Option to turn the chatbox into a shoutbox. - Page 2 Hitskin_logo Hitskin.com

This is a Hitskin.com skin preview
Install the skinReturn to the skin page

The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
+26
MattiaDes
Mohamed Nsr
Ellianna17
SLGray
Drust
WHITESABBATH
ps3.mang
roCrox
XxXTigerclawXxX
[h_p]hacked_psp
bookworm12
Gill
zerohack
Jophy
TMP
Milunice259
Intheend
pownd29
Luga
Gatakia
Goku93
Blofeld
Rottie Mad
Walshy95
WhitePoint
Deathspawn
30 posters

Option to turn the chatbox into a shoutbox.

Poll

Should there be an option to change the chatbox into a shoutbox?

[ 65 ]
    Option to turn the chatbox into a shoutbox. - Page 2 Bar_left92%Option to turn the chatbox into a shoutbox. - Page 2 Bar_right [92%] 
    [ 6 ]
    Option to turn the chatbox into a shoutbox. - Page 2 Bar_left8%Option to turn the chatbox into a shoutbox. - Page 2 Bar_right [8%] 

Total Votes: 71
    Deathspawn
    Deathspawn
    Forumember

Male Posts : 76
    Language : English

Option to turn the chatbox into a shoutbox. - Page 2 Empty Option to turn the chatbox into a shoutbox.

Post by Deathspawn September 21st 2009, 5:26 am

First topic message reminder :

(Dunno if this has been suggested yet, and don't really care to go through 54 pages to find out.)

Since the Chatbox that we are presently given lags like hell and logs you off so many times, I have come up with a better idea for it: Make it into a shoutbox. (Of course, give us the option on weather to use the chatbox or shoutbox though.) But, yea, since we cannot directly make our own shoutbox and using a shoutbox from another source is a pain in the butt (Guests logging in and saying rude things, lack of support, blah blah.), it would be nice.

Some options that could be useful are like the moderators of it, we can edit what they do (I.E. Multiple options for like bans, seeing ip's, deleting messages, editing messages, posting sticky messages, unstickying messages, etc.), instead of making them in charge of everything.

Also, give us an option to edit the time display in it, so that instead of posting when the message was said, it will display like how many minutes ago/hours ago/days ago it was posted. Also, an option to set weather we want the newest message to be on the bottom or top would be nice.

Could also add in like a message limit and limits to what the user can use in their message (as far as HTML, BBCode, etc.).

And, most importantly, a 30 second - 1 minute refresh rate on it so that users can see what was posted.
    SLGray
    SLGray
    Administrator
    Administrator

Male Posts : 51515

Option to turn the chatbox into a shoutbox. - Page 2 Empty Re: Option to turn the chatbox into a shoutbox.

Post by SLGray August 23rd 2017, 11:19 pm

Bumping this suggestion to move it to the first page.

Option to turn the chatbox into a shoutbox. - Page 2 Slgray10

When your topic has been solved, ensure you mark the topic solved.
    Never post your email in public.
    MattiaDes
    MattiaDes
    Hyperactive

Male Posts : 2044
    Language : Italian, English

Option to turn the chatbox into a shoutbox. - Page 2 Empty Re: Option to turn the chatbox into a shoutbox.

Post by MattiaDes August 25th 2017, 11:24 pm

I voted yes
    TonnyKamper
    TonnyKamper
    Active Poster

Female Posts : 1050
    Language : Dutch/English

Post by TonnyKamper August 26th 2017, 1:32 am

That would be very nice, voted yes Option to turn the chatbox into a shoutbox. - Page 2 1f600
    BlackScorpion
    BlackScorpion
    Graphic Designer
    Graphic Designer

Male Posts : 7010

Post by BlackScorpion August 26th 2017, 4:59 am

TMP wrote:Do the forumotion designers even answer? I've been on the forums for a while and i've seen like 10 real good ideas with more than 15 votes. But i've yet to see one of those great ideas be implemented. Come on forumotion, please introduce this option Smile

I think you are mistaken, we designers have nothing to do with the suggestions, it is up to the head office and higher ups to decide.

got my vote.

Spherical
    Spherical

Post by Spherical August 26th 2017, 5:50 am

Great idea and would love to see a shoutbox! Very good
    I do have a chatango box on my board at the moment.
    Zandranna
    Zandranna
    Forumember

Female Posts : 77

Post by Zandranna August 26th 2017, 11:42 am

I voted yes. But then I don't use the present chatbox because we aren't able to move it to the sidebar. I hate that the only option is top or bottom.
    SLGray
    SLGray
    Administrator
    Administrator

Male Posts : 51515

Post by SLGray August 26th 2017, 6:59 pm

There are codes out there that lets you move it.

Option to turn the chatbox into a shoutbox. - Page 2 Slgray10

When your topic has been solved, ensure you mark the topic solved.
    Never post your email in public.