Adding additional profile fields to members list page - Page 2 Hitskin_logo Hitskin.com

This is a Hitskin.com skin preview
Install the skinReturn to the skin page

The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
+20
SLGray
_Twisted_Mods_
Mentaly_Unsound
ladynicole
IOCUK
Lilimel
Day95walker
that70sguy92
Made
KingOfSports
MrMario
InvokedFury
Dumbledore27
-Cookie
Slothynator
codestar
Xenovive
Caihlem
LH Justin
mr_William
24 posters

Adding additional profile fields to members list page

Poll

Do you agree?(yes!) disagree?(no!)

[ 61 ]
    Adding additional profile fields to members list page - Page 2 Bar_left97%Adding additional profile fields to members list page - Page 2 Bar_right [97%] 
    [ 2 ]
    Adding additional profile fields to members list page - Page 2 Bar_left3%Adding additional profile fields to members list page - Page 2 Bar_right [3%] 

Total Votes: 63
    mr_William
    mr_William
    Forumember

Male Posts : 33
    Language : English

Adding additional profile fields to members list page - Page 2 Empty Adding additional profile fields to members list page

Post by mr_William 22/7/2010, 01:43

First topic message reminder :

I'd like to add an option in the 'users & groups' > 'Profile' section within the admin panel to allow additional profile fields to be added to the memberlist page.

Currently, the option to display profile fields is limited to display them within 'profile' and 'messages'.

My proposed idea would then add the 'memberlist' option to the page.

a graphic to show the addition of the memberlist button in context:
    Adding additional profile fields to members list page - Page 2 Suggestededit

My usage

I'm currently running a forum for an online gameing community. Some statistical information is used and being able to hold that within the users profile and view the communitys stats in one place, while being able to use the filters the memberlist page offers would be greatly beneficial to us.

As well as using it for holding stats, I'd use it for conducting a census of sorts, holding an 'active'/'inactive' multiple choice field, which would be periodically reset by the admin to allow our users to see who's still involved within the community.

Thanks in advance for any comments for/against the suggestion, also similar solutions to the problem would be welcome!

Will

Last edited by mr_William on 24/7/2010, 16:35; edited 1 time in total
    IOCUK
    IOCUK
    Forumember

Male Posts : 228
    Language : english

Adding additional profile fields to members list page - Page 2 Empty Re: Adding additional profile fields to members list page

Post by IOCUK 10/11/2010, 09:27

Im all for this, only the other day one of my members was asking if the location could be shown in the members list. Voted YES. Wink
    mr_William
    mr_William
    Forumember

Male Posts : 33

Adding additional profile fields to members list page - Page 2 Empty Re: Adding additional profile fields to members list page

Post by mr_William 4/1/2011, 01:31

just a bump as its been a while and still action on the developers part!

thanks again for everyones support in this!
    codestar

Post by codestar 26/1/2011, 23:36

I would love to have this added, kind of a bump.. uh oh, hope I don't get in trouble for expressing my opinion again.. I'm in the red Adding additional profile fields to members list page - Page 2 Mouais guess forumotion doesn't know the term
    forgive and forget
    IOCUK
    IOCUK
    Forumember

Male Posts : 228
    Language : english

Post by IOCUK 8/3/2011, 16:11

Im still being asked by my members on a regular basis about this option, so im praying that it gets some attention by those concerned and is implemented in the very near future. thumleft
    ladynicole
    Forumember

Female Posts : 115

Post by ladynicole 18/4/2011, 00:11

Definitely, yes!
    Mentaly_Unsound

Post by Mentaly_Unsound 11/10/2011, 17:11

I've spent the last half hour looking for something on this subject, seems a vote is the only thing going on with it.

I strongly wish for this feature. For almost the exact same reason as the thread starter does. I have a gaming coven that I run, many of the profile fields would become a vital tool if only I could see and use them as a sorting field in member lists.

If anyone has found a way to add this in manually via PHPBB2 forums let me know, as I am trying to think of some way I could do it.
    _Twisted_Mods_
    _Twisted_Mods_
    Helper
    Helper

Male Posts : 2108

Post by _Twisted_Mods_ 14/11/2014, 10:09

ok this has been going sense 7/21/2010 its now 11/14/2014  .. i mean thats a long time to still not have this option added

..voted yes
    SLGray
    SLGray
    Administrator
    Administrator

Male Posts : 51520

Post by SLGray 14/11/2014, 12:20

You need to understand every suggestion can not be added to Forumotion even if there are many yes votes for it.

Adding additional profile fields to members list page - Page 2 Slgray10

When your topic has been solved, ensure you mark the topic solved.
    Never post your email in public.
    IP
    IP
    Forumember

Male Posts : 39
    Language : English, Maltese

Post by IP 29/1/2015, 15:49

Voted yes, would like to see more options/custom options.
    _Twisted_Mods_
    _Twisted_Mods_
    Helper
    Helper

Male Posts : 2108

Post by _Twisted_Mods_ 30/1/2015, 08:22

well i figured it has been long enough so i made a work around for this you can find for all versions on my forum in my profile
    SLGray
    SLGray
    Administrator
    Administrator

Post by SLGray 12/12/2015, 05:58

Bumping to move this suggestion to the first page.

Take Notes
    Take Notes
    Helper
    Helper

Male Posts : 2337

Post by Take Notes 18/1/2016, 06:24

Voted yes!
    Dageraad
    Dageraad

Language : English, Dutch

Post by Dageraad 24/1/2016, 11:38

I voted yes too Smile

(BTW I wonder what would compell people to vote against it...The only thing I can think of, is that they are not interested, and think the implementation would be a waiste of the tech people's time and energy.)

How / when do we hear whether a suggestion has been approved of, and implemented?
    SLGray
    SLGray
    Administrator
    Administrator

Post by SLGray 24/1/2016, 20:20

Dageraad wrote:How / when do we hear whether a suggestion has been approved of, and implemented?
    We know if a suggestion is implemented when Forumotion announces updates.

Dageraad
    Dageraad

Language : English, Dutch

Post by Dageraad 9/4/2016, 15:00

Hello everybody,

I have been 'away' for a few months, happy to see that my embryonic forum still hasn't been erased Smile

If there is any mentionable progress concerning the OP's suggestion, please give me a concise update!
    SLGray
    SLGray
    Administrator
    Administrator

Post by SLGray 10/9/2021, 02:17

Points have been added to the list.

Post by Guest 10/9/2021, 17:51

I like this idea.
    Amber Sweet
    Amber Sweet

Post by Amber Sweet 11/2/2022, 20:02

Bumping to say that the feature as described in OP would be excellent to have. For those skinning for RP, a lot of javascript has to be used to put character-related profile fields into the memberlist. If the process could somehow be simplified, it'd allow for ease of customization.