The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Please help!! (Forum delete)

4 posters

Go down

Please help!! (Forum delete) Empty Please help!! (Forum delete)

Post by MistressKatishka September 13th 2011, 10:36 pm

This morning, after requesting a renewing of my forum domain name, I had a message waiting for me in my administration panel ain screen. It says the forum doesn't respect the terms of service and is in danger of being deleted in less then 10 days. But this message also lacks details, I don't know what it is that the server wants fixed or removed. I've had my forum community for over a year and this is the first complaint/problem that has ever been brought to mine and my partners attention. I've gone ahead and changed the appearance on a guess that it might have been some graphic content that caught the server attention. My forum is a fan community that represents an international best selling author so the pics were not out of line with her books and are basically what I have been working with for over a year. Why all of the sudden do I have a problem with the server.

Someone please help! I don't want to lose my forum, my partners and I have worked too hard and too long on it.
MistressKatishka

Language : English

Back to top Go down

Please help!! (Forum delete) Empty Re: Please help!! (Forum delete)

Post by Sanket September 14th 2011, 1:14 pm

https://www.forumotion.com/en/create-forum/terms-of-service.htm

See if it violates any. Remove your content then which disrespects the TOS.
Sanket
Sanket
ForumGuru

Male Posts : 48766

Back to top Go down

Post by MistressKatishka September 14th 2011, 3:02 pm

I've read the Terms of Service many times, MANY times. My partners and I all have. The best we could come up with was graphics and we had book covers up on the index page as well. BUT! We also have direct permission from the publishing house who owns those covers to use them. Does that make a difference

One more question on this: Just before this happened my partners and I had started the process of renewing the domain name we've had for nearly a year. Hours after that renew was put in was when we got the violation/warning and our domain name was disabled. We spent yesterday revamping our forum for whatever could possibly be wrong, and this morning our domain name was working again. Does this mean we met the TOS requirement and can now breathe again with the knowledge we're not going to be deleted?
MistressKatishka

Back to top Go down

Post by Sanket September 14th 2011, 3:26 pm

If after 10 days the warning on your administration panel is removed, it means your forum is now in confirmation with the TOS of Forumotion. If after 10 days, Forumotion still finds problems they will delete the forum.

If you have direct permission from the publishing house, post screenshots of the written permission with every post where you add their content. That will make it amply clear that you have the rights to use & publish their content.
Sanket
Sanket
ForumGuru

Male Posts : 48766

Back to top Go down

Post by MistressKatishka September 14th 2011, 6:33 pm

Sanket,

This is exactly what was said on my admin panel message, "Our service is free, so we are urged to only display legal content on the forums."

So is this ALWAYS the same message that appears for everyone who steps over the line or does this mean there actually was illegal content spotted on my forums page?

And also, it was suggested that images we use for our graphics might have been a bit much. First off, all of them were home made, nothing illegal about them but they are "sensual" and "sexy" images cause the author the board represents is a paranormal and contemporary romance author. Her book covers the same of course, sensual images. Does this fall under a TOS no no?
MistressKatishka

Back to top Go down

Post by MrMario September 14th 2011, 6:42 pm

That is the message you will see on each forum. Forumotion won't put a reason why.
MrMario
MrMario
Helper
Helper

Male Posts : 22186
Language : test

Back to top Go down

Post by MistressKatishka September 14th 2011, 7:15 pm

Well isn't that just so d*** sweet of them.

What about the graphics and images question Mario? Any insite? Yes some of them sensual images just cause the author is a writter of romance, but in the near 18 months our forum has been active we have not received one single complaint about content. Images or written.
MistressKatishka

Back to top Go down

Post by kirk September 15th 2011, 3:55 am

MistressKatishka wrote:

What about the graphics and images question Mario? Any insite? Yes some of them sensual images just cause the author is a writter of romance, but in the near 18 months our forum has been active we have not received one single complaint about content. Images or written.

A good rule of them is to keep all content on a PG-13 Leval.
If it's something you would think is inappropriate for a 13 year old, then it would be in your best interest not to use or allow any such content.
kirk
kirk
Forumaster

Male Posts : 11037
Language : English,Vulcan,Klingon, Romulan,& Gorn

Back to top Go down