The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Facebook connect not working. Please help

5 posters

Go down

Facebook connect not working. Please help Empty Facebook connect not working. Please help

Post by High Hrothgar October 21st 2011, 11:04 am

Hello, so I went through all the steps in the tutorial for activating the Facebook connect function and added the coding where it was needed. I created the app, and got the two codes needed.

My problem I'm having is this:

Facebook connect not working. Please help 10580810

There's no actual button appearing here in the profile or at the login page. It just displays the text but doesn't give the button to do so.... Can I get some help? We're a Facebook page that grew too big (1000+) and so I've built us a forum to move over to. We chose Forumotion, well it's not going to do much good if I can't easily facilitate a means for the FB members to get into the forum. For some this will be their first time using a forum, and so I wanna make this as simple and easy as a transfer as I can for them and retain at least 1/2 of our members. So anyone game to help?!

BTW here's the forum: http://tamrieliclore.forumotion.com/
High Hrothgar

Language : English

Back to top Go down

Facebook connect not working. Please help Empty Re: Facebook connect not working. Please help

Post by !_NICK_! October 21st 2011, 8:39 pm

Click the text.
!_NICK_!
!_NICK_!
Active Poster

Male Posts : 1505
Language : English, HTML, and CSS

Back to top Go down

Facebook connect not working. Please help Empty Re: Facebook connect not working. Please help

Post by Guest October 21st 2011, 9:51 pm

Administration Panel>>Modules>>Facebook Connect>>Configuration

You have to create an app on Facebook.

Back to top Go down

Post by High Hrothgar October 21st 2011, 10:29 pm

The text isn't a link, it's just text.

@Johnny, .... did you read my post at all? I've already created the app. I've set up the app and everything, added the code and the secret and when I tick the 'activate' button for it only text appears... no button or link at all... This isn't the first time I've used forumotion. I know most the in's and out's of it. I do my research before I bother you all here. But this simply isn't working.... any other (progressive) suggestions?
High Hrothgar

Back to top Go down

Post by Animinus October 21st 2011, 10:48 pm

Weird. This never appears to happen to me.
Animinus
Animinus
Forumember

Male Posts : 52

http://outcastforums.forumotion.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by LGforum October 21st 2011, 10:59 pm

I believe i heard from Dion, and it was mentioned several times that facebook have changed a lot, i think its the language it is written in or something.

And so because of that most (if not all) the facebook features won't work.
I'm sure if Dion see's this he'll provide a better explanation.
LGforum
LGforum
Hyperactive

Male Posts : 2265

Back to top Go down

Post by High Hrothgar October 21st 2011, 11:05 pm

I hope so, I need this to work, it's crucial in keeping the breadth of life in this forum.... someone help soon please
High Hrothgar

Back to top Go down

Post by High Hrothgar October 23rd 2011, 6:42 pm

:Bump:

Someone please?
High Hrothgar

Back to top Go down

Post by WeezyFBaby October 27th 2011, 9:30 pm

LGforum wrote:I believe i heard from Dion, and it was mentioned several times that facebook have changed a lot, i think its the language it is written in or something.

And so because of that most (if not all) the facebook features won't work.
I'm sure if Dion see's this he'll provide a better explanation.

Yep this was mentioned many times.. You should check the recent support topics Smile
WeezyFBaby
WeezyFBaby
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest October 27th 2011, 10:15 pm

It appears that forumotion's Faceboook Connect module will not work with any Facebook app created on or after Ooctober 1st. I just tried it with an old and a new app. The old one worked fine, the new one didn't work.

Back to top Go down