The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

1 email - Multiple Log-ins

3 posters

Go down

Solved 1 email - Multiple Log-ins

Post by Kala July 13th 2011, 4:34 am

I belong to an RP site that also has its own forum. But the forums only allow for a member to register 1 email per username. If anybody RPs they know how this can be a very large pain because multiple characters.

So I'm trying to find out if there is a way to disable this function to allow a user to reuse the same email address or some other way to allow for this to occur.

Any help that is available is appreciated. the More detail the better but please try to keep answers in as simple terms as possible. I don't always understand all the special terms that might apply.

Thans again!
Kala

Language : English-USA

Back to top Go down

Solved Re: 1 email - Multiple Log-ins

Post by Sanket July 13th 2011, 11:04 am

Yes, you can't have multiple logins.
Sanket
Sanket
ForumGuru

Male Posts : 48766
Language : English

Back to top Go down

Post by gamamulya July 13th 2011, 11:31 am

my forum experience.forum.st can do it, 1 email for more than 1 account, try to disable e-mail activation.
your e-mail still got notice if you register, but no need to activate your forum account trough e-mail. so you can had more than 1 account in 1 e-mail.
gamamulya
gamamulya
Forumember

Male Posts : 192
Language : English, Indonesian, Deutsch ( Germany ), Japanesse

http://experience.forum.st

Back to top Go down

Post by Sanket July 13th 2011, 11:35 am

gamamulya wrote:my forum experience.forum.st can do it, 1 email for more than 1 account, try to disable e-mail activation.
your e-mail still got notice if you register, but no need to activate your forum account trough e-mail. so you can had more than 1 account in 1 e-mail.
Does that really happen?

Well avoid doing that, because it will open up the forum for spam bots. Can be problematic.
Sanket
Sanket
ForumGuru

Back to top Go down

Post by Kala July 13th 2011, 7:53 pm

Thanks for the replies everybody. I'll keep looking into it. I don't want to disable email registration because as I don't wish to compromise the Integrity of the board by letting in spams bots.
Kala

Language : English-USA

Back to top Go down

Post by Sanket July 14th 2011, 5:56 am

Since this thread appears to be solved, I will lock this thread and mark it as solved.
1 email - Multiple Log-ins 2j4t5a8

Sanket Smile

Sanket
Sanket
ForumGuru

Back to top Go down