Different Levels of access to the Admin panel - Page 5 Hitskin_logo Hitskin.com

This is a Hitskin.com skin preview
Install the skinReturn to the skin page

The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
+95
Naki
Selvester
Str0ng
Base
SLGray
-MiSHmaSH-
Captain Hunk
Derri
Jezzda
Zacbonic/Albinotiger
msedgley
DK
Paralax
zenzo
slavib
tedyblue
Geezer
HolyHandGrenade
Yuri Sophie
LSyaoran
Trent3
Kaya
Ramdaman
lBlacKl
Niko
lenwick
LGforum
Neymar1
Sir Chivas™
Jakeb
roddy15
Suarez
Stephen-
ThePrincess
carpalace
Flappypaddles
Jessica C
Adam360
micahdawson
mgt98
ZX
Dex♥
Jophy
f4rdiyan
harold67wm
Jeorge535
Real4life
Epiclow
Deathbringer
Eduardo
Sunrisee
WhitePoint
Eman and Kou
Sanket
AiKirika
notMicElf
emikati
LH Justin
Amandeep619
Trilinx
Mehtevas
Master Marc
black-light
Walshy95
Blofeld
S.H_ECO_FORUM
Darren1
Tsukiyo
Christos
mamabear
Steel Fire
ylli
Twizted
Animal Lover
tcwsl
Antonio1992
ECarminan15
Ape
Perran
Dot Com
crystal786
ankillien
johanmandal
phuoc
Doctor Inferno
LawDVHS13
Brian Fan
kylesmummy06
Jalokim
alexsteven
Tilum
hellboy999
MrMario
DarkRequiem
LGO MR TrixX
99 posters

Different Levels of access to the Admin panel

Poll

Would you like the choice to add Different Levels of access or restricted access to the Admin Panel?

[ 238 ]
    Different Levels of access to the Admin panel - Page 5 Bar_left96%Different Levels of access to the Admin panel - Page 5 Bar_right [96%] 
    [ 10 ]
    Different Levels of access to the Admin panel - Page 5 Bar_left4%Different Levels of access to the Admin panel - Page 5 Bar_right [4%] 

Total Votes: 248

Different Levels of access to the Admin panel - Page 5 Empty Different Levels of access to the Admin panel

Post by Guest Sat Aug 23 2008, 17:48

First topic message reminder :

I trust some people to do as i tell them, provided there isn't anything they can mess with and break so when i want a certain person to create a forum for me when i'm busy it can only be an admin instead of a mod,

There should be maybe two or three different settable access levels to the administrator panel

I.E
    Level One: They can see the stats and add/remove forum sections
    Level Two: They have Level One access however can update user profiles as well
    Level Three: Full access

This would mean that there would be less chance of someone kicking or banning you from your own forum,
    You can still have admins and mods who can access the admin panel but because you can set restricted access they can do less real damage

A straight YES or NO question!

Would you like the choice to add Different Levels of access or restricted access to the Admin Panel?

Regards

Craig

Different Levels of access to the Admin panel - Page 5 Empty Re: Different Levels of access to the Admin panel

Post by Guest Sun Jan 20 2013, 09:01

I voted yes,but another way round this is to just make your moderators administrators.Then they will have full admin rights and be able to access the admin panel.
    What you could also do is create a second admin group and make the original admin group(the one with the crown) hidden.
    Then place your moderators in the hidden admin group. But also put the moderators into the moderators group. That way they will appear as moderators to members and guests, but will still have full admin rights,the same as administrators have.

