# Vote for Option "New Topic Awaiting Approval" # Hitskin_logo Hitskin.com

This is a Hitskin.com skin preview
Install the skinReturn to the skin page

The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
+30
darki
musictraining
Count Dooku
MISA
Coffe~Milk
anonymouz17
Ape
Legend™
For_Ever_Greece
Niko
Ahkrir
Base
ugochris
upnover
Impudent Apple
Jellydonut
invisible_fa
Stephen-
PowerMan
nurul47
babaganoosh
matt_m
joshuajared2000
Nessa
dotDavid
smc.admin
Sanket
jennifier.hui
Steven_L
LUDAKLUDI
34 posters

# Vote for Option "New Topic Awaiting Approval" #

Poll

vote for "New Topic Awaiting Approval" option

[ 53 ]
    # Vote for Option "New Topic Awaiting Approval" # Bar_left93%# Vote for Option "New Topic Awaiting Approval" # Bar_right [93%] 
    [ 4 ]
    # Vote for Option "New Topic Awaiting Approval" # Bar_left7%# Vote for Option "New Topic Awaiting Approval" # Bar_right [7%] 

Total Votes: 57
    LUDAKLUDI
    LUDAKLUDI
    Forumember

Male Posts : 280
    Language : English,Serbian

# Vote for Option "New Topic Awaiting Approval" # Empty # Vote for Option "New Topic Awaiting Approval" #

Post by LUDAKLUDI November 9th 2009, 10:02 pm

It would be much easyer to control members and moderate whole forum with option
    "Topic Awaiting Approval"

I hate when someone open new unwanted or unpropriet topic on my forum, or topic that already exist.
    ...so my co-admins, moderators, submods and me, must delete and explane every single user why they delete that topic.

...Just few minute ago some member open new topic with unwanted link (he just joked but still i pissed off) because that bug my browser.
    I dont want to things like that happened to my members when admins and mods not online on forum.
    And Iam sure u need too this option on help.forumotion.com because you have lots of same spam topics,
    locking, moving to garbage and always post "this topic already exist or something like that" is not so cool for members and some of members dont use search option.

option work like this...

When someone create new topic, admin or moderator can see what is post about and decide,
    will it be approved and displeyed on forum.

IPB board have that option but iam using phpbb2 (because its rules)
    and i dont see that option on forumotion in IPB version or any other version.

Please vote for this and support this option.
    Thx in advance.

ps sry about my english ... Embarassed

Last edited by LUDAKLUDI on November 9th 2009, 11:50 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Steven_L
    Steven_L
    Forumember

Male Posts : 31
    Language : English, Spanish, and French

# Vote for Option "New Topic Awaiting Approval" # Empty Re: # Vote for Option "New Topic Awaiting Approval" #

Post by Steven_L November 9th 2009, 11:16 pm

I voted agree IF and only IF this is an option and not a build in system. If those of us who wanted this could simply turn it on and those of us who didn't could turn it off then I guess its ok.

However, this is why you should get mods that are on at all different Time Zones, this way when one isn't on another is.

Honestly this system might be more of a drag on your staff than you think, also will discourage many of being active on your forum. Thats just what I think, I know I wont be using something like this but its up to you, just letting you know the good with the bad.
    LUDAKLUDI
    LUDAKLUDI
    Forumember

Male Posts : 280
    Language : English,Serbian

# Vote for Option "New Topic Awaiting Approval" # Empty Re: # Vote for Option "New Topic Awaiting Approval" #

Post by LUDAKLUDI November 10th 2009, 12:00 am

Conception of my forum is about more control, not in courageing people to post senselessly
    jennifier.hui

Language : English

Post by jennifier.hui December 1st 2009, 10:41 am

Agree no more.. just found out forumotion dont have this fuction.. a little dissapointed.
    Sanket
    Sanket
    ForumGuru

Male Posts : 48766

Post by Sanket December 1st 2009, 10:48 am

I vote yes, would be helpful for many forum owners.
    smc.admin

Language : ENGLISH

Post by smc.admin December 1st 2009, 1:10 pm

i vote YES as well... it would be of great benefit...
    dotDavid
    dotDavid
    Hyperactive

Male Posts : 2404

Post by dotDavid December 1st 2009, 1:33 pm

Yes, would be good for accepting tutorials etc.
    Nessa
    Nessa
    Energetic

Female Posts : 6203

Post by Nessa December 1st 2009, 2:59 pm

I like it.. I vote yes. Very Happy
    joshuajared2000
    joshuajared2000
    Forumember

Male Posts : 28

Post by joshuajared2000 December 4th 2009, 3:43 pm

I voted yes. but was wondering..

