The forum of the forums
Welcome to the Official Support Forum of Forumotion!

To take full advantage of everything offered by our forum, please log in if you are already a member, or join our community if you've not yet.

Create a free forum like this one.

Featured Member Forums

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Do you think this would be a good idea and help the little forums as well as big forums on Forumotion grow?

75% 75% 
[ 3 ]
25% 25% 
[ 1 ]

Total Votes : 4

Featured Member Forums

Post by Derri on November 4th 2012, 2:40 pm

Hello,

This suggestion is to help create awareness for the little forums and big forums alike.

Either in the "About Forumotion Section" or the "Miscellaneous" section you create a forum which is titled "Featured Members Forums" which you then pick one forum that is being advertised from each section so...

One forum from Art and Culture
One forum from Music
One forum from Miscellaneous
One forum from Graphics
and so on.... one from each section.

And basically you create a thread about it or move the existing thread into that section. This would allow one forum each week or month (depending on the time you allow) to be advertised more in the open and newer forums and bigger forums would benefit.

The way these forums would be chosen would be by either submitting an application or by looking in each of these sections and then choosing the forum.

This would allow forums to be advertised more openly and attract new members.

I was also thinking you could set up a group of people who could be in charge of deciding who's forum gets chosen. Or you could use current staff. If you did allow this group then they could vote among themselves or you could even allow the community to vote. Who knows. It would be a good idea.

The reason I am asking this is the newer forums never get a chance to take off, they die within a month or so and this would be an excellent opportunity for the newer forums to grow. The older forums would also benefit from this because they could get chosen as well.

I know it would need to be worked out among current forumotion staff and I totally understand that. However I think it would be a good idea and I would be willing to volunteer my time into helping this suggestion grow. The reason I want this suggestion to be created is simply to allow new forums to be successful, I bet many people have created a forum and its never really taken off or you have about 3 of the same members posting and new members never show themselves.

Like I said I would be willing to help out with making this suggestion a reality as I do want to see little forums take off. So what does everyone think of this suggestion?

Derri
Administrator
Administrator

Male Posts : 8355
Language : English & Basic French

Back to top Go down

Re: Featured Member Forums

Post by Derri on November 14th 2012, 8:01 am

I am going to move this up to see if it can get more attention and possibly a reply.

Forum Rules : : Forumotion Staff : : Appeal A Warning : : FAQ : : Tips & Tricks : : Forgotten Password/Login Issues
You need one post to send a PM
When your topic has been solved, ensure you mark the topic solved
Never post your email in public

Derri
Administrator
Administrator

Male Posts : 8355
Language : English & Basic French

Back to top Go down

Re: Featured Member Forums

Post by Jophy on January 2nd 2014, 12:27 pm

Already ongoing. Please check the Forum Promotion section. Wink