ability for members to post anonymously Hitskin_logo Hitskin.com

This is a Hitskin.com skin preview
Install the skinReturn to the skin page

The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
+10
Dana
TanMan77777777
MillM
Tilum
Beno
Caihlem
dp
~*mumof2angels*~
buffybaskey
kylesmummy06
14 posters

ability for members to post anonymously

Poll

should members have the ability to post anonymously

[ 15 ]
    ability for members to post anonymously Bar_left48%ability for members to post anonymously Bar_right [48%] 
    [ 15 ]
    ability for members to post anonymously Bar_left48%ability for members to post anonymously Bar_right [48%] 
    [ 1 ]
    ability for members to post anonymously Bar_left3%ability for members to post anonymously Bar_right [3%] 

Total Votes: 31
    Poll closed
    kylesmummy06
    kylesmummy06
    Forumember

Female Posts : 782
    Language : english

ability for members to post anonymously Empty ability for members to post anonymously

Post by kylesmummy06 April 4th 2008, 12:06 pm

On my site a lot of members ask for help and advice and some have said they feel like they can ask if it better if they could post anonymously ie go into profile and click post anonymously to post and ask for help and advice without people knowing it is them.

I'm not sure if anyone has mentioned this but i think its a great idea
    buffybaskey
    buffybaskey
    Forumember

Female Posts : 39

ability for members to post anonymously Empty Re: ability for members to post anonymously

Post by buffybaskey April 4th 2008, 3:20 pm

i think its great idea,as long as admin can still see who it is i think alot of people would ask more things they really want the answers too with out everyone knowing its them.
    kylesmummy06
    kylesmummy06
    Forumember

ability for members to post anonymously Empty Re: ability for members to post anonymously

Post by kylesmummy06 April 15th 2008, 12:29 pm

Anyone else?
    ~*mumof2angels*~
    Forumember

Language : English

Post by ~*mumof2angels*~ April 16th 2008, 5:13 am

Yes I think this is a fantastic idea, I really hope they give this the go ahead
    dp
    dp
    Forumember

Male Posts : 169
    Language : English, French,Spanish, German and Russian

Post by dp April 16th 2008, 10:21 am

I think this is a great idea, I think the admin should see the user though. Very Happy
    kylesmummy06
    kylesmummy06
    Forumember

Post by kylesmummy06 April 16th 2008, 11:58 am

yes admin can see who is the poster but no one else
    dp
    dp
    Forumember

Male Posts : 169
    Language : English, French,Spanish, German and Russian

Post by dp April 16th 2008, 12:19 pm

The admin should also be able to make it possible on only the forums the admin chose
    Caihlem
    Caihlem
    Energetic

Male Posts : 8969
    Language : English, French & Female

Post by Caihlem April 16th 2008, 3:57 pm

I think it's a lame idea ability for members to post anonymously Whistle
    If you can't dare voice your opinion and stand up to it, then it's not really an opinion

Also, I can already see alot of stupidities going on because members can "attack" each other anonymously >.>
    Beno
    Beno
    Hyperactive

Male Posts : 3024

Post by Beno April 16th 2008, 4:04 pm

i agree with caihlem
    Tilum
    Tilum
    Active Poster

Male Posts : 1759

Post by Tilum April 16th 2008, 6:30 pm

Caihlem had a point but it would be nice for admin to be able to see who posted to give a ban to who attacked anyone.

50 50 so won't vote.
    MillM
    Forumember

Post by MillM April 16th 2008, 9:10 pm

Caihlem wrote:I think it's a lame idea ability for members to post anonymously Whistle
    If you can't dare voice your opinion and stand up to it, then it's not really an opinion

Also, I can already see alot of stupidities going on because members can "attack" each other anonymously >.>

Exactly.And that would lead to alot more bans.Voted:No
    kylesmummy06
    kylesmummy06
    Forumember

Post by kylesmummy06 April 17th 2008, 6:03 pm

Caihlem wrote:I think it's a lame idea ability for members to post anonymously Whistle

I dont mean for opinions i mean some members on my site have came to me requestuing if they can post annon as they have a problem and dont want anyone to know its them etc and would like help or support
    TanMan77777777
    TanMan77777777
    Forumember

Language : English, HTML, CSS

Post by TanMan77777777 April 20th 2008, 12:36 am

They could just post as a guest and say they are a registered member trying to keep their name hidden... That's really all you have to do. Very Happy Hope this helped!

