The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How to stop/prevent "Remote Loading"

4 posters

Go down

In progress How to stop/prevent "Remote Loading"

Post by KTT Keymaster July 25th 2011, 2:32 am

An abuse was sent to my forum for remote loading a .PNG extension image from someone else's forum or something. I am thinking that its probably BS, but I want to make sure that if its true that I get it taken care of promptly. I cannot find any instance of this images location on my board.

Can anyone explain to me how to take care of this? Or should I just ignore it?
KTT Keymaster
KTT Keymaster

Language : English

Back to top Go down

In progress Re: How to stop/prevent "Remote Loading"

Post by Darren1 July 25th 2011, 2:38 am

Hi,

Don't fret! Your forum is safe, and the servers are monitored to prevent any un-authorized access.
Basically as you noted the .PNG is an image, and can't do anything else. Ive never heard of a image accessing a forum?
If anything is likely, the image is linked to a site which will either give you a keylogger, which will basically record everything you type and share ti with the creator, or take you to a phising site, which will again, ask u for your password to a particular site, such as facebook, and will look similar, but once you insert ur password and hit send, well, they know ur password now as it's a fake site.

To me, it sounds like someone is just pulling your strings to worry you; I'd just ignore it personally.
Darren1
Darren1
Helper
Helper

Male Posts : 11853

Back to top Go down

Post by SLGray July 25th 2011, 4:52 am

Did the Abuse Report exactly say remote loading or hotlinking?

P.S. Inline linking (also known as hotlinking, leeching, piggy-backing, direct linking, offsite image grabs) is the use of a linked object, often an image, from one site by a web page belonging to a second site. The second site is said to have an inline link to the site where the object is located.

How to stop/prevent "Remote Loading" Slgray10

When your topic has been solved, ensure you mark the topic solved.
Never post your email in public.
SLGray
SLGray
Administrator
Administrator

Male Posts : 51482

https://forumsclub.com/gc/128-link-directory/

Back to top Go down

Post by KTT Keymaster July 25th 2011, 4:59 am

Appreciate the help, pretty sure I am being trolled by a member of the site. Is there a way to figure out who is reporting the abuse?
KTT Keymaster
KTT Keymaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Jophy July 25th 2011, 8:17 am

Hi,

Unfortunately, there isn't a way, but you don't have to worry about it since it's only sent your forum not to Forumotion itself that handles banning of forums. You can just move it to done abuses Wink
Jophy
Jophy
ForumGuru

Male Posts : 17924

Back to top Go down