The forum of the forums
Welcome to the Official Support Forum of Forumotion!

To take full advantage of everything offered by our forum, please log in if you are already a member, or join our community if you've not yet.

Create a free forum like this one.

Signature for helpers!

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Opinions?

91% 91% 
[ 29 ]
9% 9% 
[ 3 ]

Total Votes : 32

Signature for helpers!

Post by Darren1 on May 22nd 2012, 3:42 pm

First topic message reminder :

Hi,

I'd like to propose a simple suggestion, and I honestly don't see why this can't be applied:

Dedicated helpers should be able to have signatures!

Why?
Weve been here for a while, and we've shown just as much dedication as people who have progress up into staff.
Call it a simple "Thank you", if you need a reason.

Also, if your going to vote against, I'd like to note that PAST staff now have signatures, when their not staff anymore blackeye

Thanks,
Darren.

Darren1
Helper
Helper

Male Posts : 11853
Language : English

Back to top Go down

Re: Signature for helpers!

Post by Jophy on May 30th 2012, 1:38 pm

loul If they want signatures, then strive harder to become a staff(that I cannot assure to you) and you'll get signature access Twisted Evil Hehe, just kidding, Razz Not sure yet what to vote about this. Razz

Jophy
ForumGuru

Male Posts : 17924

Back to top Go down

Post by Darren1 on May 30th 2012, 1:48 pm

Thanks Chivas & Joph - I know you voted yes Razz
Some people like moi can't be staff, thus the topic tongue

Darren1
Helper
Helper

Back to top Go down

Post by musket on May 30th 2012, 2:43 pm

Hmmm ..I'm not sure I would want to use one even if allowed blackeye

http://help.forumotion.com/t93820-general-rules does not say yay or nay to one being used ..Maybe this should be clarified in the forum rules. scratch

Anyways... In my profile on this forum so far as I can remember there has always been the option... With nothing said about permission needed to be granted for it to used fufufu

For those Helpers who want to use a signature I voted yay thumleft

musket
Helper
Helper

Male Posts : 1129

http://hemmingsdaman2.forumotion.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sir Chivas™ on May 30th 2012, 3:17 pm

Musket, everyone has that option. The only option they don't have is to show the signature in threads/posts. Neither it's in the Preferences. You only have this:

Attention!
- Please provide your forum URL at all times.
- When the issue is solved, please mark it as solved.

Sir Chivas™
Support Moderator
Support Moderator

Male Posts : 6756
Language : English, Spanish, and French

Back to top Go down

Post by musket on May 30th 2012, 3:24 pm

Sir Chivas™ wrote:Musket, everyone has that option. The only option they don't have is to show the signature in threads/posts. Neither it's in the Preferences. You only have this:

I see what you mean... I tried it via my profile to see what happens silent

musket
Helper
Helper

Male Posts : 1129

http://hemmingsdaman2.forumotion.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sir Chivas™ on May 30th 2012, 3:38 pm

Yeah mate Very Happy. Nothing, really happens.

Attention!
- Please provide your forum URL at all times.
- When the issue is solved, please mark it as solved.

Sir Chivas™
Support Moderator
Support Moderator

Male Posts : 6756
Language : English, Spanish, and French

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on May 30th 2012, 3:50 pm

Oh my God... I think the helper ranks no longer provides to helpful users. Wink

Anyway, voted yes, so I hope you will get your signature. Wink

Back to top Go down

Post by runawayhorses on May 30th 2012, 4:08 pm

Coddy that must be true because if anyone on this forum deserves it its you. I would have thought that they offered you a helper position by now, or maybe they already did but you declined. But no one deserves it more than you in my opinion.

runawayhorses
Hyperactive

Male Posts : 2537

http://runawayhorses.alldiscussion.net/

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on May 30th 2012, 4:09 pm

Lol. Angry staff don't think so... I was a good helper, when was Gassy...

Back to top Go down

Post by runawayhorses on May 30th 2012, 4:14 pm

Oh you used to have another name Gassy and you were a helper? Well I won't ask anymore questions about that but you deserve it now anyway. Smile

runawayhorses
Hyperactive

Back to top Go down

Post by APE on May 30th 2012, 4:27 pm

I for one Don't really want to be staff i was gave the rank helper for the help i do in the support forum i like to help others with there problems in and around the site.

All jokes aside i think helpers that do not do a good job would have there ranks removed and if a helper was to use there Siggs for add's for there site then there sigg right should be removed.

I can not say it for all of the helpers but i did not ask to be a helper i just come in one day and see i had it lol and i thank you for picking me out off 1000's of members here that do help aswell.

