The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Custom Colored Username Picker In Profile Editor

+7
LH Justin
Caihlem
musket
kevin 1337
ArChKnIgHt
SLGray
suhpose
11 posters

Go down

Should They Do This

Custom Colored Username Picker In Profile Editor Left1124%Custom Colored Username Picker In Profile Editor Right11 24% 
[ 5 ]
Custom Colored Username Picker In Profile Editor Left1176%Custom Colored Username Picker In Profile Editor Right11 76% 
[ 16 ]
Custom Colored Username Picker In Profile Editor Left110%Custom Colored Username Picker In Profile Editor Right11 0% 
[ 0 ]

Total Votes : 21

Poll closed

Custom Colored Username Picker In Profile Editor Empty Custom Colored Username Picker In Profile Editor

Post by suhpose July 27th 2011, 6:48 am

I would like there to be a custom color username picker for Admins, Moderators, and a certain member group. profiles.

Last edited by suhpose on July 28th 2011, 12:00 am; edited 1 time in total
suhpose

Language : English

Back to top Go down

Custom Colored Username Picker In Profile Editor Empty Re: Custom Colored Username Picker In Profile Editor

Post by SLGray July 27th 2011, 7:09 am

I voted no, because it would be too confusing for members to determine who is in which usergroups if members can pick there own colors.
SLGray
SLGray
Administrator
Administrator

Male Posts : 51464

https://forumsclub.com/gc/128-link-directory/

Back to top Go down

Custom Colored Username Picker In Profile Editor Empty Re: Custom Colored Username Picker In Profile Editor

Post by suhpose July 27th 2011, 7:19 am

slg wrote:I voted no, because it would be too confusing for members to determine who is in which usergroups if members can pick there own colors.

Sorry I left something out It would only be on profiles that are in a certain group like on TheTechGame, the group called "Gold Members"

and plus your can just look at profiles and members badges to see what they are.
suhpose

Back to top Go down

Post by ArChKnIgHt July 27th 2011, 7:42 am

No, Because That's Why Groups For...
ArChKnIgHt
ArChKnIgHt
Forumember

Male Posts : 134
Language : Arabic | English | French | CSS | HTML | JS

http://ultragamerz.forumotion.net/

Back to top Go down

Post by suhpose July 27th 2011, 8:06 am

ArChKnIgHt wrote:No, Because That's Why Groups For...

Yeah, but I hate when every member in the group is the same color.
suhpose

Back to top Go down

Post by kevin 1337 July 27th 2011, 8:38 am

ArChKnIgHt wrote:No, Because That's Why Groups For...
NOT everyone wants same color i got a fast growing site like suhpose with members that want to be in same group with out 50 groups groups should pick there name color.!!!!
kevin 1337
Forumember

Language : english

http://www.JtagModding.com

Back to top Go down

Post by kevin 1337 July 27th 2011, 8:39 am

slg wrote:I voted no, because it would be too confusing for members to determine who is in which usergroups if members can pick there own colors.
you vote no to all the post i see shut up good idea my site needs it same as suhpose i think you dont got a site so you come and hate on good site.
nuff said
kevin 1337
Forumember

Language : english

http://www.JtagModding.com

Back to top Go down

Post by SLGray July 27th 2011, 7:00 pm

kevin 1337 wrote:
you vote no to all the post i see shut up good idea my site needs it same as suhpose i think you dont got a site so you come and hate on good site.
nuff said

I do not vote no on all polls, and I do have a forum. Get your facts straight.
SLGray
SLGray
Administrator
Administrator

Male Posts : 51464

https://forumsclub.com/gc/128-link-directory/

Back to top Go down

Post by musket July 27th 2011, 8:23 pm

No ... keep the colours for Ranks
musket
musket
Helper
Helper

Male Posts : 1130

http://hemmingsdaman2.forumotion.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post by musket July 27th 2011, 8:23 pm

No ... keep the colours for Ranks
musket
musket
Helper
Helper

Male Posts : 1130

http://hemmingsdaman2.forumotion.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post by Caihlem July 27th 2011, 11:09 pm

Colored Groups => Fact
Colored Ranks => Fact
Colored Indivisually => Overkill TT

Too many colors kills colors. A forum, to look proper and neat needs a graphics pallette. How the hell do you expect to keep one if you have every freaking color availiable ? (Or if you have so many it's virtually the same bloody thing Wink ) TT
Caihlem
Caihlem
Energetic

Male Posts : 8969
Language : English, French & Female

Back to top Go down

Post by LH Justin July 27th 2011, 11:20 pm

I'm with Caihlem on this one. it would just get confusing and unappealing.
LH Justin
LH Justin
Hyperactive

Male Posts : 3686

Back to top Go down

Post by Base July 27th 2011, 11:22 pm

kevin 1337, first of all, posting consecutively is not tolerated unless separated by 24 hours since the last post.

Secondly, everyone is entitled to an opinion. If you can't respect that then please do not post at all because you are likely to offend someone and / or start a flame war. Custom Colored Username Picker In Profile Editor Redface

As per my 'opinion', I shall also be voting no to this idea because of the reasons mentioned above.
Base
Base
Forumaster

Male Posts : 10386
Language : English and French

http://forumotionhub.net

Back to top Go down

Post by suhpose July 28th 2011, 12:05 am

Base wrote:kevin 1337, first of all, posting consecutively is not tolerated unless separated by 24 hours since the last post.

Secondly, everyone is entitled to an opinion. If you can't respect that then please do not post at all because you are likely to offend someone and / or start a flame war. Custom Colored Username Picker In Profile Editor Redface

As per my 'opinion', I shall also be voting no to this idea because of the reasons mentioned above.

I respect your opinion, but the only people that will be able to do this is admins, moderators, and a group that you can pick, just like the site "TheTechGame.com"
They have a group called "Gold Members" and they pay to have custom colored names and they get to see forums others can't. In my opinion i think this is a great idea just look at how far and popular TheTechGame is by doing this and plus you can always tell who is an Admin, Moderator, or etc. by looking at there rank badges in the forums or profile.
suhpose

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest July 28th 2011, 1:50 am

I voted no for the same reasons you've heard above. And I'll add another reason as well -- you're fixating on colors because some other forum did things that way.

Think outside the box!

Nothing is stopping you from offering custom ranks, as opposed to colors, for "Gold" members. You can also give "Gold" members other priveleges, such as larger avatars or signatures (ask in the appropriate forum if you don't know how to do this).

You need to face reality here. Your suggestion is dead because it already has more negative votes than most every other suggestion. So please start thinking about other ways to reward your "Gold" members.

Back to top Go down

Post by WHITESABBATH July 28th 2011, 2:30 am

I too voted "no". I think dion gave you some positive feedback as to a different approach. You should consider taking his suggestion(s).
Never hurts to try/ask, just know that everyone isn't always going to agree or be supportive. That's life !!!
WHITESABBATH
WHITESABBATH
Active Poster

Male Posts : 1198
Language : English, F-Bombs

Back to top Go down

Post by !_NICK_! July 28th 2011, 7:45 am

I vote no. Others have said why.
!_NICK_!
!_NICK_!
Active Poster

Male Posts : 1505
Language : English, HTML, and CSS

Back to top Go down

Post by Jophy April 12th 2014, 8:25 am

Locked as per suggestion clean up.
Jophy
Jophy
ForumGuru

Male Posts : 17924

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum