Toolbar Suggestion: Name of thread instead of "In a watched Topic"  Hitskin_logo Hitskin.com

This is a Hitskin.com skin preview
Install the skinReturn to the skin page

The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
+13
Niko
Rhino.Freak
J0k3R^
Beyonder
Ape
mist3r0us_b0y
runawayhorses
Base
sasukekun
invisible_fa
Sir Chivas™
Derri
Cman
17 posters

Toolbar Suggestion: Name of thread instead of "In a watched Topic"

Poll

Do you think the above suggestion should be implemented?

[ 33 ]
    Toolbar Suggestion: Name of thread instead of "In a watched Topic"  Bar_left100%Toolbar Suggestion: Name of thread instead of "In a watched Topic"  Bar_right [100%] 
    [ 0 ]
    Toolbar Suggestion: Name of thread instead of "In a watched Topic"  Bar_left0%Toolbar Suggestion: Name of thread instead of "In a watched Topic"  Bar_right [0%] 

Total Votes: 33
    Cman
    Cman
    Forumember

Male Posts : 681
    Language : English

Toolbar Suggestion: Name of thread instead of "In a watched Topic"  Empty "Watched Topic" Be Changed To Actual Name

Post by Cman Sun 30 Jun 2013 - 19:41

It would be nice if the "a watched topic" link in the notifications on the toolbar was changed to the topic's actual name.  So, the notification would have the name of the actual topic instead of "a watched topic".
    Derri
    Derri
    Helper
    Helper

Male Posts : 8755
    Language : English & Basic French

Toolbar Suggestion: Name of thread instead of "In a watched Topic"  Empty Toolbar Suggestion: Name of thread instead of "In a watched Topic"

Post by Derri Thu 15 Aug 2013 - 13:12

Hi,

I really like the toolbar but one thing I did after a week of it being implemented was turn off notifications for new replies in watched threads. My reasoning for doing this was very simple I couldn't keep track of what threads I was interested in returning too because I didn't have a thread name and if you're on a busy forum, coming back and seeing 29 notifications and you can't tell what thread is what.

So I had to disable it. As I find it much easier to just go to my profile and click on the tab "Topics being watched" and I can see a list of topics I'm watching and see if it has any replies.

So my suggestion is quite simple: Instead of saying "Derri wrote a message in in a watched topic" it could say "Derri wrote a message in <Insert topic title>"

So what do you think?

Vote above and comment below
    Sir Chivas™
    Sir Chivas™
    Helper
    Helper

Male Posts : 6983
    Language : EN, FR, ES

Toolbar Suggestion: Name of thread instead of "In a watched Topic"  Empty Re: Toolbar Suggestion: Name of thread instead of "In a watched Topic"

Post by Sir Chivas™ Fri 16 Aug 2013 - 5:31

This is an actually interesting idea, will come in handy in many ways. You have my word, yes. Very Happy
    Derri
    Derri
    Helper
    Helper

Toolbar Suggestion: Name of thread instead of "In a watched Topic"  Empty Re: Toolbar Suggestion: Name of thread instead of "In a watched Topic"

Post by Derri Fri 16 Aug 2013 - 5:34

Thanks for voting Very Happy

batman 

Post by Guest Fri 16 Aug 2013 - 5:59

Voted Yes! Good suggestion!
    Derri
    Derri
    Helper
    Helper

Post by Derri Fri 16 Aug 2013 - 6:08

Leah7 wrote:Voted Yes!  Good suggestion!
    Thank you Very Happy
    invisible_fa
    invisible_fa
    Forumember

Male Posts : 966
    Language : Klingon
    Location : Does it matter? I'm Invisible, you will not see me anyway

Post by invisible_fa Sat 17 Aug 2013 - 2:18

Yeah. Knowing the topic title would be a good improvement, because it would make the notifications managemets faster for us.

I have seen a tutorial in the french support forum to do it through Jquery, but I think that this tutorial makes the forum load more slowly, cause it makes lots of petitions for getting the title, about all if you have several notifications about an answer in a watched topic.

So it would be nice that this would be included by default, without needing of add Jquery code.

P.S. taking a look at this subform I have detected that there are other opened suggestion that is the same you are proposing.
    sasukekun
    sasukekun
    Forumember

Post by sasukekun Sat 17 Aug 2013 - 2:34

Vote yes,
    Since FM toolbar dont use topic title (notif) .

Good idea Smile
    Derri
    Derri
    Helper
    Helper

Post by Derri Sat 17 Aug 2013 - 4:31

invisible_fa wrote:

P.S. taking a look at this subform I have detected that there are other opened suggestion that is the same you are proposing.
    Well this one already has more votes and replies so I'd say we should just use this topic as that other one is likely to be buried a few pages back.