Last edited by Andrea Borman on Sun Jan 20 2013, 14:32; edited 5 times in total
    slavib
    Forumember

Male Posts : 84
    Language : Bulgarian

Different Levels of access to the Admin panel - Page 5 Empty Re: Different Levels of access to the Admin panel

Post by slavib Sun Jan 20 2013, 11:29

I think it is wrong to have different access levels for administrators.
    As it is right to have different levels of access for moderators.
    one group moderators have some rights.
    Group moderators have other rights is
    zenzo
    zenzo
    Forumember

Language : english,tagalog

Post by zenzo Sun Jan 20 2013, 12:38

i will vote yes

i want to suggest access "user & groups"

and also have super moderator ranks
    Paralax
    Forumember

Female Posts : 37
    Language : English

Post by Paralax Sun Jan 20 2013, 20:36

This would be nice. Then, I wouldn't have to worry about random admins promoting members or banning people...
    /rant
    DK
    DK
    Forumember

Male Posts : 609

Post by DK Sun Jan 20 2013, 21:09

Voted yes.
    msedgley
    msedgley
    Forumember

Female Posts : 618

Post by msedgley Mon Jan 21 2013, 20:55

this was posted in 2008 and nothing has been done to get this, i think its one of the biggest things needed on forums
    Zacbonic/Albinotiger
    Zacbonic/Albinotiger
    Forumember

Male Posts : 92
    Language : English, Spanish, French,And Dutch

Post by Zacbonic/Albinotiger Wed Apr 03 2013, 10:12

Voted Yes, this would come in handy on my forum

Post by Guest Wed Apr 03 2013, 11:48

slavib wrote:I think it is wrong to have different access levels for administrators.
    As it is right to have different levels of access for moderators.
    one group moderators have some rights.
    Group moderators have other rights is
    Well the moderators on my forum have the same rights as administrators.
    That is because I added them to the admin group,head administrators,which is the one with the crown. Which is the group my moderators are in that is a hidden group.

So members only see the second admin group(not the real admin group)and the moderator group.
    Administrators and any moderators you add to the admin group(with the crown) all have admin rights.The only thing they cannot do is manage footer links,credits,install themes(unless they create a temporary theme,)or edit the templates. As only the founder, which is me,can do that.

Also moderators and administrators cannot ban another moderator or admin,they can only ban members.
    On a lot of other forums, example,V Bulletin you can give global moderators admin powers with or without putting them in the admin group.
    Though that's not the case on Forumotion,as the only way is to add them to the admin group.
    Jezzda
    Forumember

Post by Jezzda Fri May 03 2013, 17:09

Bump! Voted yes, I'd really like Forumotion to go through with this, this topic started in 2008, I'm surprised it hasn't happened yet.
    Derri
    Derri
    Helper
    Helper

Male Posts : 8755
    Language : English & Basic French

Post by Derri Fri May 17 2013, 02:03

Voted yes, this would be an excellent idea Smile
    Captain Hunk
    Captain Hunk
    Forumember

Male Posts : 130

Post by Captain Hunk Fri May 17 2013, 15:36

LGforum wrote:This is actually a feature within the permissions of a real phpbb forum.
    I believe it is removed from FM due to it being a free host and the fact it must protect its forums members email addresses.

If you were to assign another Admin, you'd be giving someone access to everyone's emails. And your users may not have wanted to share there email with an unknown person.

Voted 'No' for that reason. FM would need to create panels with new permissions for the Admin to assign. Your idea simply allows more people to view all content but perform one particular task in the ACP. Convenience at the expense of privacy is a no-no.
    -MiSHmaSH-
    -MiSHmaSH-
    Forumember

Male Posts : 267
    Language : Latvian

Different Levels of access to the Admin panel - Page 5 Empty Set limits to Administrators

Post by -MiSHmaSH- Wed Oct 02 2013, 08:10

Hi!
    I suggest this idea:
    Forum founder can set limits for administrators in ACP. I'ts good idea for forums with new admins, becose you can test them. Young admins can destroy your forum. I think that there should be button in administrators profile ''Set privileges'' or set them at ACP. Like you disable to 1 admin display settings, and for other admin disable 'send newsletter' and ' reputation settings' - it's your choise.
    So what do you think?
    SLGray
    SLGray
    Administrator
    Administrator

Male Posts : 51515

Post by SLGray Wed Oct 02 2013, 08:14

Please do a search before posting a suggestion that has already be suggested.

