How to scale Background Image per user resolution!? Hitskin_logo Hitskin.com

This is a Hitskin.com skin preview
Install the skinReturn to the skin page

The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
5 posters

How to scale Background Image per user resolution!?

Khalus
    Forumember

Language : English

How to scale Background Image per user resolution!? Empty How to scale Background Image per user resolution!?

Post by Khalus April 2nd 2010, 1:06 pm

Hi, I'm looking for a CSS code to force the Background Image to scale with the users resolution, for multiple sizes. The background image I'm using now is 1920*1080, which I had to increase from 1600*1200, which is my resolution, because several frequent members of our forums run in 1920*1080 and the image was repeating on the right side for them. However now that I have it set to their resolution it gets cut off on the right for me.

In this image linked below I set the line where its cut off for me, and could be even worse for users with smaller resolutions.
    Cave BG

Here rather soon I'm planning on creating a new BG Image, one that has multiple images set along the left and right side, that will fit in the space around the body and widgets of my forums. However with this issue, the images would be cut off and not set in unison properly with certain users and other visitor to our forums.

So please if someone knows how to fix the BG to change in resolution based on the user that would be excellent and I'd be most appreciative. Or if there is a way to set a 2nd BG image on top of the main one that is just around the body and widgets that would work too if possible!

Here are our forums, and I wish to keep the current width of our body and widgets at 77%.

Forgot to mention, I am running in PHPBB2!
    splashyyy
    Forumember

Male Posts : 49
    Language : english

How to scale Background Image per user resolution!? Empty Re: How to scale Background Image per user resolution!?

Post by splashyyy April 12th 2010, 6:34 pm

yeah would like to know about that too , if someone knows something n to help , would be nice Smile
    inkzero

How to scale Background Image per user resolution!? Empty Re: How to scale Background Image per user resolution!?

Post by inkzero May 2nd 2010, 5:08 pm

The Fame Monster
    Forumember

Male Posts : 38
    Language : Francais&English

Post by The Fame Monster May 2nd 2010, 7:18 pm

I also posted a topic asking the same question a few days ago.

Nobody has helped me at all.
    Khalus
    Forumember

Post by Khalus July 10th 2010, 6:13 am

Asking again...would really like to figure this out...I've found a few posts here of others figuring it out with CSS, but how they did it is not posted. If yoy know how to do this with CSS...please let me know.

I really need image scaling for up too 1920*1200 for our forums!~
    mcoy
    mcoy
    Forumember

Language : tagalog

Post by mcoy July 10th 2010, 6:50 am

Paste this code in your css Stylesheet

Code:

/* PAGE BACKGROUND */
    body {
      background-image: url(http://i719.photobucket.com/albums/ww198/Khalus_Akuhei/Character-Art.jpg);
      background-attachment: fixed;
      background-position: center;
      background-repeat: no-repeat;
      background-color: #000000;
      cursor: ;
    }
    Khalus
    Forumember

Post by Khalus July 10th 2010, 7:23 am

Oh my goodness...I love ya! Been trying to figure this out for months, it works! Just had to make the BG image 1920*1200 and adjust the character art a little lower.

Thank You very very much!

Post by Guest July 10th 2010, 9:12 am

Cool, i was trying to figure this out too, i'll give that a try