Couldnt you also with this kind of feature set it for "approval needed" based on post count? so for example, if your members have posted 10 topics or reply's then they would not see the "Approval Needed" screen

Other then that i love the idea.
    dotDavid
    dotDavid
    Hyperactive

Post by dotDavid December 5th 2009, 2:47 am

No, thats different. What you said was accessing the forum, whereas the suggestion was for moderating posts before they get published.
    dotDavid
    dotDavid
    Hyperactive

Post by dotDavid December 10th 2009, 12:22 pm

bump
    matt_m
    Forumember

Post by matt_m December 10th 2009, 1:13 pm

Voted yes. An excellent idea, providing of course it is optional (obviously!).
    babaganoosh
    Forumember

Post by babaganoosh December 11th 2009, 4:20 am

Meh...I don't really see this being much use. If you have to delete a topic and explain why you do it now, how is that different than reading the topic and clicking reject (same thing as clicking delete) and then you'd still have to tell them why you rejected it (so you'd still need to explain yourself). It seems like you're doing the same thing, except this way good topics get postponed as well.
    dotDavid
    dotDavid
    Hyperactive

Post by dotDavid December 11th 2009, 4:47 am

No, you are wrong. This can be set on and off on different forums. Say your forum has a tutorials area, you will need to approve the quality of it before it gets posted, otherwise your forum will just be of low quality.
    nurul47
    nurul47
    Forumember

Male Posts : 98

Post by nurul47 December 15th 2009, 6:23 pm

I also voted yes
    PowerMan
    PowerMan
    Forumember

Male Posts : 34
    Language : Greek - English

Post by PowerMan April 25th 2012, 7:21 am

I voted yes
    PowerMan
    PowerMan
    Forumember

Post by PowerMan April 25th 2012, 10:17 am

will work the { New Topic Awaiting Approval } ?

Smile

Post by Guest April 25th 2012, 1:19 pm

I agree with this option. But I think would be useful to choose this option in the forums only you want. Not in all, cause it will be annoying. Wink
    PowerMan
    PowerMan
    Forumember

Post by PowerMan April 25th 2012, 1:29 pm

The option is good for phpbb2
    Stephen-
    Stephen-
    Hyperactive

Male Posts : 2542
    Language :

Post by Stephen- April 25th 2012, 1:40 pm

Voted yes ! Wink
    PowerMan
    PowerMan
    Forumember

Post by PowerMan April 25th 2012, 3:10 pm

will eventually become????
    invisible_fa
    invisible_fa
    Forumember

Male Posts : 966
    Language : Klingon
    Location : Does it matter? I'm Invisible, you will not see me anyway

Post by invisible_fa April 25th 2012, 5:46 pm

This can be already done playing with permissions, but it would be nice that this could be done natively from the admin panel into permissions tab, so voted yes, because this can be useful when you want absolutely control what members post in a section (for example a section where people can make promotion of his forums, and you want to control it for avoid that the section became a spam focus)

So voted yes, good luck with this suggestion Wink

Jellydonut
    Jellydonut
    Forumember

Female Posts : 572

Post by Jellydonut April 26th 2012, 12:42 am

I vote yes, it would he helpful on some forums. I personally wouldn't turn it on though, since we don't have a lot of rule breaking.
    Impudent Apple
    Impudent Apple
    Forumember

Male Posts : 77

Post by Impudent Apple April 26th 2012, 3:50 pm

Woah, Great Idea, Voted Yes, indeed Very good
    upnover

Post by upnover April 27th 2012, 3:07 pm

I also like the idea if it is optional...
    PowerMan
    PowerMan
    Forumember

Post by PowerMan April 27th 2012, 11:01 pm

[ 24 ] - Yes
    [2] - No

Smile
    PowerMan
    PowerMan
    Forumember

Post by PowerMan May 1st 2012, 9:44 pm

Done ? Smile
    ugochris

Language : english

# Vote for Option "New Topic Awaiting Approval" # Empty Today I just found this free host

Post by ugochris May 3rd 2012, 8:11 pm

Content Removed ~ Base
    PowerMan
    PowerMan
    Forumember

Post by PowerMan May 5th 2012, 9:59 pm

Complete script???
    PowerMan
    PowerMan
    Forumember

Post by PowerMan May 7th 2012, 9:53 pm

Code:
    Complete script???

????