The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pop-Out Chatbox Issue (PhpBB2)

2 posters

Go down

Pop-Out Chatbox Issue (PhpBB2) Empty Pop-Out Chatbox Issue (PhpBB2)

Post by Animus August 8th 2011, 5:48 am

So I was recently on my clan forum: iE FTB3 Clan

And the Pop-Out Chatbox wasn't properly working. It seemed that I would click on it once and it would work fine, then I would close it. Then I would open it again and it would open wrong. Instead of popping out it would just pop up only allowing me to see the first couple letters of who is logged into the chatbox, and the chatbox title.

My Pop-Out chatbox was entered like this:
Admin Panel - Display - Templates - General - overall_footer

Then I scrolled to the bottom of that long code until I got to the final three codes: /script, /body, and /html. I posted the code below under /script but over /body like the instructions told me too.

Code:
<div id="chatbox_ret_cont" onmouseout="stopINT()" onclick="stopINT()" onmousever="stopINT()" style="border-top: 7px solid rgb(148, 11, 11); border-left: 7px solid rgb(148, 11, 11); z-index: 10000; -moz-border-radius: 20px 0pt 0pt 0pt; background-color: black; position: fixed; bottom: 0pt; right: 0pt; border-color: red;"><div onclick="(document.getElementById('chatbox_ret').style.display=='block')?my_setcookie('chatbox_ret','0',0,0):my_setcookie('chatbox_ret','1',1,0); $('#chatbox_ret').toggle('normal');" style="font-size: 12px; font-family: 'trebuchet ms',serif; cursor: pointer; padding: 3px;"><span id="chatbox_ret_online" style="color: black);">Click Me</span><span id="chatbox_ret_offline" style="color: black;"></span></div><iframe scrolling="no" frameborder="0" onload="if(cb_new) { cb_start(); cb_new=0; }" style="width: 740px; height: 400px; display: none;" marginheight="0" marginwidth="0" name="chatbox_ret" id="chatbox_ret" src="/chatbox/chatbox.forum"></iframe></div>

I customized it, more than the instructions told me I could by changing the name from Chatbox to Click Me, but that never stopped it from working before. Just recently it stopped working. Its not only me either. Another clan website I visited had the same thing, and they never customized their pop-out chatbox name. Please help..
Animus

Language : English

Back to top Go down

Pop-Out Chatbox Issue (PhpBB2) Empty Re: Pop-Out Chatbox Issue (PhpBB2)

Post by kirk August 8th 2011, 6:19 am

well it seems to be popping up fine for me, but of course i am not a member so i cant log in to it.So if you would like to create a temp test account i can log into as a member i will check it out and see how the lettering typing is.

i will aslo test your code on my testforum as well.
info added

looks as if there may have been something wrong with the code?

try this one. and it only has to be at the very top of the template, i have mine in the overall footer top of the templete above all content and woprks fine..

so try this out and let me know how you make out, may have to adjust the dimensions for you, i have this one open a little large.

Code:
<div id="chatbox_ret_cont" onmouseout="" onclick="" onmousever="" style="border-top: 7px solid rgb(148, 11, 11); border-left: 5px solid rgb(148, 11, 11); z-index: 10000; -moz-border-radius: 20px 0pt 0pt 0pt; background-color: #000000; position: fixed; bottom: 0pt; right: 0pt; border-color: #7D0505;"><div onclick="(document.getElementById('chatbox_ret').style.display=='block')?my_setcookie('chatbox_ret','0',0,0):my_setcookie('chatbox_ret','1',1,0); $('#chatbox_ret').toggle('normal');" style="font-size: 12px; font-family: 'trebuchet ms',serif; cursor: pointer; padding: 3px;"><span id="chatbox_ret_online" style="color: red;"></span><span id="chatbox_ret_offline" style="color: red;"> Click Me</span></div><iframe scrolling="no" frameborder="1" onload="if(cb_new) { cb_start(); cb_new=0; }" style="width: 1125px; height: 550px; display: none;" marginheight="0" marginwidth="0" name="chatbox_ret" id="chatbox_ret" src="/chatbox/index.forum"></iframe></div>

kirk
kirk
Forumaster

Male Posts : 11037
Language : English,Vulcan,Klingon, Romulan,& Gorn

Back to top Go down