Latest Post widget as well as the Latest Topic widget Hitskin_logo Hitskin.com

This is a Hitskin.com skin preview
Install the skinReturn to the skin page

The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
5 posters

Latest Post widget as well as the Latest Topic widget

Poll

Do you agree or disagree ?

[ 15 ]
    Latest Post widget as well as the Latest Topic widget Bar_left88%Latest Post widget as well as the Latest Topic widget Bar_right [88%] 
    [ 2 ]
    Latest Post widget as well as the Latest Topic widget Bar_left12%Latest Post widget as well as the Latest Topic widget Bar_right [12%] 

Total Votes: 17
    Keltic
    Keltic
    Forumember

Male Posts : 58
    Language : English

Latest Post widget as well as the Latest Topic widget Empty Latest Post widget as well as the Latest Topic widget

Post by Keltic November 24th 2015, 12:41 pm

My members would like to see an option to see latest posts as well as latest topic, ideally an option to view latest posts in like a timeline view on the mobile version would be nice but even if only added to forum would be a great addition.
    SLGray
    SLGray
    Administrator
    Administrator

Male Posts : 51515
    Language : English

Latest Post widget as well as the Latest Topic widget Empty Re: Latest Post widget as well as the Latest Topic widget

Post by SLGray August 18th 2017, 8:16 pm

Bumping to move this suggestion to the first page.

Latest Post widget as well as the Latest Topic widget Slgray10

When your topic has been solved, ensure you mark the topic solved.
    Never post your email in public.
    JaneDoe
    JaneDoe
    Forumember

Language : english

Latest Post widget as well as the Latest Topic widget Empty Re: Latest Post widget as well as the Latest Topic widget

Post by JaneDoe May 2nd 2020, 7:29 pm

I think it is a great idea. Bump Very Happy
    Jassu L.
    Jassu L.

Female Posts : 23
    Language : Finnish

Post by Jassu L. January 19th 2021, 6:56 pm

Voted a big yes. I would love to get this feature for the whole forum!

The "today's active topics" currently helps a bit, but when the date changes the list is reset and that is really annoying. Also I think it would be useful to be able to scroll the newest _posts_ of the forum chronologically, and not just the topics the posts are in.
    TonnyKamper
    TonnyKamper
    Active Poster

Female Posts : 1050
    Language : Dutch/English

Post by TonnyKamper January 19th 2021, 9:52 pm

I believe that widget is already in your widget library since recently..
    Jassu L.
    Jassu L.

Post by Jassu L. March 24th 2021, 2:36 pm

TonnyKamper wrote:I believe that widget is already in your widget library since recently..

Can someone confirm if this is true? I haven't found it at my PHPBB3 widget selection.
    And to particularise, I am speaking about latest POSTS widget, not latest topics widget which already exists and I am aware of that but it doesn't meet my needs.
    TonnyKamper
    TonnyKamper
    Active Poster

Post by TonnyKamper March 24th 2021, 3:10 pm

Look at the standard widgets, New Topics is recently added:

Latest Post widget as well as the Latest Topic widget Widget10
    Jassu L.
    Jassu L.

Post by Jassu L. March 24th 2021, 3:26 pm

TonnyKamper wrote:Look at the standard widgets, New Topics is recently added:

Latest Post widget as well as the Latest Topic widget Widget10

Ma'am, I believe a post is a reply or a message inside a topic. The new topic widget does not show posts, but topics with the newest creation dates. Unfortunately that does not serve the purpose we are looking for with this suggestion at all.

What I am looking for and what this suggestion is about is a new post widget, showing _posts_ in particular, in other words, messages inside their respective topics.
    TonnyKamper
    TonnyKamper
    Active Poster

Post by TonnyKamper March 25th 2021, 6:53 pm

Ah okay, then I misunderstood what you wanted.