The forum of the forums
Welcome to the Official Support Forum of Forumotion!

To take full advantage of everything offered by our forum, please log in if you are already a member, or join our community if you've not yet.

Create a free forum like this one.

Look who is popular! (bandwidth notice) - Hitskin's photos are not showing. (?)

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Solved Look who is popular! (bandwidth notice) - Hitskin's photos are not showing. (?)

Post by Ibu on September 5th 2014, 7:21 am

[UPDATE: I solved this problem myself by replacing all the evaporated pics in the Hitskin. It took a day to figure it all out - - - because the pics (many) were unavailable to view to get sizes, colors, etc. WORD OF WARNING TO OTHERS: USE HITSKINS AT YOUR OWN RISK. The creator's image account is outside control of any but the creator.]

I just uploaded a new skin from Hitskin - spent a day getting it right in adjustments and now its images are not appearing but instead Photobucket is saying I need more bandwidth. I don't use Photobucket and the images that are not appearing are basic components of the skin.

Did I go too far out on a limb and waste a day of my life Sad in trusting and using a Hitskin? If so - good thing I've not launched my site yet. Is the answer to jettison the idea of using a Hitskin - because Hitskin images are --- not reliable?

IbusList <---- site.

Thanks in advance!
- Ibu

Last edited by Ibu on September 5th 2014, 1:40 pm; edited 3 times in total (Reason for editing : Solved the problem myself.)

Ibu

Language : English

Back to top Go down

Solved Re: Look who is popular! (bandwidth notice) - Hitskin's photos are not showing. (?)

Post by SLGray on September 5th 2014, 11:47 am

That is an issue with Photobucket, not Forumotion. It means that the account for the images on your forum has reached the bandwith limit for that account.

When your topic has been solved, ensure you mark the topic solved.
Never post your email in public.

SLGray
Administrator
Administrator

Male Posts : 36641

http://ztwds.forumotion.com/

Back to top Go down

Solved Re: Look who is popular! (bandwidth notice) - Hitskin's photos are not showing. (?)

Post by Ange Tuteur on September 5th 2014, 12:46 pm

Hello Ibu,

Just as SLGray has mentioned above, this is a problem with Photobucket. PB accounts have a certain number of free bandbidth, if that member exceeds their limit, hotlinking is disabled for their images until their bandwidth is reset for next month.

The most you can do is find and either remove/replace the images with another host.
Display > Pics management > Advanced

Ange Tuteur
Forumaster

Male Posts : 13028
Language : EN10, FR5

http://fmdesign.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Ibu on September 5th 2014, 1:42 pm

UPDATE: I solved this problem myself by replacing all the evaporated pics in the Hitskin. It took a day to figure it all out - - - because the pics (many) were unavailable to view to get sizes, colors, etc. WORD OF WARNING TO OTHERS: USE HITSKINS AT YOUR OWN RISK. It seems the creator's image account (a component part of Hitskin themes available) is outside control of anyone but the creator.

Thanks
- Ibu

Ibu

Back to top Go down

Post by Ange Tuteur on September 5th 2014, 1:46 pm

Glad you fixed it Very Happy

Topic archived

To Hitskin theme designers : It is better to host any images on Servimg or a site which does not have bandwidth limitations.

Ange Tuteur
Forumaster

Male Posts : 13028
Language : EN10, FR5

http://fmdesign.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum