The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

better support!!!

4 posters

Go down

better support!!! Empty better support!!!

Post by Phelpster August 1st 2011, 3:53 pm

I've just spent, possibly the past 2 hours, trying to log in.
Yes I know, I should be more careful with remembering my passwords, I usually am, this time it got the better of me.

So I try to log into my admin account and, oh, I have to go to the control panel so that it can send my admin password to my admin email.. But wait a moment... I've lost my password HOW DO I SET THAT!?

So I look up and down the website for a contact email, live support ANYTHING. When i click support it shows me some FAQs but not even a link or explanation to even come to this forum! - What's that all about!?

And then to top it all off, by some amazing chance I find out that I have to PM some guys who will do something about it.. but hold on, I now have to make TWO forum posts, and also make sure I'm not spamming the boards...

I don't usually do this kind of rant, but seriously, all this JUST to get onto my forums, that's not even very 'secrete' it's a damn role play clan....

So PLEASE just make support a little clearer, more helpful and it will be MUCH easier for people to actually take action...

Now I'm going to bump this post to see if that makes my 'two posts' rule...
Phelpster

Language : United Kingdom

Back to top Go down

better support!!! Empty Re: better support!!!

Post by Phelpster August 1st 2011, 3:53 pm

... Excellent. I have to wait 30 seconds to actually post this one too -.-
Phelpster

Back to top Go down

Post by Caihlem August 1st 2011, 4:43 pm

Yes, duh !

To start off with: there's a link to the support forum at the footer of every page of every forum.

Secondly, the 30 second delay and the 2 post-rule is to prevent spamming and spambots on the support forum. You don't want to come here for support and end up with several irrelevant P.Ms. This is a fact because we've already had the exact same rant of people asking FOR this feature
Caihlem
Caihlem
Energetic

Male Posts : 8969
Language : English, French & Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Phelpster August 1st 2011, 5:46 pm

Ok, you click on that link and think in the mind of someone who's never been here before, there are no forum category there, not information of how to post a support form etc.. That's my point. It was just so confusing.

I understand the 30 sec delay. I was just wasting the time by typing that..

What I'm annoyed about is having to do all of this just to get my password, and now I have to wait for a PM. This could all have been avoided and taken care of in a matter of minutes if they would just set the forums so that the admin can get their password to the email they signed up with like 99.9% of other company provide. (And they do it for this reason!)
Phelpster

Back to top Go down

Post by Base August 1st 2011, 5:47 pm

You shouldn't even be making that second post! Double posting is not tolerated unless separated by 24 hours since the last post. In future, please use the edit button. Wink

There are so many things wrong with this suggestion:

=> No poll
=> It's actually a rant
=> You haven't proposed anything to actually, as you say, provide "better support!!!"

If you need help with anything, feel free to open up a topic in our support forum. If you can't find anything, we're here to help you find something. Please respect our work as we are not robots! Evil or Very Mad
Base
Base
Forumaster

Male Posts : 10386
Language : English and French

http://forumotionhub.net

Back to top Go down

Post by MrMario August 1st 2011, 6:32 pm

I'm sorry you feel that way, but seeing how its all layed down for you, it should be easy to navigate this support forum. You get a welcome PM giving you all useful links, there is a welcome section with useful links at the top of the support section, and there are important topics at the top of each section.

If you are going to blame us about the two post and 30 seconds waiting time, you should blame the spammer who made us do this, plus members did wish to have this feature install on their forums.

If you want to continue to [Language] about support you are more then welcome to [Language] in my PM box.

=> Locked

MrMario
MrMario
Helper
Helper

Male Posts : 22186
Language : test

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum