This forum is here for support and help between the users of Forumotion. So, it is important to keep this forum clean for everyone's comfort. The following rules are here for this exact purpose.
Messages posted on the forum
- Before you post: A search should be done to see if your question(s) have already been posted. You can use the search function by following this link.
You have an FAQ section where you can find answers for general questions about forum management:
Frequently Asked Questions
You should also take a look at our tips/tricks list to make sure what you are about to ask for has not already been covered in a tutorial:
- Topic titles: When you post your question or your problem, you must use a title related to your question/problem. Words such as 'Urgent', 'SOS', 'Question', 'Problem' and 'Help' are not tolerated. Capitals should also be avoided.
Why do we ask you to use explicit titles in your topics ?
Because the forum's search engine bases its search results on keywords found in topic titles.
When you do a search, do you use "help", "urgent", "problem", "SOS" or "question" as keywords to look for topics about your question/problem?
Certainly not! So, this is why it is important to use titles related to your problem/question. Doing this makes the searches much easier for visitors who use the search engine to get an answer to their question.
- Description of your problem/question: When you ask a question, try to be clear and accurate about what you want to say. Don't hesitate to describe your problem. The more information you give, the better we can answer you. Screenshots can also help depending on the problem. If you don't know how to take a screenshot, you should read this tutorial.
- Language on this forum: This is an English support forum, so please speak in English. When you post, please avoid SMS language such as L3375P34K (leetspeak). Non-English people, as well as English people, must be able to understand what you write. Therefore we ask that you put a degree of care into your English, even if your English is not very good.
- Colors, capitals and size: When you write your message, please don't post in all-capitals as it looks like you are shouting. Re-sizing your text is also a bad idea; overly large text resembles screaming. Colors and bold text are reserved for moderation by staff members.
- If the author of a topic doesn't answer within 7 days, the staff will archive the topic.
- Spam and off-topic posts: Spamming is not tolerated. One-word posts such as 'lol', 'rofl' or a single smiley must be avoided. You must also avoid posting the same topic twice, unless you have a further question or that you have useful information to add to the topic. Otherwise it will not gain you a faster response.
As long as your topic is not in the second page of the support section, it is useless to bump it. The minimum delay between two bumps is 24 hours (72 in the review section), according to this board's default timezone (UTC +00:00).
If you make a mistake or you want to make any modifications to one of your posts, please use the (edit) button at the top-right of the post, to avoid double posting.
- Advertising your forum: Advertising is not tolerated, not even through private messages. You should only post your forum link when it is needed for the purpose of support.
- Copying and stealing: Plagiarising other members works such as graphics and/or codes is not allowed. If you are found to steal or copy others work, you will be given a serious warning.
- Other advertising: It is also forbidden to post advertising for money-related stuff, many of our members are under 18.
- Registered Tutorials: Posting tutorials that make a user register in order to view the tutorial is not allowed. Off-site tutorials that are viewable for guests are allowed. If you post a tutorial that makes a user register, you will receive a reminder for the first time; second time you will receive a warning and the third time you will receive a serious warning.
In addition to the rule of posting tutorials that must be viewable by guests, you must watch how much you post to off-site tutorials. As a note, if the staff member feels that your posts have links to other sites in all your post or most of your post, you will be reminded to reduce the linking to tutorials on other sites or your own site. This is up to the staff member's decision of whether this is an issue on advertising your forum to get members to register or to view the forum.
- Helping Users: If you know the answer to a question but don't want to share it with other in your post, please refrain from posting; it doesn't help anyone. This is a support forum to help users with questions or problems. If you continue to post that you know the answer or something similar to this line but don't actually provide the answer, you will be given three reminders and then a warning.
Behavior on the forum
- Defamatory, racist, hateful, pornographic, illegal or insulting content must be avoided on this forum. You must respect the fact that people may have a different opinion than you. If you are in conflict with another member, please use private messages to settle any disputes.
- Please, be patient. It is useless to bump your topic every 2 minutes (see the point "Spam and Off-topic"). Every member of this forum has a private life besides Forumotion, so they can't always respond immediately.
- You must respect the moderators and administrators. They all work voluntarily on this forum and they are human, not machines!
- If you received advertising, pornographic content or insults through a private message, you must send the whole message and a screenshot of that message to a moderator via PM. Do not open a new topic and post its contents on the support forum.
- If you find a Forumotion forum that doesn't respect the Terms of Service, use the Litigation tool to report it instead of creating a new topic.
- If you don't find your topic, it may have been moved to a more appropriate place. If you are not sure how to find it, click on your username in the 'Who is Online ?' section at the bottom of the homepage and go to the 'Statistics' tab of your profile. There you can do a quick search of all the posts or topics you recently made.
- Do not moderate other members. Moderating is reserved for staff members only.
Avatar and Profile
- Avatar dimensions: Your avatar's width must not exceed 150 pixels and its height must not exceed 200 pixels. These limits are here to avoid scrolling for people who have a low screen resolution. You must also respect the limit of storage space which is set at 300 KB. There are members who have a low-speed connection, and big pictures take time to load for them.
- Your avatar is not an advertising banner. Avatars with your forum URL or links to any other sites must be avoided.
- Sexually oriented, gore and any other type avatars that are considered to be inappropriate must be avoided.
- Your 'Language', 'Location' and 'Hobbies' fields are not an advertising space, so links to your forum or other sites must be avoided.
If you would like a username change then please see this thread
- If you have advertised via private message, you will receive a serious warning.
- If your avatar doesn't respect the rules and you ignore the moderator's request to have it changed, the Administrator will forbid you from displaying an avatar.
- Advertising for money-related stuff = Immediate ban
- Ignoring the moderators warnings and continuing to not respect the rules and insulting people will result in a ban from this forum
- Warnings: On this forum, depending on the severity of the rules that you break, you will notice one of the following images on the "warning level" on your profile:
- You have no warnings
- You have 1 warning
- You have 2 warnings
- You have a serious warning
- You are banned
Also note that warnings are adding up on your profile and you will get banned if you:
- Receive 3 reminders (Turns into a warning)
- Receive 1 warning + a serious warning
- Receive 2 warnings + a serious warning
- Receive 2 serious warnings
- If you spam you will be banned on the spot without any warning
As of June 4, 2014, warnings can be appealed as per this topic: http://help.forumotion.com/t133532-warning-bar-reversals
Multiple accounts on this forum are not allowed.
If you have any question about one of the forum rules, please PM a moderator to ask your question.
Note: These rules may be modified/updated anytime, so we invite you to re-read them regularly.
We thank you for your comprehension and for respecting these rules.
Last Updated: January 27, 2015 - Base