Different Levels of access to the Admin panel - Page 5 Slgray10

When your topic has been solved, ensure you mark the topic solved.
    Never post your email in public.
    -MiSHmaSH-
    -MiSHmaSH-
    Forumember

Post by -MiSHmaSH- Wed Oct 02 2013, 11:20

Yes, theare are more topics about it, like this: help.forumotion.com/t24617-different-levels-of-access-to-the-admin-panel

This is diffrent topic becose founder can only set premisions. And founder can select what options are allowed. Like not all section ''General'' but all small sections in Admin panel
    Base
    Base
    Forumaster

Male Posts : 10386
    Language : English and French

Post by Base Wed Oct 02 2013, 17:34

The idea is practically the same, therefore I will merge the topics.

You can contribute your idea to the other topic. Smile

Merged
    -MiSHmaSH-
    -MiSHmaSH-
    Forumember

Post by -MiSHmaSH- Wed Oct 02 2013, 18:21

This is not the same Sad
    Base
    Base
    Forumaster

Male Posts : 10386
    Language : English and French

Post by Base Wed Oct 02 2013, 19:47

The concept is the same. You are free to add your own ideas to this suggestion.
    -MiSHmaSH-
    -MiSHmaSH-
    Forumember

Post by -MiSHmaSH- Sat Oct 05 2013, 12:33

Bump
    -MiSHmaSH-
    -MiSHmaSH-
    Forumember

Post by -MiSHmaSH- Mon Oct 07 2013, 01:37

bump
    -MiSHmaSH-
    -MiSHmaSH-
    Forumember

Post by -MiSHmaSH- Wed Oct 09 2013, 23:41

bump
    -MiSHmaSH-
    -MiSHmaSH-
    Forumember

Post by -MiSHmaSH- Tue Oct 15 2013, 22:30

bump
    Str0ng
    Forumember

Language : Spanish

Post by Str0ng Wed Jan 22 2014, 19:06

Good idea, I approve this! Wink
    Selvester
    Selvester
    Forumember

Female Posts : 255
    Language : English, French (little bit)

Post by Selvester Wed Jan 22 2014, 19:34

I swear I saw something like this and commented on it already but I shall comment here as well.

In short I like the idea. I won't appoint an admin unless I trust them 110%. However... there are still certain things I get paranoid about them messing with. One accidental click in the wrong flannel and they could mess something up. For me I definitely get paranoid about them messing with any CSS I set. So I would be all for being able to set certain permissions for them. So a yes for me.
    -MiSHmaSH-
    -MiSHmaSH-
    Forumember

Post by -MiSHmaSH- Sun Feb 02 2014, 14:41

Bump! We need more votes!
    -MiSHmaSH-
    -MiSHmaSH-
    Forumember

Post by -MiSHmaSH- Thu Feb 27 2014, 23:42

Bump! We need this option!
    Naki
    Naki
    Forumember

Male Posts : 175
    Language : Albanian, English, Croatian, Polish

Post by Naki Fri Feb 28 2014, 00:17

My vote Yes
    Nice and great idea
    Rhino.Freak
    Rhino.Freak
    Helper
    Helper

Male Posts : 1248

Post by Rhino.Freak Fri Feb 28 2014, 07:47

brilliant idea, its no harm adding this.,

Post by Guest Fri Feb 28 2014, 21:39

By "Guest"? I know this little game. Voted none.
    mioshi11
    mioshi11
    Forumember

Male Posts : 153
    Language : english

Post by mioshi11 Tue Apr 01 2014, 08:16

Voted yes! Very Happy
    HrvojeP
    HrvojeP
    Forumember

Male Posts : 161
    Language : Croatian, English

Post by HrvojeP Tue Apr 29 2014, 01:07

Is this idea implemented? I like it!