I did do a search using a similar title to this but I never got any results so I created my own. I didn't bother looking through the page, I just did a search.
    Base
    Base
    Forumaster

Male Posts : 10386
    Language : English and French

Post by Base Wed 21 Aug 2013 - 0:01

Topics merged.
    runawayhorses
    Hyperactive

Male Posts : 2537

Post by runawayhorses Mon 26 Aug 2013 - 4:21

I was confused when I started reading this topic when I noticed that "Cman" was the OP of this topic and Derri was acting like he was, and they both have age 17 in their profiles, I thought perhaps Derri and Cman were one in the same, then I read where Base "merged" the topics, something I've never been able to do btw.. lol

I voted "Yes" would be nice to see the thread title, or at least part of it, if it can't all fit in the allotted space.
    Derri
    Derri
    Helper
    Helper

Post by Derri Tue 1 Oct 2013 - 1:52

runawayhorses wrote:I was confused when I started reading this topic when I noticed that "Cman" was the OP of this topic and Derri was acting like he was, and they both have age 17 in their profiles, I thought perhaps Derri and Cman were one in the same, then I read where Base "merged" the topics, something I've never been able to do btw.. lol

I voted "Yes" would be nice to see the thread title, or at least part of it, if it can't all fit in the allotted space.
    Yeah I can see how that can be confusing but I'm all one person Very Happy

I started this suggestion then found out that someone had a similar suggestion but with a different, hard to find topic title so I asked Base to merge the threads. I think Cman is pretty inactive now so I'm going to work on keeping this suggestion alive.

mist3r0us_b0y
    mist3r0us_b0y
    Forumember

Male Posts : 747
    Language : english

Post by mist3r0us_b0y Tue 1 Oct 2013 - 8:24

voted Yes ....
    Ape
    Ape
    Administrator
    Administrator

Male Posts : 19168
    Language : fluent in dork / mumbojumbo & English haha

Post by Ape Tue 1 Oct 2013 - 18:39

I vote yes
    sounds good Wink

Toolbar Suggestion: Name of thread instead of "In a watched Topic"  Left1212Toolbar Suggestion: Name of thread instead of "In a watched Topic"  Center11Toolbar Suggestion: Name of thread instead of "In a watched Topic"  Right112
    Toolbar Suggestion: Name of thread instead of "In a watched Topic"  Ape_b110
    Toolbar Suggestion: Name of thread instead of "In a watched Topic"  Ape1010
    runawayhorses
    Hyperactive

Male Posts : 2537

Post by runawayhorses Wed 2 Oct 2013 - 1:51

Derri wrote:Yeah I can see how that can be confusing but I'm all one person Very Happy
    Well I didn't mean to sound like I thought you were using 2 IDs but for a brief moment it crossed my mind until I kept reading and noticed Base merged the topics..lol

Derri wrote:I think Cman is pretty inactive now so I'm going to work on keeping this suggestion alive.
    Well unless you have inside info about their whereabouts you never really know, some people take a hiatus for whatever reasons they might have and come back at a later date, but no big deal, if that member happens to return they probably will have forgotten about this topic anyway, even so the merging was a good move.

Glad you're keeping the topic going, and I hope the suggestion gets implemented it would be nice to know what topic your clicking before you go.. Smile
    Derri
    Derri
    Helper
    Helper

Post by Derri Fri 16 May 2014 - 20:49

Bump Very Happy
    Beyonder
    Beyonder
    Forumember

Male Posts : 723

Post by Beyonder Fri 16 May 2014 - 22:04

Nice idea bro!
    J0k3R^
    J0k3R^
    Forumember

Male Posts : 742
    Language : Greek > English > Russian > Spanish

Post by J0k3R^ Fri 16 May 2014 - 22:26

Its useful +1 from me Smile
    Rhino.Freak
    Rhino.Freak
    Helper
    Helper

Male Posts : 1248

Post by Rhino.Freak Tue 20 May 2014 - 11:04

Yeah..its needed.. not only that the notifications from same topics should be merged (like fb).. voted yeah
    Derri
    Derri
    Helper
    Helper

Post by Derri Tue 20 May 2014 - 15:07

Thanks for the votes guys Very Happy
    Beyonder
    Beyonder
    Forumember

Male Posts : 723

Post by Beyonder Tue 20 May 2014 - 22:03

Welcome
    Derri
    Derri
    Helper
    Helper

Post by Derri Fri 6 Jun 2014 - 20:21

Bump-de-Bump. Bump
    Niko
    Niko
    Helper
    Helper

Male Posts : 3110
    Language : English, Italian, French

Post by Niko Fri 6 Jun 2014 - 21:13

Voted yes thumright 

now you can do it with javascript, but it would be nice!
    Fierce Star
    Forumember

Male Posts : 110

Post by Fierce Star Sat 7 Jun 2014 - 5:32

Voted yes, it would make things a lot easier.
    Count Dooku
    Count Dooku
    Forumember

Language : English, French, some Arabic

Post by Count Dooku Sat 17 Jan 2015 - 15:31

indeed voted yes as well Wink
    SLGray
    SLGray
    Administrator
    Administrator

Male Posts : 51515

Post by SLGray Wed 9 Dec 2015 - 3:48

Bumping to move this suggestion to the first page.

Toolbar Suggestion: Name of thread instead of "In a watched Topic"  Slgray10

When your topic has been solved, ensure you mark the topic solved.
    Never post your email in public.
    Rhino.Freak
    Rhino.Freak
    Helper
    Helper

Male Posts : 1248

Post by Rhino.Freak Wed 9 Dec 2015 - 4:57

It's actually possible right? There's a tutorial already in the Tips & Tricks section.

Post by Guest Wed 9 Dec 2015 - 6:56

Voted YES, although I think this can be done with some javascript.
    Take Notes
    Take Notes
    Helper
    Helper

Male Posts : 2337

Post by Take Notes Wed 27 Jan 2016 - 7:06

Voted yes!
    Take Notes
    Take Notes
    Helper
    Helper

Male Posts : 2337

Post by Take Notes Sun 13 Mar 2016 - 3:35

Bump!