Add points from the profile of the user Hitskin_logo Hitskin.com

This is a Hitskin.com skin preview
Install the skinReturn to the skin page

The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
+29
Elementar
Take Notes
Ellianna17
Ape
Global Federation
darki
Daemon
developer.ryan
Mzane2u
Malum
Swedegfx
Worst Nightmare
FineryWorkshop
Agent Ward
PA
Kr0pr0X
Nemo
_Twisted_Mods_
Ikerepc
freyasmom
Count Dooku
brandon_g
Beyonder
Eugeo Igvalt
Selvester
DaBigestBob
Mati
Van-Helsing
TheCrow
33 posters

Add points from the profile of the user

Poll

Add points from the profile of the user

[ 47 ]
    Add points from the profile of the user Bar_left96%Add points from the profile of the user Bar_right [96%] 
    [ 2 ]
    Add points from the profile of the user Bar_left4%Add points from the profile of the user Bar_right [4%] 

Total Votes: 49
    TheCrow
    TheCrow
    Manager
    Manager

Male Posts : 6921
    Language : Greek, English

Add points from the profile of the user Empty Add points from the profile of the user

Post by TheCrow Mon 1 Dec 2014 - 12:30

Hello,

My suggestion is simple. I am suggesting Moderators and Administrators to be able to change the points from the profile as you can change gender, comments etc. I believe this would come handy for those who don't want everyone to have access to the Admin Panel. That way Moderators who can't access Admin Panel can change the points field and add or subtract points from the profile of the users.

Please do not hesitate to tell me your opinion on this even if it is negative or positive!

Edit: In other words i am asking a way to make the points field editable like gender or comments and still change by itself. Something like this:
    Add points from the profile of the user 6832fd940d619f0949e1e264cad30b00

Thanks,
    Luffy.

Last edited by Luffy on Fri 6 Feb 2015 - 5:16; edited 3 times in total

Add points from the profile of the user Thecro10
    Forum of the Forums

Forumotion Rules | Tips & Tricks |
    FAQ | Did you forget your password?

*** The Support Forum will never ask you for your email or password, so please do not post them anywhere! ***
    No support via PM!
    TheCrow
    TheCrow
    Manager
    Manager

Add points from the profile of the user Empty Re: Add points from the profile of the user

Post by TheCrow Wed 3 Dec 2014 - 12:48

Bump

Forum of the Forums

*** The Support Forum will never ask you for your email or password, so please do not post them anywhere! ***
    No support via PM!
    Van-Helsing
    Van-Helsing
    Hyperactive

Male Posts : 2431
    Language : English, Greek

Add points from the profile of the user Empty Re: Add points from the profile of the user

Post by Van-Helsing Sat 6 Dec 2014 - 22:54

Vote yes.
    Mati
    Mati
    Hyperactive

Language : HTML, CSS & JavaScript

Post by Mati Sat 6 Dec 2014 - 23:05

Yes, that would be the easiest way. Very Happy
    TheCrow
    TheCrow
    Manager
    Manager

Post by TheCrow Sun 7 Dec 2014 - 16:35

Black-Shadow wrote:Vote yes.
    Thank you for your vote!

Mati™️ wrote:Yes, that would be the easiest way. Very Happy
    Thanks Mati! Indeed this will be an easy way to add points! Thanks for your vote!
    TheCrow
    TheCrow
    Manager
    Manager

Post by TheCrow Tue 9 Dec 2014 - 20:08

Bumping!

