The forum of the forums
Welcome to the Official Support Forum of Forumotion!

To take full advantage of everything offered by our forum, please log in if you are already a member, or join our community if you've not yet.



Create a free forum like this one.

Remove editor background image

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Do you prefer the editor with or without the background image?

52% 52% 
[ 12 ]
48% 48% 
[ 11 ]
 
Total Votes : 23

Remove editor background image

Post by invisible_fa on August 14th 2013, 2:16 am

First topic message reminder :

Hello.

I`ve just noticed that now, when we want to write a reply / topic, an image is shown in the background (the monster and the text "help!" )

From my point of view this is not good, because it makes diffiicult to see what you are writting (when you are writting in the zone wich is just over the image, I mean)

So I would say that I prefer the editor without the background image, just as it cames by default.

invisible_fa
Forumember

Male Posts : 884
Reputation : 18
Language : Klingon
Location : Does it matter? I'm Invisible, you will not see me anyway

Back to top Go down


Re: Remove editor background image

Post by Ultron's Vision on November 22nd 2013, 8:25 pm

Sir Chivas™ wrote:This is what can be done :)We can add opactiy to the image. However it'll make the font color turn grayish, which probably will be another reason for you guys to not like this idea. Another solution would be adding font-weight: bolder;

With all due respect, this is certainly not true; scaling an image's opacity has no effect on text above the image.

My forum uses its own logo as background on the editor and using the CSS property background-image, and our text is quite definitely not affected at all.

With a very simple fix like SethC1995 has suggested, this issue is easily resolved.
I for my part see this background image (or, more generally, the entire editor) as a mess, not only in a layout-technical way but also on resource management. Sorry to be this blunt, but it's all in an appropriate manner of constructive criticism - at least in my eyes. I beg your pardon if I caused any inconvenience.

Ultron's Vision
Forumember

Male Posts : 634
Reputation : 45
Language : English | German | HTML | JavaScript | PHP | C++ | Perl | Java
Location : Vienna, Austria

http://duelacademy.net

Back to top Go down

Re: Remove editor background image

Post by runawayhorses on November 22nd 2013, 9:31 pm

@Ultron's Vision wrote:With all due respect, this is certainly not true; scaling an image's opacity has no effect on text above the image.

My forum uses its own logo as background on the editor and using the CSS property background-image, and our text is quite definitely not affected at all.

With a very simple fix like SethC1995 has suggested, this issue is easily resolved.
I for my part see this background image (or, more generally, the entire editor) as a mess, not only in a layout-technical way but also on resource management. Sorry to be this blunt, but it's all in an appropriate manner of constructive criticism - at least in my eyes. I beg your pardon if I caused any inconvenience.
You should not feel you need to make excuses for questioning Sir Chivas understanding of code implementation. He is like us, just human who happens to be moderator., He doesn't know anymore about codes than I do, or many other people in the world. Your query is consistent to a point, you haven't shown how you adjusted the background opacity without it affecting the text. A code example would make your point more plausible.

Its my understanding and experience that the selectors required to make the text editor background image opacity lighter also has an affect on the text, this is due to the fact the text and background are both influenced by the same selector. Of course the workaround if you have a version of forum that you can edit the template is, you can add a divide class <div class=""></div> to the appropriate place in your template, and style it how you want.

runawayhorses
Hyperactive

Male Posts : 2537
Reputation : 162
Language : English
Location : United States

http://runawayhorses.alldiscussion.net/

Back to top Go down

Re: Remove editor background image

Post by Ikerepc on November 22nd 2013, 9:37 pm

I'm vote no, it can be only more transparent, I think it will help too, but for now I'm vote no.

Ikerepc
Active Poster

Male Posts : 1114
Reputation : 152
Language : Croatian, HTML, CSS, jQuery, JavaScript, PHP, SQL, Bascom, Python, C, FBD & LAD for PLC and more... Little English :D
Location : Around electronics and progmamming ;)

http://help.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Remove editor background image

Post by Derri on November 22nd 2013, 9:53 pm

Zyon wrote:I'm vote no, it can be only more transparent, I think it will help too, but for now I'm vote no.
I'm not sure I understand your logic.

At first you said you'd vote no, then you said it would be helpful if it was to be more transparent but then you still voted no....

Derri
Administrator
Administrator

Male Posts : 8355
Reputation : 571
Language : English & Basic French
Location : Scotland, United Kingdom

Back to top Go down

Re: Remove editor background image

Post by Ultron's Vision on November 23rd 2013, 12:57 pm

@runawayhorses wrote:
@Ultron's Vision wrote:With all due respect, this is certainly not true; scaling an image's opacity has no effect on text above the image.

