The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Optimising security of personal data on forumotion forums

2 posters

Go down

In progress Optimising security of personal data on forumotion forums

Post by Daryn September 28th 2011, 12:09 pm

Just like to say thanks to the guys at forumotion for implementing this update although I dont really know what it does Im sure its only there to help and protect us Smile one thing I have noticed is when we get a new member admin copy there email and paste it on google to do a search and its pretty surprising what turns up and a very good way to identify spammers. You can still do this but it was faster to copy and paste lol. Can you please tell me what the update does so I can understand in more detail so I can understand it a bit better.
Many Thanks
Daryn
Forumember

Language : English

Back to top Go down

In progress Re: Optimising security of personal data on forumotion forums

Post by kirk September 28th 2011, 4:18 pm

If you really must copy someones email then past to google search, Just do it from the members list in the ACP.

To better help try to explain the update. It was a little confusing for me to understand the first time i have read it as well.All the godfather is saying is ,that forumotion has updated their security. It's nothing that we/administrators of our forums will notice.It was just announced to help ensure us that forumotion is keeping up with all security updates. Even though we may not see the security features in action,they want us to know all is being kept up on and running smooth on the security end.

Or at least thats what i got out of it Smile
kirk
kirk
Forumaster

Male Posts : 11037
Language : English,Vulcan,Klingon, Romulan,& Gorn

Back to top Go down