The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Shoutbox feature and Calendar events sign-up feature

4 posters

Go down

Shoutbox feature and Calendar events sign-up feature Empty Shoutbox feature and Calendar events sign-up feature

Post by usmanjavaid16 Fri 16 Sep - 17:19

Hi all, I browse your forums quite often now and i can safely say that the forum staff here is really cooperative +1 for that thumright

Before stating my problem here I would like to tell I searched alot but couldnt find any similar problem so I'm posting a new thread here. Ok so, Im an admin of a Phpbb2 forum (forum link can be found here). I want to put a shoutbox at the top of the Forum (also possibly on the portal) to make important announcements. I know I can use the Announcement feature (i've enabled it as well on my forums) but what i want is that certain usergroups (other than Administrators) should be able to post something like a news/announcement on that shoutbox, while others should only be able to view it. Any sort of widget or any other help in this regard will be appreciated.

Secondly, I would like to ask that I want a sign-up feature to my calendar events. Making it more clear, I would like the members of my forum to sign up for the event and I and those certain usergroups on the other hand be able to see all those who signed up for the event as a single list. I want that people can just select few options and then sign-up for the event (something like a form associated with the calendar).

Looking forward for some support, Thanks in advance Smile
usmanjavaid16

Language : Urdu

Back to top Go down

Shoutbox feature and Calendar events sign-up feature Empty Re: Shoutbox feature and Calendar events sign-up feature

Post by usmanjavaid16 Sat 17 Sep - 9:17

bump
usmanjavaid16

Back to top Go down

Shoutbox feature and Calendar events sign-up feature Empty Re: Shoutbox feature and Calendar events sign-up feature

Post by ady.xid Sat 17 Sep - 10:43

Content Removed - Member Banned
ady.xid
ady.xid

Language : US

Back to top Go down

Post by usmanjavaid16 Sat 17 Sep - 15:13

Bump again, can anyone help? Smile
usmanjavaid16

Back to top Go down

Post by Stephen- Sat 17 Sep - 15:26

Do you mean how to activate the chatbox ?
Stephen-
Stephen-
Hyperactive

Male Posts : 2542
Language :

Back to top Go down

Post by usmanjavaid16 Sat 17 Sep - 16:59

no man, i want something where my lets say mods as well as admins can post announcements and imp news. More of an announcement box where ppl other than admins can post (no, definitely not like a chatbox). You can say a shoutbox which can be accessed by selected people only.
usmanjavaid16

Back to top Go down

Post by LGforum Sun 18 Sep - 3:52

Okay for the shoutbox, what you want to do is type in cbox into google.
And find the cite called cbox.net or something similar to that.
The company is called 'Cbox' so you will know when you find it.

This will allo you to do what you say. Because the frame which displays the messages in the box can be seperated from the frame which has the message box to post messages.

So what you can do is, put the frame which displays the message in a widget, which members can see.
But the bit used for posting messages can go in a seperate widget which only mods can see.

It does work, i did it. Its a great idea!
LGforum
LGforum
Hyperactive

Male Posts : 2265
Language : English

Back to top Go down

Post by usmanjavaid16 Sun 18 Sep - 16:59

how to put it on top of the forums? i can put any widget to the left or right bt cant at the top.
usmanjavaid16

Back to top Go down