I say no.
    kylesmummy06
    kylesmummy06
    Forumember

Post by kylesmummy06 April 20th 2008, 1:13 pm

Wouldnt be possible for them to post as a guests as guests cant see anything on my forum except rules and announcements and also cant post on it due to spammers
    ~*mumof2angels*~
    Forumember

Post by ~*mumof2angels*~ April 20th 2008, 3:16 pm

kylesmummy06 wrote:Wouldnt be possible for them to post as a guests as guests cant see anything on my forum except rules and announcements and also cant post on it due to spammers

You can have it set in your permissions for guests to be able to start new thread and reply to current ones
    kylesmummy06
    kylesmummy06
    Forumember

Post by kylesmummy06 April 20th 2008, 3:29 pm

yes i know that but then when i have that people come on spamming about other sites
    Dana
    Forumember

Female Posts : 206

Post by Dana April 25th 2008, 4:18 am

i happen to agree with Caihlem. I know on my forum that my member's want to see who is posting. Plus isn't there that option already in the admin. panel? I for one want to see who my member's are. so No for me.
    kylesmummy06
    kylesmummy06
    Forumember

Post by kylesmummy06 April 28th 2008, 12:58 pm

Need more votes please iv seen this on other sites and a lot of members like it
    kylesmummy06
    kylesmummy06
    Forumember

Post by kylesmummy06 May 2nd 2008, 5:59 pm

Need more votes.
    I have made it so guests can post which has caused problems as they keep spaming that forum. Also it can take like 3-6 attemps for it to work to

Post by Guest May 2nd 2008, 6:21 pm

buffybaskey wrote:i think its great idea,as long as admin can still see who it is i think alot of people would ask more things they really want the answers too with out everyone knowing its them.

Agreed
    kylesmummy06
    kylesmummy06
    Forumember

Post by kylesmummy06 May 8th 2008, 5:41 pm

bump
    mamabear
    mamabear
    Forumember

Female Posts : 528

Post by mamabear May 20th 2008, 7:28 pm

I have voted no. But have a suggestion.
    I think it would be a big can of worms, people could use it to bully others, unless admin is online 24/7 to keep check of what is posted.
    There is nothing to stop anyone PMing a question to admin and then admin posting it.
    You could even create a user name do do it under " anon " for instance.
    Nessa
    Nessa
    Energetic

Female Posts : 6203

Post by Nessa May 20th 2008, 8:24 pm

I don't think this is a good idea really, so I vote no because I think it could cause more unnecessary problems for our forums, like Caihlem said , and in the end would it even be worth it then? ability for members to post anonymously Mouais Maybe if it was an optionial feature for admin to use within the admin panel. But even then, I would'nt mess with that kind of potential chaos on my forum. Wink
    Jalokim
    Jalokim
    Energetic

Male Posts : 6113
    Language : English,Polish,CSS,HTML

Post by Jalokim May 20th 2008, 9:06 pm

I don't think you know what a forum is:
    Registered members of a forum, who are identified by unique usernames, may have additional privileges, such as the ability to edit their previous posts, start new topics, and control their individual settings and profiles. The profiles tend to include graphical avatars and signature blocks which are appended to their future posts, sometimes consisting of elaborate shoutboxes. Members also have the ability to send personal messages to each other. In certain cases, members have been given the ability to close their own topics, edit previously posted comments, or delete posts in topics they have started.

Western-style forums place heavy emphasis on identity and user registration. This makes the tone of discussion very different from the more anonymous 2channel style boards. The burdens of status and persona encourage both highly formal discourse and close personal relationships, depending on the tone given a forum by its moderators and heaviest users. The permanence of messages on many western-style forums can encourage users to self-moderate. Precursor systems like Usenet have been archived as far back as 1981 by Google Groups (formerly DejaNews).
    source wikipedia

If you want a anonymous forum this isn't the place for it.
    Forums are about expressing your opinions under the cover of a username ... I see no sense in this suggestion

buffybaskey wrote:i think its great idea,as long as admin can still see who it is i think alot of people would ask more things they really want the answers too with out everyone knowing its them.
    and this is completely contradictory ... this breaks all privacy rulings
    this lets the administrator invade your private message
    Jophy
    Jophy
    ForumGuru

Male Posts : 17924

Post by Jophy March 27th 2013, 8:15 am

Suggestion Clean up

-> Old suggestions(Please feel to create a new thread for the garbaged old suggestions)
    -> Implemented suggestions
    -> Suggestion which are currently suggested (Please use the SEARCH function)
    -> Unclear Suggestions

Locked & Garbaged