Your votes really do count for the little things in life so thank you for the votes we already have and please keep voting Wink

APE
Manager
Manager

Male Posts : 8333
Language : fluent in dork / mumbojumbo & English haha

http://chatworld.forumotion.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post by runawayhorses on May 30th 2012, 5:18 pm

Well I think thats great Ape I'm sure that was a nice surprise and you deserved it.. I'd like to come in one day and see that they made me a helper too. I do a lot of helping and am here everyday but I also ask a lot of questions, so I would still need to be able to ask questions like I do now.
But I would be good at picking up the easy questions or ones that are farther down the list that havent been addressed yet. Basically nothing would change for me but the title..lol

runawayhorses
Hyperactive

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on May 30th 2012, 5:51 pm

You can get a helper rank at least 900 posts on this forum, as I know. And I don't asked for a helper rank...

Back to top Go down

Post by APE on May 30th 2012, 5:53 pm

@runawayhorses wrote:Well I think thats great Ape I'm sure that was a nice surprise and you deserved it.. I'd like to come in one day and see that they made me a helper too. I do a lot of helping and am here everyday but I also ask a lot of questions, so I would still need to be able to ask questions like I do now.
But I would be good at picking up the easy questions or ones that are farther down the list that havent been addressed yet. Basically nothing would change for me but the title..lol
I still ask for help in here lol i maybe a helper but i don't know everything haha i know nothing about codes but i do know around the ACP well atleast i think i do anyways lol
so i'm told it's down to the staff to put your name in the hat and the admins to say yes to it well so im told i really hope you too get the helpers rank Wink

and thank you for your vote;)

~Ape~

APE
Manager
Manager

Back to top Go down

Post by Darren1 on May 30th 2012, 6:19 pm

Runaway, Coddy is staff of I believe the Romanian support forum, and I'm going to guess, he has some staff privileges here, unless they've got their own dedicated communications officer now Wink
Getting the 'Helper' rank is virtually the same method as getting into staff, but I believe it only applies for the support section.
And also, can be treated as a stepping stone into the staff ranks.
You don't need to know everything, you just have to know alot. I don't know everything, and do occasions I have to check details with records I keep, or go have someone back me up.

To the WONDERFUL three people, I'm pretty certain that not just are you staff, but you don't think we "deserve" it, right Wink

To 13ish people who voted for the approval of the suggestion in the last few hours, Thank you I love you

Darren1
Helper
Helper

Back to top Go down

Post by Mati on May 30th 2012, 6:31 pm

I think the helpers should be able to add signatures as long as they are with helpful links like the ex staff members.

Vote YES! Very Happy

Mati
Active Poster

Language : || HTML || CSS || jQuery ||

http://elite-gaming.forumotion.net/

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on May 30th 2012, 8:02 pm

Hmm, to be honestly I thought to this feauture some time ago, but forgot to open a topic. Wink

Darren1, I was a debutant support moderator on forumgratuit, but romanians have a stupid culture, so they don't accepted me because I was the best... Sorry for my attitude, my friend...

Anyway, I see that all are jealous that I'm helping on 2 support forums in the same time... and I do my job perfect, even if I'm not a staff member.

Incidentally I'm behave like this...

Back to top Go down

Post by Sanket on May 30th 2012, 8:27 pm

Everyone here, please stay on Topic. It would be appreciated. Smile

Sanket
ForumGuru

Male Posts : 48766

http://webartzforum.com

Back to top Go down

Post by kirk on May 30th 2012, 8:46 pm

i dont have a problem if helpers are granted sig permissions,
However the sigs would have to be related with something that would help here or just something personal like an additional little banner or something. basically add what you want.
Of course Nothing for advertising, or something huge and over-sized... lol

As far as becoming a helper or staff, there are no set guide lines, most helpers here if not all have been here a very long time and indeed have helped a lot, It's basically our way of showing are appreciation and that all yous contribute dose not go UN-noticed.

With that being said, there are many many members that help, without us having the number of members that help i do not think staff alone would be able to keep up, even with all the members that help and us staff doing all we can. it is still hard to reply and resolve everyone's problems.So you know this is a support forum and staff and members can pull together and do all we can to help as many as possible.. That's all we can do.

However one thing i would like to make clear to all members is.
Just because you may have not been nominated for a helpers rank dose not mean all your work and help goes UN-noticed, Of course we can not give all members the rank, But we do appreciate all that anyone can help with. I try to thank as many members as i can when i see them help out in any topics. I mean at the end of the day, it's the members that make a forum no matter what kind of forum it may be, without all our members here and those who help with what they can. It would be kind of pointless even have a support forum. So i thank you all, members and staff a like Smile TRUE DAT Very good

As far as the sig thing, Staff will have to discuss it in the next staff meeting or perhaps even bump it up a little and try to decide in our staff office. But i'll vote yes for it. rock

kirk
Forumaster

Male Posts : 11037
Language : English,Vulcan,Klingon, Romulan,& Gorn

Back to top Go down

Post by runawayhorses on May 31st 2012, 6:48 am

Thanks Kirk, I can't speak for everyone, but for me I will continue to help people the best I can because I enjoy it. I feel its the right thing to do because I am also one of the people that get helped, so I am just giving back what I have learned. We all help each other is the way I see it. Smile

I'd like to offer my forum to those that would like to continue this conversation as it seems we are going off topic here in such a way that is not wanted. But I like how we are communicating here and would hate to see it dissolved. So anyone that would like to continue you know where my forum is, its open for all.

