The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

External URL Does Not Work, Although "Validated"

3 posters

Go down

External URL Does Not Work, Although "Validated" Empty External URL Does Not Work, Although "Validated"

Post by Randoman96 October 15th 2011, 10:43 pm

Much like this thread, I have a URL Domain registered with godaddy (interplosion.com), but although my forum (interplosion.forumotion.com) says the external URL has been validated, the "forumotion" part of my url is not going away.

I've been looking all day for a way to fix this, and have yet to find anything. Can somebody help me, or fix this for me? Thanks.
Randoman96

Language : English

Back to top Go down

External URL Does Not Work, Although "Validated" Empty Re: External URL Does Not Work, Although "Validated"

Post by Sanket October 16th 2011, 6:45 am

How will it go away? I mean thats your forumotion address. When your custom domain expires, you can access the forum using the forumotion address.
Sanket
Sanket
ForumGuru

Male Posts : 48766

Back to top Go down

External URL Does Not Work, Although "Validated" Empty Re: External URL Does Not Work, Although "Validated"

Post by Randoman96 October 16th 2011, 7:37 pm

No, I don't want the Forumotion part on there at all.

I want the forum to be completely accessable by typing interplosion.com, and not just be a redircect to the forumotion.com address. Meaning, when you go to the website, I want it to say interplosion.com in the URL bar, not interplosion.forumotion.com.
Randoman96

Back to top Go down

Post by MrMario October 16th 2011, 8:05 pm

For external domains names this isn't possible. If you bought a domain from Forumotion it would.
MrMario
MrMario
Helper
Helper

Male Posts : 22186
Language : test

Back to top Go down

Post by Randoman96 October 16th 2011, 8:27 pm

Why, exactly, if I may ask? What prevents you from allowing this to be possible, save for you wanting your users to buy domains from you, and not a third party?

Ever since I started using Forumotion, it's been nothing but terrible, with poor instructions that look like they were translated from another language, and I can't even figure out how to make your software stop spamming my users. Thank you for your support, but I believe I will be moving my forum elsewhere.
Randoman96

Back to top Go down

Post by MrMario October 16th 2011, 8:47 pm

This is because Forumotion is a French company. Yes there are confusing words and there is a team to fix that.

Since this topic isn't needed => Locked
MrMario
MrMario
Helper
Helper

Male Posts : 22186
Language : test

Back to top Go down