My forum uses its own logo as background on the editor and using the CSS property background-image, and our text is quite definitely not affected at all.

With a very simple fix like SethC1995 has suggested, this issue is easily resolved.
I for my part see this background image (or, more generally, the entire editor) as a mess, not only in a layout-technical way but also on resource management. Sorry to be this blunt, but it's all in an appropriate manner of constructive criticism - at least in my eyes. I beg your pardon if I caused any inconvenience.
You should not feel you need to make excuses for questioning Sir Chivas understanding of code implementation. He is like us, just human who happens to be moderator., He doesn't know anymore about codes than I do, or many other people in the world. Your query is consistent to a point, you haven't shown how you adjusted the background opacity without it affecting the text. A code example would make your point more plausible.

Its my understanding and experience that the selectors required to make the text editor background image opacity lighter also has an affect on the text, this is due to the fact the text and background are both influenced by the same selector. Of course the workaround if you have a version of forum that you can edit the template is, you can add a divide class <div class=""></div> to the appropriate place in your template, and style it how you want.
Yes, I think my wording was misunderstood; I did not say that Chivas should just stop coding because he's bad, nor did I mock him for not knowing something.

As for the code you were telling me to show...

This simple CSS adds a background image to the editor. If you edit the image to have a lower opacity, only ever the background image will be affected.

Code:
.sceditor-container iframe {
 background-image:url('http://i76.servimg.com/u/f76/12/16/55/86/dalogo10.png');
}
And with that, such a simple change is made. One line.

Ultron's Vision
Forumember

Male Posts : 634
Reputation : 45
Language : English | German | HTML | JavaScript | PHP | C++ | Perl | Java
Location : Vienna, Austria

http://duelacademy.net

Back to top Go down

Re: Remove editor background image

Post by runawayhorses on November 23rd 2013, 1:52 pm

Yeah, you adjusted the image opacity with an image editor, then upload it and added it to the editor. That was seths approach and probably the best way to go about it, thats what I would do anyway. This image opacity was done with a image editor: http://i74.servimg.com/u/f74/18/21/41/30/help-a10.png

I would first create a transparent layer or color for my text editors background then put the image on top of it and adjust the opacity, then merge all layers into to one and save the image. Thats one way to adjust the opacity, and there are other techniques, but thats the general idea. I've done lots of work with transparencies through the years. In fact years ago when I created a dark theme for my forum I made many of the backgrounds throughout the forum transparent with opacity codes, and a few with my selection of image editors. I have 3 of them on my computer that can do just about anything. I do not use paintshop. The other way is setting the image opacity with codes, so it doesn't effect the text, and that can be done too but a lot more trouble, so setting the image opacity with an editor is the best way I think. So you did in my opinion the best way to go about it.

runawayhorses
Hyperactive

Male Posts : 2537
Reputation : 162
Language : English
Location : United States

http://runawayhorses.alldiscussion.net/

Back to top Go down

Re: Remove editor background image

Post by Derri on January 12th 2014, 5:35 pm

I still agree with adjusting the opacity of the image so it is less prominent.


Forum Rules : : Forumotion Staff : : Appeal A Warning : : FAQ : : Tips & Tricks : : Forgotten Password/Login Issues
You need one post to send a PM
When your topic has been solved, ensure you mark the topic solved
Never post your email in public


Derri
Administrator
Administrator

Male Posts : 8355
Reputation : 571
Language : English & Basic French
Location : Scotland, United Kingdom

Back to top Go down

Re: Remove editor background image

Post by YoshiGM on January 13th 2014, 3:08 am

Hello,

Vote NO, because if that's so hard only need to add opacity to the background image .. I see you already got the image with opacity so you might want to choose the one with less opacity and does not interfere much to write.

Greetings.
Yoshi

YoshiGM
Forumember

Male Posts : 512
Reputation : 76
Language : Spanish & English
Location : Mexico

http://asistencia.foroactivo.com/u21373

Back to top Go down

Re: Remove editor background image

Post by Ange Tuteur on December 3rd 2014, 4:24 pm

Archived

The editor background was changed to go to with the new design, and doesn't show the same issues as before.

Ange Tuteur
Forumaster

Male Posts : 13021
Reputation : 2683
Language : EN10, FR5
Location : Pennsylvania

http://fmdesign.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum