the forum logs me out automatically Hitskin_logo Hitskin.com

This is a Hitskin.com skin preview
Install the skinReturn to the skin page

The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
2 posters

the forum logs me out automatically

servomap

the forum logs me out automatically Empty the forum logs me out automatically

Post by servomap November 24th 2005, 8:00 pm

Hi, Very Happy

Does anybody know a way to prolong the log in status?

My problem is that if I'm inactive for a couple of minutes the forum logs me out. This is very inconvenient when I am in the middle of writing a longer posting and I only just happened to wonder off to other sites to check things.

Can I change the time length after which the forum logs me out automatically?

Thanks,
    Alice
    Adripotpot
    Adripotpot
    Forumember

Male Posts : 44
    Language : French

the forum logs me out automatically Empty Re: the forum logs me out automatically

Post by Adripotpot November 24th 2005, 8:10 pm

Hi Wink
    In the French Support, somebody has got the same problem yesterday...
    But now, I don't know if he has found a solution ...

That's this link : http://forum.forumactif.com/viewtopic.forum?p=827574&highlight=#827574

Bye Wink

( I don't know if his problem is similar than yours )

EDIT : I have seen other problems like yours (With 'Log in/Log out' and 'Register' too ... Strange Rolling Eyes )
    Cornelia
    Cornelia
    Hyperactive

Female Posts : 4763
    Language : I'M NOT A TECHIE OR A MOD, SO QUIT SENDING ME PMS FOR TECHIE STUFF OR LOST PASSWORDS !!!

the forum logs me out automatically Empty Re: the forum logs me out automatically

Post by Cornelia November 25th 2005, 10:40 am

It's a security measure. When you are inactive for more than 10 minutes, you're logged out. All you can do is select your whole message before you submit
    servomap

Post by servomap November 28th 2005, 11:36 pm

Yes but why does the forum think I'm inactive whilst I'm editing my posting? Maybe I'm too slow, maybe I write too much, or insert too many links but apparently it happens quite often that it takes me more than 10 minutes to compose my message. And I do select and copy my messages before submitting - unless I forget about it Sad Then it's ever so frustrating and if I were a member of my own forum, I might just decide to find a friendlier environment... Actually this is what's bothering me. I mean I can't put up enormous flashing signs saying "copy your message before submitting - silly forum might have logged you off already". Confused

Well I guess if there's no way to change it, then I'll just have to put up with it. Sad, sad...

alice
    shaking

PS. thx for the answers