The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Special user

4 posters

Go down

Special user Empty Special user

Post by msedgley August 4th 2011, 10:06 pm

I have made it so people need a certain amount of posts to reply in a certain topic but when you click it and it states "only special granted users can post here" is there a way of changing that text to inform them they need a certain amount of posts
msedgley
msedgley
Forumember

Female Posts : 618
Reputation : 35
Language : English
Location : UK

http://www.rateoffire.com

Back to top Go down

Special user Empty Re: Special user

Post by Ahmedvirus August 4th 2011, 11:10 pm

The only way is
go to acp / General/Forum/ Categories and forums
Select the Section that needs to posts Special user Editer
Description : Type, for example,

This section needs to 5 posts to be able to do a new topic
Ahmedvirus
Ahmedvirus
Forumember

Male Posts : 321
Reputation : 59
Language : English

https://help.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Special user Empty Re: Special user

Post by Vlajki August 5th 2011, 12:55 am

msedgley wrote:I have made it so people need a certain amount of posts to reply in a certain topic but when you click it and it states "only special granted users can post here" is there a way of changing that text to inform them they need a certain amount of posts

What forum version do you use?
Vlajki
Vlajki
Forumember

Male Posts : 724
Reputation : 359
Language : Serbian & English
Location : Serbia

Back to top Go down

Special user Empty Re: Special user

Post by Darren1 August 5th 2011, 2:22 am

Hi,

Vlajki, I don't see how a version is relevant?

Msedgley, Quite simple Very Happy
The eaisest way to have more then 1 person: Admin panel >> Users & Groups > Groups admin > Create new > Name appropriately.
Proceed to General > Categories & Forum > That specific forum you want with special permissions, hit the Perms next to it, and allow that group to post in there, then save.

To have individual people, convenient for just 1 person: Admin panel > (If their online; scroll down and click on their username) Users & groups >> Search user > insert their name, and click on it.
Now, click on the permissions tab, and tick the box that allows them to post in that section, and save Very Happy
Darren1
Darren1
Helper
Helper

Male Posts : 11853
Reputation : 566
Language : English

Back to top Go down

Special user Empty Re: Special user

Post by msedgley August 5th 2011, 2:56 am

Darren1 wrote:Hi,

Vlajki, I don't see how a version is relevant?

Msedgley, Quite simple Very Happy
The eaisest way to have more then 1 person: Admin panel >> Users & Groups > Groups admin > Create new > Name appropriately.
Proceed to General > Categories & Forum > That specific forum you want with special permissions, hit the Perms next to it, and allow that group to post in there, then save.

To have individual people, convenient for just 1 person: Admin panel > (If their online; scroll down and click on their username) Users & groups >> Search user > insert their name, and click on it.
Now, click on the permissions tab, and tick the box that allows them to post in that section, and save Very Happy

I appreciate your comment but this was not what my question was about, and i use forum phpbb 2
msedgley
msedgley
Forumember

Female Posts : 618
Reputation : 35
Language : English
Location : UK

http://www.rateoffire.com

Back to top Go down

Special user Empty Re: Special user

Post by Vlajki August 5th 2011, 3:19 am

Darren1 wrote:Hi,

Vlajki, I don't see how a version is relevant?


I wanted to use templates in order to change the "Only special granted users can post here" to custom text so msedgley can do it on his own forum with his own text.
I can't find it in templates, though :/
Vlajki
Vlajki
Forumember

Male Posts : 724
Reputation : 359
Language : Serbian & English
Location : Serbia

Back to top Go down

Special user Empty Re: Special user

Post by msedgley August 5th 2011, 10:39 am

yeah its a bit annoying i have seen in done on none forumotion ones so there must be a way surly, P.s i am a girl lol
msedgley
msedgley
Forumember

Female Posts : 618
Reputation : 35
Language : English
Location : UK

http://www.rateoffire.com

Back to top Go down

Special user Empty Re: Special user

Post by Vlajki August 5th 2011, 12:22 pm

msedgley wrote:yeah its a bit annoying i have seen in done on none forumotion ones so there must be a way surly, P.s i am a girl lol

I'm sorry Very Happy I was deceived by the non-girly avatar ^^
On topic: Do you know to work with templates? Because if are, do some research and try to find the solution Smile
Vlajki
Vlajki
Forumember

Male Posts : 724
Reputation : 359
Language : Serbian & English
Location : Serbia

Back to top Go down

Special user Empty Re: Special user

Post by msedgley August 5th 2011, 1:49 pm

im a bit sucky at html with the templates but i will do some digging anyways thank you
msedgley
msedgley
Forumember

Female Posts : 618
Reputation : 35
Language : English
Location : UK

http://www.rateoffire.com

Back to top Go down

Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum