Instant redirect back to post after giving reputation point Hitskin_logo Hitskin.com

This is a Hitskin.com skin preview
Install the skinReturn to the skin page

The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
+10
Cliffs
Walshy95
Blofeld
Milunice259
middo2
dstanley
Brandon
EMO
ZX
vvw
14 posters

Instant redirect back to post after giving reputation point

Poll

Should we be directed back to the original post after giving Rep points?

[ 32 ]
    Instant redirect back to post after giving reputation point Bar_left94%Instant redirect back to post after giving reputation point Bar_right [94%] 
    [ 2 ]
    Instant redirect back to post after giving reputation point Bar_left6%Instant redirect back to post after giving reputation point Bar_right [6%] 

Total Votes: 34
    vvw
    Forumember

Female Posts : 41
    Language : English

Instant redirect back to post after giving reputation point Empty Instant redirect back to post after giving reputation point

Post by vvw March 19th 2009, 10:34 pm

First of all, thanks for all the updates - I for one really appreciate all the effort that has gone into this.

I posted this yesterday in the "ONLY TOPIC" but I see now that it has been trashed so I thought maybe this would be a better place to put it.

.............................................................................

When the reputation point is given, we are taken to a "your vote has been counted" screen, which asks if the user wants to be taken back to the topic or to the forum.

If select "return to topic" we are taken back to the first post of the topic (not very user friendly, especially if the user just gave a point to post number 56).

Instead it should either:

a. Automatically take the user back to the post which just earned a reputation point instead of showing the "your vote has been counted" screen

OR

b. Offer to to take the user back to the post that they just gave a reputation point to.

Pretty please? Very Happy

Last edited by vvw on April 17th 2009, 11:15 pm; edited 2 times in total
    ZX
    ZX
    Forumember

Male Posts : 210
    Language : English, Japanese, Italian

Instant redirect back to post after giving reputation point Empty Re: Instant redirect back to post after giving reputation point

Post by ZX March 19th 2009, 10:36 pm

vvw wrote:First of all, thanks for all the updates - I for one really appreciate all the effort that has gone into this.

I posted this yesterday in the "ONLY TOPIC" but I see now that it has been trashed so I thought maybe this would be a better place to put it.

.............................................................................

When the reputation point is given, we are taken to a "your vote has been counted" screen, which asks if the user wants to be taken back to the topic or to the forum.

If select "return to topic" we are taken back to the first post of the topic (not very user friendly, especially if the user just gave a point to post number 56).

Instead it should either:

a. Automatically take the user back to the post which just earned a reputation point instead of showing the "your vote has been counted" screen

OR

b. Offer to to take the user back to the post that they just gave a reputation point to.

Pretty please? Very Happy

shouldnt we let them fix the glitches with the updates before we suggest improoving them?
    vvw
    Forumember

Instant redirect back to post after giving reputation point Empty Re: Instant redirect back to post after giving reputation point

Post by vvw March 19th 2009, 10:40 pm

ZX wrote:

shouldnt we let them fix the glitches with the updates before we suggest improoving them?

No - the sooner Admins are aware of useability issues the better. The current setup is a deterrent to people giving reputation points and that is a serious issue IMHO.

As far as we know this could be a very simple update, and I didn't see anything in my message that expressed lack of gratitude or extreme urgency.

Last edited by vvw on March 20th 2009, 4:48 am; edited 2 times in total
    EMO
    EMO
    Forumember

Female Posts : 251
    Language : English, German, French, Itali, Spanish, Bangla, Hindi, Urdu,

Post by EMO March 20th 2009, 1:33 am

vvw: Sorry for my question, but may be you are a member of a link exchange site.

And also sorry for vote : NO

Its need less.

But, good luck...
    Brandon
    Brandon
    Forumember

Male Posts : 361

Post by Brandon March 20th 2009, 4:22 am

100% agree - YES

Rep. system is flawed with that loading screen
    dstanley

Post by dstanley March 20th 2009, 9:28 pm

I vote 100% yes to this. I have found the same issue giving reputation, which has made it a bit frustrating finding the post I was at

Thanks vvw for the suggestion
    middo2
    middo2
    Forumember

Post by middo2 March 20th 2009, 11:31 pm

Yes, yes and yes.
    vvw
    Forumember

Post by vvw March 23rd 2009, 5:44 am

bump for more voting Smile
    vvw
    Forumember

Post by vvw March 28th 2009, 4:41 am

EMO wrote:vvw: Sorry for my question, but may be you are a member of a link exchange site.

And also sorry for vote : NO

Its need less.

But, good luck...

Sorry for missing your question... the answer is no, but either way, I'm not sure how it's relevant.

Giving karma should be very simple for people to do - please vote Yes for this suggestion folks!
    vvw
    Forumember

Post by vvw April 9th 2009, 3:47 am

In case people are wondering - it's not an instant redirect back to the post, but if you click return to topic after giving a reputation point, it will now redirect you back to the post you gave the point to, instead of to the first post of the topic.

This is much much better - thank you Forumotion for fixing this! Very Happy
    Milunice259
    Milunice259
    Forumember

Language : PHP,HTML

Post by Milunice259 April 17th 2009, 1:57 pm

I think it very useful so I voted Yessssss
    Blofeld
    Active Poster

Male Posts : 1088
    Language : ............

Post by Blofeld April 17th 2009, 2:11 pm

Yes yes yes yes yes . :wouhou:
    Walshy95
    Walshy95
    Active Poster

Male Posts : 1308

Post by Walshy95 April 17th 2009, 3:26 pm

Yeah this should be done because it would be a kick in the teeth giving a rep + to someone and then you have to scroll all the way back to that post to make a post yourself if you haven't read everything what everyone has said in that topic. Voted 'Yes'.
    Cliffs

Post by Cliffs December 14th 2011, 3:30 pm

3 years later and this is still the same? My members are complaining about having to go back to the topic and not the post they kudo'd. Why can't we click on a thumbs up or down and it just registers and not takes us away from the post?
    Omu
    Omu
    Active Poster

Male Posts : 1021
    Language : Romanian, English

Post by Omu December 14th 2011, 3:34 pm

My vote is yes Very Happy
    Empire_1
    Empire_1
    Active Poster

Male Posts : 1391
    Language : English, Spanish, Mandarin, C++

Post by Empire_1 December 14th 2011, 8:40 pm

voted yes

Post by Guest December 14th 2011, 9:06 pm

Not a great idea, but anyway agree with her. Wink
    Cliffs

Post by Cliffs December 15th 2011, 2:55 am

Gassy wrote:Not a great idea, but anyway agree with her. Wink

What's not a great idea?
    hidankiller

Language : english/tagalog

Post by hidankiller January 16th 2012, 11:14 am

yap i have the same problem, vote for yes.

Post by Guest January 16th 2012, 3:44 pm

voted yes
    SLGray
    SLGray
    Administrator
    Administrator

Male Posts : 51515

Post by SLGray September 25th 2015, 4:06 am

Bumping to move this suggestion to the first page.

Instant redirect back to post after giving reputation point Slgray10

When your topic has been solved, ensure you mark the topic solved.
    Never post your email in public.

Post by Guest September 25th 2015, 4:57 am

Voted yes.  =)
    SLGray
    SLGray
    Administrator
    Administrator

Male Posts : 51515

Post by SLGray August 23rd 2017, 11:16 pm

Bumping this suggestion to move it to the first page.

Instant redirect back to post after giving reputation point Slgray10

When your topic has been solved, ensure you mark the topic solved.
    Never post your email in public.