Member Subscription to Groups for certain amount of time - Page 2 Hitskin_logo Hitskin.com

This is a Hitskin.com skin preview
Install the skinReturn to the skin page

The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
+15
Take Notes
IOCUK
Klemen
Ellianna17
SLGray
Rianna Lauren
Ape
Dumbledore27
LostLegend
Count Dooku
FlamingToaster
Sk9
Master Marc
Jophy
gunge31
19 posters

Member Subscription to Groups for certain amount of time

Poll

Would you use this feature?

[ 39 ]
    Member Subscription to Groups for certain amount of time - Page 2 Bar_left93%Member Subscription to Groups for certain amount of time - Page 2 Bar_right [93%] 
    [ 3 ]
    Member Subscription to Groups for certain amount of time - Page 2 Bar_left7%Member Subscription to Groups for certain amount of time - Page 2 Bar_right [7%] 

Total Votes: 42
    gunge31
    Forumember

Male Posts : 74
    Language : english

Member Subscription to Groups for certain amount of time - Page 2 Empty Member Subscription to Groups for certain amount of time

Post by gunge31 Sat 5 Dec - 13:49

First topic message reminder :

Not sure if it is already possible but i would like to have a time scale for members to stay in some groups

I.E a paid up member of my site would go in to a group that would allow them to view extra forums but after a 12month period when the membership runs out automaticaly get removed from that group

Last edited by gunge31 on Sun 20 Dec - 14:45; edited 2 times in total

Member Subscription to Groups for certain amount of time - Page 2 Empty Re: Member Subscription to Groups for certain amount of time

Post by Guest Mon 31 Aug - 6:17

I vote: YES
    IOCUK
    IOCUK
    Forumember

Male Posts : 228

Member Subscription to Groups for certain amount of time - Page 2 Empty Re: Member Subscription to Groups for certain amount of time

Post by IOCUK Tue 15 Mar - 9:54

Damn good idea and would be VERY useful on my forum thumright
    Take Notes
    Take Notes
    Helper
    Helper

Male Posts : 2337
    Language : English

Post by Take Notes Tue 15 Mar - 12:21

Voted yes but there needs to be the same thing for ranks. If the member has a special rank matching the group, then an administrator will need to remove the rank at the same time as the member automatically leaves the group, which actually makes it harder.
    Poser
    Poser
    Helper
    Helper

Male Posts : 413
    Language : English, Filipino

Post by Poser Mon 18 Apr - 7:55

Another good feature to be added in the forums if ever this will be accepted.
    Sometimes these new ideas (along with the others) make me feel that I have been doing everything on my forums manually.
    IOCUK
    IOCUK
    Forumember

Male Posts : 228

Post by IOCUK Thu 28 Apr - 23:10

Genesis wrote:Voted yes but there needs to be the same thing for ranks. If the member has a special rank matching the group, then an administrator will need to remove the rank at the same time as the member automatically leaves the group, which actually makes it harder.

Yes thats true, but at least it would be one less job to do because personally once someones
    subs run out ive to got manually removed them from the group AND remove their rank. thumleft
    Elementar
    Elementar
    Forumember

Male Posts : 386

Post by Elementar Thu 28 Apr - 23:50

I vote yes. Good idea.
    Take Notes
    Take Notes
    Helper
    Helper

Male Posts : 2337

Post by Take Notes Thu 12 May - 6:11

Bump.
    SLGray
    SLGray
    Administrator
    Administrator

Male Posts : 51503

Post by SLGray Mon 11 Dec - 22:56

Bumping to move this suggestion to the first page.

Member Subscription to Groups for certain amount of time - Page 2 Slgray10

When your topic has been solved, ensure you mark the topic solved.
    Never post your email in public.
    Lucas.M
    Lucas.M

Language : Português

Post by Lucas.M Mon 12 Dec - 20:59

I believe that a system like this, editable, in which the administrators could create groups with a determined time of permanence, would be useful in Forumotion forums.

I think it would be useful for Forumotion users, especially with regard to monetizing the forum by selling VIP members.

Be able to sell access for a certain time to restricted areas of the forum. Thus, the administrator could add a member to a VIP group of 30 days of permanence, without having to control the expiry of each member individually and having to manually remove them from the group.

If you have a group that, when you add a member, after 30 days it is automatically removed, it would be very useful for administrators.

This example was about monetizing with VIP members, but it would also serve to highlight a user who won a forum event,

If one of the prizes was that the winner of such an event would be highlighted for 7 days, with a green name. This way the administrator could create an ''event winner'' group and when adding a member, after 7 days he/she leaves automatically, without the administrator having to remember to withdraw.

This suggestion would even help improve sales of the platform's service packages, many administrators are not willing to pay for the Advanced and Premium packages, but if their own forum generates income, as in the example of VIP access sales, I believe they would be more willing to use the money generated on the forum to invest in Forumotion platform packages, generating an increase in sales of Advanced and Premium packages.

Best regards,
    BlackScorpion
    BlackScorpion
    Graphic Designer
    Graphic Designer

Male Posts : 7010

Post by BlackScorpion Tue 13 Dec - 17:47

voted yes , i think this can be useful