Forum of the Forums

No support via PM!
    DaBigestBob
    DaBigestBob
    Forumember

Male Posts : 28
    Language : English, Spanish

Post by DaBigestBob Fri 12 Dec 2014 - 15:35

This is would very useful
    Selvester
    Selvester
    Forumember

Female Posts : 255
    Language : English, French (little bit)

Post by Selvester Fri 19 Dec 2014 - 19:38

Yes. I can support this. (:
    I think it would certainly save some hassle.
    TheCrow
    TheCrow
    Manager
    Manager

Post by TheCrow Tue 23 Dec 2014 - 14:13

Thanks for supporting guys! Let's hope more votes come in to make this happen!! santa

Forum of the Forums

No support via PM!
    TheCrow
    TheCrow
    Manager
    Manager

Post by TheCrow Fri 26 Dec 2014 - 1:44

Bumping this once more! Need more votes guys if we want this to get active to our forums!
    Merry Christmas to all! santa rendeer bigsmurf

Forum of the Forums

No support via PM!
    Eugeo Igvalt
    Eugeo Igvalt
    Forumember

Male Posts : 289
    Language : EN, SPA

Post by Eugeo Igvalt Fri 26 Dec 2014 - 4:30

Fully supporting this 100%
    TheCrow
    TheCrow
    Manager
    Manager

Post by TheCrow Fri 26 Dec 2014 - 13:04

Eugeo Ayano wrote:Fully supporting this 100%
    Thanks for voting!
    Merry Christmas!
    Beyonder
    Beyonder
    Forumember

Male Posts : 723
    Language : English

Post by Beyonder Sat 27 Dec 2014 - 10:13

Yes
    TheCrow
    TheCrow
    Manager
    Manager

Post by TheCrow Sat 27 Dec 2014 - 17:07

Thanks for voting @Hagoromo Otsutsuki!
    Need more votes guys!

Forum of the Forums

No support via PM!
    TheCrow
    TheCrow
    Manager
    Manager

Post by TheCrow Mon 29 Dec 2014 - 0:08

Bumping for more votes! Wink

Forum of the Forums

No support via PM!
    brandon_g
    brandon_g
    Manager
    Manager

Male Posts : 10112

Post by brandon_g Mon 29 Dec 2014 - 18:59

Voted yes, but Luffy why would MODERATOR have access to the admin panel? That would make them ADMINISTRATORS and not Moderaters.

Anyway a useful feature i suppose

Add points from the profile of the user Brando10
    Remember to mark your topic Add points from the profile of the user Solved15 when a solution is found.
    General Rules | Tips & Tricks | FAQ | Forgot Founder Password?

Add points from the profile of the user Scre1476
    Team Leader
    Review Section Rules | Request A Review | Sticker Points
    TheCrow
    TheCrow
    Manager
    Manager

Post by TheCrow Mon 29 Dec 2014 - 21:09

brandon_g wrote:Voted yes, but Luffy why would MODERATOR have access to the admin panel? That would make them ADMINISTRATORS and not Moderaters.

Anyway a useful feature i suppose
    That is why i am suggesting this! So Moderators wont need access to Admin Panel to change the points field.
    Thanks for your vote!
    Count Dooku
    Count Dooku
    Forumember

Language : English, French, some Arabic

Post by Count Dooku Mon 29 Dec 2014 - 21:39

Luffy wrote:Hello,

My suggestion is simple. I am suggesting Moderators and Administrators to be able to change the points from the profile as you can change gender, comments etc. I believe this would come handy for those who don't want everyone to have access to the Admin Panel. That way Moderators who can't access Admin Panel can change the points field and add or subtract points from the profile of the users.

Please do not hesitate to tell me your opinion on this even if it is negative or positive!

Thanks,
    MrMind.

Great idea!! not only you got my vote from the poll, but also a litle green bar under your message.
    I am tired of the old system to to to the ACP to put points like that, it is tedious and only a few people who know how to parameter the ACP can do this.

With your idea, it is indeed much simpler Wink

Great idea, i REALLY WISH you luck ! Very Happy
    Happy new year 2015! santa
    TheCrow
    TheCrow
    Manager
    Manager

Post by TheCrow Tue 30 Dec 2014 - 0:48

Thanks for the support to my suggestion @Count Dooku! I hope this becomes active one day!
    If we collect a lot of votes maybe we will do this! Smile

Forum of the Forums

No support via PM!
    Count Dooku
    Count Dooku
    Forumember

Post by Count Dooku Tue 30 Dec 2014 - 14:57

no problem, dear, you deserve it! Wink
    TheCrow
    TheCrow
    Manager
    Manager

Post by TheCrow Tue 30 Dec 2014 - 22:50

Thank you all for you support to this topic! We need this to be added to our forums? We need more votes to do that! Vote here!!!! Wink

Luffy
    Count Dooku
    Count Dooku
    Forumember

Post by Count Dooku Wed 31 Dec 2014 - 11:20

Hi, small suggestion coming from the french help forum who hate upping on votes, i suggest you to be patient. Your idea is great, so surely people with brains will vote yes with out question, and as if i recall well unlike french support forum no limits are imposed on polls so we have all the time in the world to vote, right? (or almost) Laughing

At least in my view... But I am not accustomed with all the rules from the English support forum, event though I hope your idea pulls through so don't misunderstand me.

Note: I did up my own poll, regarding pm's, but i feel it is better to be more patient, that is alter all a question of opinion, as both arguments (french and English forums show different support rules but eventually are one and the same institution)
    TheCrow
    TheCrow
    Manager
    Manager

Post by TheCrow Sat 3 Jan 2015 - 15:22

Bumping your post is not only for people to see the post but for the moderators not locking your post. If you don't reply or bump your post after a certain amount of days/time the topic is locked. That's mainly why i bump! Wink

Forum of the Forums

No support via PM!
    Count Dooku
    Count Dooku
    Forumember

Post by Count Dooku Sat 3 Jan 2015 - 15:54

I see your point, so rules apply as in the help area (in french forum help, all topics without is locked and archived)

I am surprised that the same applies here too, but I see many polls still open inspite of long time...
    TheCrow
    TheCrow
    Manager
    Manager

Post by TheCrow Sun 4 Jan 2015 - 15:08

Yeah well they don't do it everyday you see. They do it when the don't have something else to do. Anyways let's try not to spam here!

Need more votes people!

Forum of the Forums

No support via PM!
    freyasmom
    Forumember

Female Posts : 29

Post by freyasmom Sun 4 Jan 2015 - 15:21

I vote yes! Hello
    Count Dooku
    Count Dooku
    Forumember

Post by Count Dooku Sun 4 Jan 2015 - 15:45

Luffy wrote:Yeah well they don't do it everyday you see. They do it when the don't have something else to do. Anyways let's try not to spam here!

Need more votes people!

if we can "bump" and discuss whilst providing argumentation to our points (without influencing voting), I think there should be no problem.

Not because I appreciate you (which I do), but I really think such an option would be a life saver, and the more I think of it, the more convinced I am that this will be useful. However I wonder if this is open to site admins, mods, or any regular member?

Ex, if member, i think, i remenver correctly free phpBB sites some 11 years ago (ca. in 2004) provided places to give forum cash from one member to another... Possibly only site mods had this option, can't remember if members could just click, give cash to "x" and put amount, and validate, and voila, i give you my cash...

Because if members can access it, it will be nice for people to give "forum cash" to others just by putting the desired amount , as, for ex; i want to give all my cash pts to Luffy, to go to his profile, fill the amount and validate.
    TheCrow
    TheCrow
    Manager
    Manager

Post by TheCrow Tue 6 Jan 2015 - 0:20

Bump

Forum of the Forums

No support via PM!
    TheCrow
    TheCrow
    Manager
    Manager

Post by TheCrow Fri 9 Jan 2015 - 12:18

Bumping again! Waiting for more votes people! Wink

Forum of the Forums

No support via PM!
    Count Dooku
    Count Dooku
    Forumember

Post by Count Dooku Fri 9 Jan 2015 - 16:38

As said, I'd like to remind the interest of the option suggested by Luffy. This is open to site admins, moderators or other staff members (with moderating capacuty) to directly give, or maybe remove, points.

I found this idea great, because it doesn't exist in FM forums yet, and if for example I want to give all my cash points to Luffy, I just need to go to his profile, fill the amount and validate.

Sorry, if I am not supposed to assist, I find this poll very useful and deserves some attention! Wink
    Hoping it gets accepted! Smile