The forum of the forums
Welcome to the Official Support Forum of Forumotion!

To take full advantage of everything offered by our forum, please log in if you are already a member, or join our community if you've not yet.

Create a free forum like this one.

A good suggestion

View previous topic View next topic Go down

A good suggestion

Post by Derri on May 5th 2012, 3:05 am

Well I don't know where to post this and this seemed like it fitted.

Well you know how you have a suggestion forum for our forums that we own. Well why not start implementing them if they have been asked for, for so long. I mean some are 3 years plus and the general answer is yes.

I mean if you can't add them then say so. So we stop guessing at what can and cannot be implemented.

I did not want to sound rude and I apologize if I did. I was just making a suggestion. I mean we have had basic things like take post count off on selected forums I think that has went on for 3+ years last time I checked.

Derri
Administrator
Administrator

Male Posts : 8355
Language : English & Basic French

Back to top Go down

Re: A good suggestion

Post by Jophy on May 5th 2012, 6:15 am

Hello,

We still don't know if the devs are working on your suggestions since we don't communicate with them(we only communicate with the techs when there's a serious problem). Also, new features takes a lot of time and testing to work, plus we have several support forums to take consideration of the member's suggestions on the other support forums and discuss on what would be the next updates which also takes time.

Also, you can refer to the message posted by Darren1 since he has been a long time member here and have known a lot about Forumotion:
The devs are ALWAYS working on new updates, they have higher priorities such as bugs, which do take a good chunk of their days, and sometimes, their weekends.
The reason for the whole no update in a long period of time - it takes quite alot of work to make a new feature, and their trying to fix a large number of bugs at the same time, plus there is a very limited number of devs, in comparison to the old days when we regularly got updates, now, there is about 5, as before, there was more then 10.

Not to note, I do believe the devs are updating the server side coding to be more modern, which will allow them to pump out more updates, with less bugs, and less time in BETA, which generally takes months of testing.
I can't confirm that, just a rumor.

So for now, there's no way we can answer all the suggestions if they are accepted or not since we don't communicate with the developers/techs(only for serious problems/technical problems) and we don't have any registered tech staff here on the English support forum to approve or reject them.

I think this was also suggested in the past but I don't know what happened to it blackeye

EDIT:
I'll leave this topic open for you for any questions Wink

Jophy
ForumGuru

Male Posts : 17924
Language : English

Back to top Go down

Post by Derri on May 5th 2012, 3:19 pm

Well my apologies I did not know that.

The only why I brought it up was because we have had suggestions open and saying yes 3+ years. That was all I was saying.

Forum Rules : : Forumotion Staff : : Appeal A Warning : : FAQ : : Tips & Tricks : : Forgotten Password/Login Issues
You need one post to send a PM
When your topic has been solved, ensure you mark the topic solved
Never post your email in public

Derri
Administrator
Administrator

Male Posts : 8355
Language : English & Basic French

Back to top Go down

Post by Jophy on May 6th 2012, 8:51 am

I'm sure they're working on something better that's why it takes a lot of time thumright

Since this topic has been answered, this will be closed now.

Jophy
ForumGuru

Male Posts : 17924
Language : English

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum