Remove ads for 1 specific group! - Page 2 Hitskin_logo Hitskin.com

This is a Hitskin.com skin preview
Install the skinReturn to the skin page

The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
+12
davidl
FrOsTyXi
JScript
Nemo
Gopi
ViciousPassion
Derri
Ikerepc
TheCrow
SLGray
_Twisted_Mods_
brandon_g
16 posters

Remove ads for 1 specific group!

Poll

Do you agree or disagree ?

[ 20 ]
    Remove ads for 1 specific group! - Page 2 Bar_left77%Remove ads for 1 specific group! - Page 2 Bar_right [77%] 
    [ 6 ]
    Remove ads for 1 specific group! - Page 2 Bar_left23%Remove ads for 1 specific group! - Page 2 Bar_right [23%] 

Total Votes: 26
    brandon_g
    brandon_g
    Manager
    Manager

Male Posts : 10112
    Language : English

Remove ads for 1 specific group! - Page 2 Empty Remove ads for 1 specific group!

Post by brandon_g January 10th 2015, 8:02 pm

First topic message reminder :

Hello everyone,

What I am suggesting is that forumotion can give us admins the option to allow 1 usergroup to not see ads without removing them altogether. I suggest that Admins can buy with their credits the option to not ONLY remove all the ads on the forum with credits, but disable it for at least 1 usergroup. The reason I suggest this is, I can see if a forum wants to implement something like a VIP Usergroup, members can get into this usergroup by buying that particular forum credits in exchange for a set of perks like VIP Status etc. I think it is a good idea because most sites that offer VIP, also allow those users Ad free viewing, if their going to pay money (or pay to give us credits) I think they should at least be able to view the site ad free. As of right now this is impossible on FM. I think it would be a decent feature to add.

I know what you are all thinking: well what is the point of this suggestion when FM allows users to remove ads for the entire site for everyone through credits? The point of this suggestion is yes while removing ads for the entire site will work, this being able to remove ads for 1 group only allows forums with premium and/or VIP membership programs  to add ad free site usage as a benefit/perk for Premium/VIP Members only. The implemention of this suggestion would benefit that forum and forumotion, a person who donates credits to a forum (which maybe can be used to purchase the removal of the ads for the 1 group) and forumotion in turn makes money too. Now I can also hear the other negative people will say:  well this is a terrible idea because then one could just remove the ads for the members group and add everyone to it. The answer I give to this is not if forumotion only allows you to remove it for a Premium/VIP Membership group only. There are ways to add restrictions to what group(s) will be allowed to have the ads removed or maybe a limit to how many users can be in the group or maybe the group won't become available until you spend the credits on it, then you could only a certain number of users to the group before you need to spend more credits to expand the capacity, or something else. there are many creative and effective ways this can work.

So while this suggestion may not be entirelly nessecary, it will help many forums with premium or VIP Memberships as well as forumotion. I would like to ask you all to think through the points and ideas I have made before voting.
    -Brandon

Last edited by brandon_g on December 29th 2015, 9:49 pm; edited 3 times in total
    brandon_g
    brandon_g
    Manager
    Manager

Remove ads for 1 specific group! - Page 2 Empty Re: Remove ads for 1 specific group!

Post by brandon_g March 8th 2015, 4:30 am

ViciousPassion wrote:I missed the voting but I would vote YES.

People never donate money unless it's for a cause such as save puppieus and kitties.

Admins already pay for domain names. I wouldn't pay any credits to remove ads for everyone. Those members who don't wish to view ads they should pay themselves lol

Missed the voting? It should be a never ending poll.

Thank you for your yes vote. Smile

Let's keeping them coming.
    _Twisted_Mods_
    _Twisted_Mods_
    Helper
    Helper

Male Posts : 2108

Remove ads for 1 specific group! - Page 2 Empty Re: Remove ads for 1 specific group!

Post by _Twisted_Mods_ March 8th 2015, 10:48 am

i think the best way of doing this is pay to remove the ad's from your forum then add your own ad's to the site so you make money from clicks and you can make money for people wanting the vip to remove them
    brandon_g
    brandon_g
    Manager
    Manager

Post by brandon_g March 8th 2015, 12:09 pm

That's already the way,is it really too hard for forumotion to go the extra mile? I mean doesn't forumotion want to make money? Each person paying to remove their own ads will make more money then a 1 time payment.

Remove ads for 1 specific group! - Page 2 Brando10
    Remember to mark your topic Remove ads for 1 specific group! - Page 2 Solved15 when a solution is found.
    General Rules | Tips & Tricks | FAQ | Forgot Founder Password?

Remove ads for 1 specific group! - Page 2 Scre1476
    Team Leader
    Review Section Rules | Request A Review | Sticker Points
    Gopi
    Gopi
    Forumember

Male Posts : 28
    Language : english

Post by Gopi March 9th 2015, 7:03 am

i think if some one buy domain remove ads from his forum guest or member cuz this is basic feature of domain my vote yes
    brandon_g
    brandon_g
    Manager
    Manager

Post by brandon_g March 9th 2015, 11:46 am

Gopi wrote:i think if some one buy domain remove ads from his forum guest or member cuz this is basic feature of domain my vote yes
    Thanks for your vote Very Happy. Let's keep them coming. Smile
    brandon_g
    brandon_g
    Manager
    Manager

Post by brandon_g March 11th 2015, 8:34 pm

Bump for more votes Smile.

Remember to mark your topic Remove ads for 1 specific group! - Page 2 Solved15 when a solution is found.

Team Leader
    brandon_g
    brandon_g
    Manager
    Manager

Post by brandon_g March 15th 2015, 3:13 pm

Bumping for more votes!

Team Leader
    Nemo
    Nemo
    Active Poster

Male Posts : 1203
    Language : Greek, English, French

Post by Nemo March 15th 2015, 9:49 pm

It would be nice if this feature could be implemented. It would be ideal for the members who make donations to our communities.
    brandon_g
    brandon_g
    Manager
    Manager

Post by brandon_g March 15th 2015, 10:46 pm

TheProfessional wrote:It would be nice if this feature could be implemented. It would be ideal for the members who make donations to our communities.

Thanks for your vote! Let us keep them coming.

p.s is the poll still open and running? It should be never ending, yet I have not seen the numbers rise at all.

If it is not may a staff member please fix the poll please and re open it?
    brandon_g
    brandon_g
    Manager
    Manager

Post by brandon_g March 25th 2015, 1:07 am

brandon_g wrote:

p.s is the poll still open and running? It should be never ending, yet I have not seen the numbers rise at all.

If it is not may a staff member please fix the poll please and re open it?

BUMP for more votes.

Also can a staff please look into whether my poll has ended and if it has, please fix it?

brandon_g
    brandon_g
    Manager
    Manager

Post by brandon_g March 31st 2015, 3:18 am

brandon_g wrote:

BUMP for more votes.

Also can a staff please look into whether my poll has ended and if it has, please fix it?

brandon_g
    brandon_g
    Manager
    Manager

Post by brandon_g April 16th 2015, 12:44 pm

brandon_g wrote:
    BUMP for more votes.

JScript
    JScript
    Forumember

Male Posts : 741
    Language : PT-BR, EN

Post by JScript April 16th 2015, 1:13 pm

I will give my opinion about it:
    The platform is "free", but we all know that "free" not even the rain falls from the sky, right?
    Of course there is much more forums that do not pay anything at all than others pay some credit to Forumotion, so I think the correct thing to keep the "ads" for all groups and should only be removed if paid some credit to Forumotion !

The "ads" are a way to raise some money since most forums do not pay anything!!!

I'm in favor of that to be added "ads" to bottom of the first post of a topic.

The rule is:
    The more Forumotion raise money = better platform will be!

JS
    FrOsTyXi
    FrOsTyXi
    Forumember

Male Posts : 460
    Language : english

Post by FrOsTyXi April 16th 2015, 2:08 pm

JScript wrote:I will give my opinion about it:
    The platform is "free", but we all know that "free" not even the rain falls from the sky, right?
    Of course there is much more forums that do not pay anything at all than others pay some credit to Forumotion, so I think the correct thing to keep the "ads" for all groups and should only be removed if paid some credit to Forumotion !

The "ads" are a way to raise some money since most forums do not pay anything!!!

The rule is:

JS
    Very True @JScript! In a year I have seen many new changes and would like to keep seeing them also i pay fully for my forum and have no issue with that at all, hope paypal comes back soon need more credits! LOL

Regards
    FrOsTyXi
    brandon_g
    brandon_g
    Manager
    Manager

Post by brandon_g April 29th 2015, 2:21 am

The rule is:

JS

FrOsTyXi wrote:

The rule is:

JS
    Very True @JScript! In a year I have seen many new changes and would like to keep seeing them also i pay fully for my forum and have no issue with that at all, hope paypal comes back soon need more credits! LOL

Regards
    FrOsTyXi
    Wow, I can't believe I missed these posts! Sorry guys!

@JScript of course I 100% agree with you about the credits thing, I was not suggesting a forum that pays nada should have this option. I was simply suggesting that if members donate credits (I apologize my forum is an older one... It still has the 'contribution' link for users to directly donate the credits) and that with the credits they generously donated, we can spend it on purchasing the removal of the ads for the only 1 group. Smile

I hope I have clarified a little better? Sorry I am natural born writer, so I write in huge paragraphs that are boring to read bwi

-Brandon
    davidl
    davidl
    Forumember

Post by davidl April 29th 2015, 12:02 pm

This idea might be good for those forum owners that are out to make money off the forum, but for those like myself who are happy to supply the forum for free to members it isn't an option I would want.......Although I am not a lover of the Google Adverts, its a simple solution to remove them if needed, simply buy credits and they are gone, there is no point making the running of our Forums any more complicated than need be.......Leave things as they are.  JMO
    brandon_g
    brandon_g
    Manager
    Manager

Post by brandon_g April 29th 2015, 12:52 pm

davidl wrote:This idea might be good for those forum owners that are out to make money off the forum, but for those like myself who are tappy to supplyte4 the forum for free to members it isn't an option I would want.......Although I am not a lover of the Google Adverts, its a simple solution to remove them if needed, simply buy credits and they are gone, there is no point making the running of our Forums any more complicated than need be.......Leave things as they are.  JMO

Hello david,

I understand where your coming from with the simplicity of getting rid of them, I am not suggesting getting rid of this, I am simply suggesting an additional option for such, as I said in the topic starter, this is not nessecary, but it would allow those forums with vip/premium member packs more tools to make FORUMOTION money.

Please don't think I am trying to make money and charge members for the use of the site, it is completely.and entirelly optional to donate credits. Also I make no money off of anything, FORUMOTION does.

Thanks for your reply david:)

-Brandon
    brandon_g
    brandon_g
    Manager
    Manager

Post by brandon_g May 25th 2015, 5:29 pm

Bump for more votes.

@Derri is the poll still open on this topic? If it is not may you re open it for me. Thanks Smile.

Team Leader
    brandon_g
    brandon_g
    Manager
    Manager

Post by brandon_g May 27th 2015, 9:57 pm

brandon_g wrote:Bump for more votes.

@Derri is the poll still open on this topic? If it is not may you re open it for me. Thanks Smile.
    brandon_g
    brandon_g
    Manager
    Manager

Post by brandon_g May 27th 2015, 9:57 pm

brandon_g wrote:Bump for more votes.

brandon_g
    brandon_g
    Manager
    Manager

Post by brandon_g June 16th 2015, 1:16 pm

Bumping for more votes!

Team Leader
    brandon_g
    brandon_g
    Manager
    Manager

Post by brandon_g June 30th 2015, 1:55 pm

Bump for more votes.

Team Leader
    brandon_g
    brandon_g
    Manager
    Manager

Post by brandon_g July 6th 2015, 4:35 pm

Bump!

Team Leader
    brandon_g
    brandon_g
    Manager
    Manager

Post by brandon_g July 31st 2015, 3:10 pm

Bump!

Team Leader
    brandon_g
    brandon_g
    Manager
    Manager

Post by brandon_g August 10th 2015, 4:33 pm

Bump for more votes.

Team Leader
    brandon_g
    brandon_g
    Manager
    Manager

Post by brandon_g August 21st 2015, 4:01 pm

Bumping for more votes!

Team Leader
    brandon_g
    brandon_g
    Manager
    Manager

Post by brandon_g September 19th 2015, 10:07 pm

Bump for more votes.

Team Leader
    brandon_g
    brandon_g
    Manager
    Manager

Post by brandon_g October 5th 2015, 1:09 pm

Bumping for more votes!

Team Leader
    brandon_g
    brandon_g
    Manager
    Manager

Post by brandon_g October 22nd 2015, 1:49 pm

Bumping for more votes!

Team Leader
    Ellianna17
    Ellianna17
    Forumember

Female Posts : 539
    Language : English, Filipino, and Basic Spanish

Post by Ellianna17 October 26th 2015, 9:10 am

This idea is very nice. I voted yes! This would bloom to a great improvement if implemented!