, when the bug returns. Evil or Very Mad

Back to top Go down

Post by MrMario July 1st 2011, 07:58

dion wrote:My God, when will eToxic fix this idiotic end-of-the month cookie bug?

Here we are, the last day of the month. There are again problems with admin panels that use authentication. There are again problems with remaining logged into forums. It is NOT a security issue. It is a bug in the PHP cookie script.

PLEASE FIX IT!

In the meantime, everyone, the bug will go away tomorrow, so at least you only have to live with the problem for a few hours. Until July 31st, when the bug returns. Evil or Very Mad

I told Godfather about this and to read your comment. I do hope he understand and makes sure this is fixed.
MrMario
MrMario
Helper
Helper

Male Posts : 22186
Language : test

Back to top Go down

Post by imToph July 1st 2011, 14:47

log in to admin panel, when asked to re-authenticate, just enter your admin details and you should redirect to the admin panel..

:|
imToph
imToph

Language : Eng, Phil

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest July 1st 2011, 21:00

MrMario wrote:I told Godfather about this and to read your comment. I do hope he understand and makes sure this is fixed.
Thank you! Considering that this morning, someone from eToxic used the "back door" to access my board as the founder, I'd say your message got through. Razz

Back to top Go down

Post by MrMario July 2nd 2011, 03:28

dion wrote:
MrMario wrote:I told Godfather about this and to read your comment. I do hope he understand and makes sure this is fixed.
Thank you! Considering that this morning, someone from eToxic used the "back door" to access my board as the founder, I'd say your message got through. Razz

Not sure how when there wasn't anyone from the company logging into this forum today.
MrMario
MrMario
Helper
Helper

Back to top Go down

Post by Maikeru Shinigami July 2nd 2011, 04:40

imToph wrote:log in to admin panel, when asked to re-authenticate, just enter your admin details and you should redirect to the admin panel..

:|

I don't think you read what he wrote. He cannot access the Admin panel regardless of what he does. Anyway, I should let the staff members handle this. Cause I also had the same problem, but I just kept on putting in my details, logging in and off. Eventually it fixed itself.
Maikeru Shinigami
Maikeru Shinigami
Forumember

Male Posts : 120

Back to top Go down

Post by MrMario July 2nd 2011, 04:44

We did and the problem is what we said. Lol
MrMario
MrMario
Helper
Helper

Back to top Go down

Post by The Godfather July 11th 2011, 18:05

dion wrote:My God, when will eToxic fix this idiotic end-of-the month cookie bug?

PLEASE FIX IT!

it's not a bug. but every end of the month we disconnect our forums sessions to force their users to identify themselves again. that's for security reasons.

this is not a bug and it's not an idiot as you say but thank you for the compliment ...it is our security policy and you have already agreed to when creating your forum
The Godfather
The Godfather
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum