The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Move admin (Founder) posting to a user account

2 posters

Go down

Move admin (Founder) posting to a user account Empty Move admin (Founder) posting to a user account

Post by poodleantics Sun 17 Jul 2011 - 21:56

Hi there,

Long story short, the original founder of our forum decided to delete it. At first it was like "its mine and I control it you cant have it back". We convinced that it would be better to hand over the control to new admin they agreed and gave us the details for the founder account

I have now full access to utils and changed founder details, restored the forum at the relief of the members without a hitch.

Love the Personal domain option which I have activated Smile

What I would like to know is if there is a way to move the original founder posts from the Admin account to a normal user account with their real name as to preserve the history on the board and get the Admin account back under normal control so they are no longer attached to it.

Kind Regards
Christopher
poodleantics

Male Posts : 7
Language : English

http://australianpetgroomers.com

Back to top Go down

Move admin (Founder) posting to a user account Empty Re: Move admin (Founder) posting to a user account

Post by Sanket Sun 17 Jul 2011 - 21:58

Not possible. Sorry TT
Sanket
Sanket
ForumGuru

Male Posts : 48766

Back to top Go down

Move admin (Founder) posting to a user account Empty Re: Move admin (Founder) posting to a user account

Post by poodleantics Sun 17 Jul 2011 - 22:06

Sanket wrote:Not possible. Sorry TT

Hmmm...surely there must be some way to shut them down, is it because we are a hosted forum?

Another question then, is it possible to get the same access privledges as the Founding Admin to the other 2 admins?
poodleantics

Male Posts : 7

http://australianpetgroomers.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sanket Sun 17 Jul 2011 - 22:28

Nopes, its not possible on Forumotion as i said.

No there can only be one founder account.
Sanket
Sanket
ForumGuru

Male Posts : 48766

Back to top Go down