I'm done here in this topic.

runawayhorses
Hyperactive

Back to top Go down

Post by polytimi on May 31st 2012, 2:59 pm

I agree with you! It's a very clever idea. Why not? Very Happy

polytimi

Back to top Go down

Post by Darren1 on June 2nd 2012, 2:01 am

Thanks Polytimi.

Time for a night time bump Razz

Darren1
Helper
Helper

Back to top Go down

Post by Sanket on June 2nd 2012, 5:03 am

I have voted No For this suggestion.

I was reserving my right to comment so as not to refuse the suggestion immediately. However, i will make a few comments on it.

Firstly, helper rank was given as a appreciation to users who generally help. It was already a big Thank You from us to the people who help. Smile [Never ask for a thank you, this is intended for Darren1 Razz] It was always going to be the only thing that would be given, without any added benefits. They would always remain as members with the rank.

Now, already we have staff members who have Useful links in their signatures. So my rejection is not related to whether helpers will post incorrect links or advertise. Its a question of, how much cluttering do we want to see in posts. Staff members can't go beyond say 18 to the max. However, the number of helpers in the future could go beyond that number, we won't have a limit to it. Once you receive a helper rank, it won't ever be removed from your profile unless you start breaking rules & act in a weird way. Even if you don't want to help, the rank would still remain. So a group of say 30 members having signatures, would be too much of cluttering.

So i hope you guys understand, what i am trying to say.

Sanket
ForumGuru

Back to top Go down

Post by Darren1 on June 2nd 2012, 11:55 am

Thanks for posting Sanket, I only ask for the negative comments to better understand why they voted against, and to make constructive comments out of it to improve the suggestion...if possible.
We do appreciate a thanks here and there just as much as you staff do, but we don't get anything out of it.

Realistically thinking, there are quite a few threads that the staff don't get to post in until the very end to lock the topic, sometimes by choice sometimes because they weren't online.
In that period we could have given the user a few more important links that weren't relevant to the topic, so we couldn't post it.
Also, it's not likely to have 30 helpers, I think we'd be lucky to have 5 members progress upto the helpers rank.
If cluttering is the problem, then some of the veteran staff could lose the signature as not many are active any more, right?
On a personal note, we get less then you staff do, and we do appreciate the occasional thanks, I'm simply suggesting that something happens, I thought this would get attention Razz
Both me and Ape have been here as long as you Sanket and as you know, after 4 years, we would like to hear some words of appreciation, I'm not sure what else this forum could do?

Darren1
Helper
Helper

Back to top Go down

Post by Sanket on June 2nd 2012, 12:00 pm

I don't understand the relation of staff not able to give links??

Just a question, if the signatures are not allowed, it means that we as staff don't appreciate the work you have done? If the helper's rank was not given, did that mean your help was not appreciated?

Also, i don't want to compare it with the Veteran group. Its the worst thing we could do.

Also, on a personal note. We being staff have heard abuses & accuses thrown against us. So its not all jolly jolly. lol

Sanket
ForumGuru

Back to top Go down

Post by APE on June 2nd 2012, 2:47 pm

I'm Sorry i think your unfair on this we have just asked for a little siggy that would help you and the site I'ts not as if we have asked to become Full time staff.

Me and Darren 1 work hard for FM and yes for nothing
if we can not get this why not an office so the helper staff have a place that we can talk about problem and the staff can also use it to talk to us about ways round the problem ?

We always get a thank you from the members that i think is really nice but we don't ever get a thanx for the work we do for staff i had one really nice pm from base the other day for reporting a post and that was it

Ha ha i tell you what Admin Remove my rank as helper I'm not even going to beg for nothing now it's a jock ..the staff here do a good job but they have said there self they always need out help but i don't see it haha I quit

Sorry to all the guys that gave me there support to getting my rank
FM Don't care the helpers have no rights to anything dont even have a say on problem...

Ape

APE
Manager
Manager

Back to top Go down

Post by Sanket on June 2nd 2012, 3:05 pm

I have nothing more to say on this.

I had already made up my mind of a No for this suggestion. By, letting this thread open in the first place even after commenting i was trying to get constructive opinions on this so that i could change my mind

However, looking at the way things are shaping up. I don't see a reason for this thread to remain open. As i certainly am rejecting this suggestion. Thank you all for your opinions.

Suggestion Refused & Topic Locked

Sanket
ForumGuru

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum