The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Coding for Apperance

4 posters

Go down

In progress Coding for Apperance

Post by RossB96 July 18th 2011, 9:59 pm

Hi there,

Trying to turn my forum into a website and was hoping with a little help from the forumotion users! Very Happy
To see what I would like to make my forum pages, apart from the forum page which i will go on to talk about in a minute.

My forum type is PHPBB3, and it can be found www.extremegamingxbox.forumotion.co.uk

I would like my pages to look like https://2img.net/r/ihimg/photo/my-images/560/pagenof.jpg/

In the picture, i have mentioned i would like a darker shade of blue, but i have found the perfect one, HTML code is as follows: #1E90FF

If you would like to help post below with the HTML codes.

--FORUM PAGE(S)--

For the forum page, i would like pretty much the same as above, but the forum categories the rounded blue with the titile in white and below, the forums with grey backgrounds and white writing. If you are unclear about anything message below, or if i am doing anything wrong!

FEEDBACK IS APPRECIATED! :wouhou:

Thanks in Advance!
RossB96
Forumember

Language : English

Back to top Go down

In progress Re: Coding for Apperance

Post by kirk July 19th 2011, 12:44 am

i have no clue?
what are you creating your site with? Are you using software like dreamweaver,Kompzer or other web design software? Or are you using a different web host or forumotion html pages.

There is not much to go on here, all you are saying is you are creating a website/webpage and you want i9t to look like the style in the above preview pic.

Well there ya go, for your rounded corners and stuff it will have to be done with a little css incorporated to any custom script you may be creating.
But now if you are Husein a web host, then you most likely have all the options for css,java,html etc.. somewhere in you admin panel for preferences. If you are creating html pages from scratch, the it all depends what kind of web designing software you are using.

So my guess is as good as yours, please explain more and add any additional screen shots,links or if you are using a different host other then forumotion.
If you are using a different host ,then i would suggest you go to their support because we will not do other host support.

But depending what it is dose not necessarily mean we cant help guide you in the right direction Smile
kirk
kirk
Forumaster

Male Posts : 11037
Language : English,Vulcan,Klingon, Romulan,& Gorn

Back to top Go down

Post by RossB96 July 20th 2011, 3:40 pm

kirk wrote:i have no clue?
what are you creating your site with? Are you using software like dreamweaver,Kompzer or other web design software? Or are you using a different web host or forumotion html pages.

There is not much to go on here, all you are saying is you are creating a website/webpage and you want i9t to look like the style in the above preview pic.

Well there ya go, for your rounded corners and stuff it will have to be done with a little css incorporated to any custom script you may be creating.
But now if you are Husein a web host, then you most likely have all the options for css,java,html etc.. somewhere in you admin panel for preferences. If you are creating html pages from scratch, the it all depends what kind of web designing software you are using.

So my guess is as good as yours, please explain more and add any additional screen shots,links or if you are using a different host other then forumotion.
If you are using a different host ,then i would suggest you go to their support because we will not do other host support.

But depending what it is dose not necessarily mean we cant help guide you in the right direction Smile

Well, sorry in the first place.
I am using Kompozer (which i am not very good at Confused ).
I am also using Forumotion HMTL pages.
RossB96
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by flyingfisch July 20th 2011, 9:07 pm

You might try Aptana Studio 3. It is easier to use than kompozer, however, it is not WYSIWYG.
flyingfisch
flyingfisch
Forumember

Male Posts : 61

http://atgworldwide.freeinvision.net

Back to top Go down

Post by RossB96 July 21st 2011, 3:37 pm

What is WYSIWYG? :S
RossB96
Forumember