|A New Like/Dislike System (PhpBB3 and Invision)|
This tutorial will give you a new Like/Voting system, that looks and works great! I think if you try it you will be very happy. Voting is via Ajax so there is no page refresh, the count is automatically updated.
Here's a quick screenshot of the button:
And after it has been clicked, you will see the counter rise and the button will be faded out:
Depending on your forum version you must change this line:
For Invision change it to this:
For PunBB change it to this:
For Phpbb2 change it to this:
For Phpbb3 leave it as it is.
Change 'Like' and 'Likes' to whatever you want, like 'Thanks' or 'Thumbs Up' ... or a different language maybe.
You can edit the colors to your liking, and make it look even prettier
Things to note
- There is no page refresh with this code.
- The Like buttons will display 'Loading...' when it has been clicked, until the 'Liking' is complete.
- There's no option to dislike a post, as I think its unfair to dislike someones post.
- There MIGHT be a punbb version in the future, but if anyone wants to make a punbb compatible one then feel free and you must post it as a reply here.
- Ignore the first picture in this post, when there is 0 Likes, it will say 'Likes' not 'Like'.
This tutorial was written by LGforum.
Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum