The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Can the names be changed for portal and home..

2 posters

Go down

Can the names be changed for portal and home.. Empty Can the names be changed for portal and home..

Post by twp December 16th 2007, 2:05 am

Hi

I really want my portal to be called homepage and home to be called forum but I cant work out how to change that if it is possible.

Also, i am not very *technical* just learning, so any basic steps would be good, and I cant write code.. Embarassed

thanks in advance
twp

Language : english

Back to top Go down

Can the names be changed for portal and home.. Empty Re: Can the names be changed for portal and home..

Post by zinex December 16th 2007, 8:36 am

I think the only way you could do this would be to set your nav bar to image only by going to admin>>>styles>>>headers. You would then need to modify the pictures and remove the picture links to the two buttons for home and portal, then save.

You would then need to go back into admin>>>styles>>>headers and add two new links, for your homepage (portal) and your forum index (home). If you can make buttons you will need to do so, if not you can request buttons in the graphics section of forumotion.
zinex
zinex
Hyperactive

Female Posts : 2804
Language : scotch och aye!

http://asylum.forumotion.co.uk/forum.htm

Back to top Go down

Can the names be changed for portal and home.. Empty Re: Can the names be changed for portal and home..

Post by twp December 17th 2007, 12:09 am

thanks so much for that Zinex, sounds easy enough for me to follow...

I have tried it, but when I enable the pictures again it still has the portal name there, but I have added a Front page, they are both the same thing.

I dont know if I can disable the word portal in the nav bar
twp

Back to top Go down

Post by zinex December 17th 2007, 1:11 am

go beck into admin>>>styles and headers then make sure in this setting: display only images in the links bar is set to yes Smile
zinex
zinex
Hyperactive

Back to top Go down

Post by twp December 17th 2007, 7:27 am

Then I will always need to keep this setting? only see images? If so, then there really is no point in changing the wording as it cannot be seen..

thanks again for your help
twp

Back to top Go down

Post by zinex December 17th 2007, 9:41 am

its not supposed to be seen twp because with a button you shouldnt need to see a text link, the button will say what it links to, ie portal Smile
zinex
zinex
Hyperactive

Back to top Go down

Post by twp December 17th 2007, 12:23 pm

ok thanks for the info
twp

Back to top Go down