The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pirating Music on a Forumotion Forum...

4 posters

Go down

Pirating Music on a Forumotion Forum... Empty Pirating Music on a Forumotion Forum...

Post by Hardcore Gamer August 4th 2011, 4:34 pm

Yes, I am very well aware that you aren't allowed to do this. But as of early I have started up a hip-hop forum and was wondering if we're allowed to use the PM function to send each other links to download mixtapes and whatnot. Illegal download links will NOT be posted on the forum, but could we keep it to PMs and talk about it on the forums? I honestly don't want my forum closed down for this stuff, I'm just curious is all as it is hard to avoid people posting music download links on a hip-hop forum and if they were allowed to keep it to the PMs, and discuss it on the forum without posting illegal links, they'd be happy with that.

If a admin or mod on here could let me know if that'd be okay, I'd appreciate it in advance.
Hardcore Gamer
Forumember

Male Posts : 524
Language : English

Back to top Go down

Pirating Music on a Forumotion Forum... Empty Re: Pirating Music on a Forumotion Forum...

Post by Codyy August 4th 2011, 4:54 pm

What is sent in a private message on Forumotion is never read by anyone except the person at the other end of the inbox. However, I do suggest you have nothing to do with that kind of industry. Several websites and companies (Such as Napster) have gone to court and not won.

Hope this helps,
Cody
Codyy
Codyy
Active Poster

Male Posts : 1032

http://leprym.com

Back to top Go down

Pirating Music on a Forumotion Forum... Empty Re: Pirating Music on a Forumotion Forum...

Post by Hardcore Gamer August 4th 2011, 4:59 pm

Yeah that's understandable. But in the end, if someone said on my hip-hop forum "hey, i gotta download link to lil wayne's new mixtape - PM me!" -- Would I get into trouble with Forumotion for talking about it? I deleted a few posts that members left doing the above.

I just went out and paid a lot on ads and a new domain name, so I'd hate for it to get closed down just for discussing it on there.
Hardcore Gamer
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by Codyy August 4th 2011, 5:05 pm

Hardcore Gamer wrote:Yeah that's understandable. But in the end, if someone said on my hip-hop forum "hey, i gotta download link to lil wayne's new mixtape - PM me!" -- Would I get into trouble with Forumotion for talking about it? I deleted a few posts that members left doing the above.

I just went out and paid a lot on ads and a new domain name, so I'd hate for it to get closed down just for discussing it on there.
I don't think you would get in trouble until it was actually exposed that you we're promoting the idea of pirating and illegal downloads. In result, I'm sure you'd be find if you just had them PM each other the hidden content.
Codyy
Codyy
Active Poster

Male Posts : 1032

http://leprym.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Empire_1 August 4th 2011, 5:06 pm

Hardcore Gamer wrote:Yeah that's understandable. But in the end, if someone said on my hip-hop forum "hey, i gotta download link to lil wayne's new mixtape - PM me!" -- Would I get into trouble with Forumotion for talking about it? I deleted a few posts that members left doing the above.

No, links to those downloads should be fine. I think the problem is having those illegal files on the Forumotion site as attachments.

I'd PM a Forumotion team member just to double check though. Wink
Empire_1
Empire_1
Active Poster

Male Posts : 1391
Language : English, Spanish, Mandarin, C++

Back to top Go down

Post by LH Justin August 4th 2011, 5:08 pm

This violates the Terms of Service Agreement. Weather it is a PM or not, your forum is still being used as a method of file sharing. So no, you can't do it.
LH Justin
LH Justin
Hyperactive

Male Posts : 3686

Back to top Go down

Post by Hardcore Gamer August 4th 2011, 5:13 pm

CodyCFS wrote:

I don't think you would get in trouble until it was actually exposed that you we're promoting the idea of pirating and illegal downloads. In result, I'm sure you'd be find if you just had them PM each other the hidden content.

Yeah, as I said; they're fine with sending PM to each other with certain said links. Thanks for the reply.

Which admin should I contact about this just to clarify it? Of course the site isn't aimed around just for illegal links, but when a album drops it is hard to avoid this sort of situation. I'm trying not to support this but at the same time it jus wouldn't be a hip-hop forum if this wasn't allowed, I guess. I don't want random links scattered around the forums - I'd rather keep it to the PMs.

Edit: Ah, okay, I see. Thanks for the info!
Hardcore Gamer
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by LH Justin August 4th 2011, 5:16 pm

Hardcore Gamer wrote:
CodyCFS wrote:

Yeah, as I said; they're fine with sending PM to each other with certain said links. Thanks for the reply.

Which admin should I contact about this just to clarify it? Of course the site isn't aimed around just for illegal links, but when a album drops it is hard to avoid this sort of situation. I'm trying not to support this but at the same time it jus wouldn't be a hip-hop forum if this wasn't allowed, I guess. I don't want random links scattered around the forums - I'd rather keep it to the PMs.

Edit: Ah, okay, I see. Thanks for the info!
Well since you appeared to have ignored my previous post, I will assert the point that it isn't allowed. Any staff member will tell you the same. Wink

Pirating Music on a Forumotion Forum... 2j4t5a8 Topic locked.
LH Justin
LH Justin
Hyperactive

Male Posts : 3686

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum