When Reseting Passwords add a Security Question(s) - Page 2 Hitskin_logo Hitskin.com

This is a Hitskin.com skin preview
Install the skinReturn to the skin page

The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
+33
Count Dooku
koolkat96
Omu
musket
Lillia
S(o)ciaL
Stephen-
lalalamda22
Adam360
vervada
ToTheFuture
Base
Ape
Noctis
Mio-chan
Bigg Boss
Jophy
Master Marc
invisible_fa
Rianna Lauren
nathanpc
Dumbledore27
Lechin
KingOfSports
Saxaca
Nomee
Sanket
Mod 4 U
fan4me
Wellbe6
Darren1
Reverse Simplicity
MrMario
37 posters

When Reseting Passwords add a Security Question(s)

Poll

When Reseting Passwords add a Security Question(s)?

[ 69 ]
    When Reseting Passwords add a Security Question(s) - Page 2 Bar_left95%When Reseting Passwords add a Security Question(s) - Page 2 Bar_right [95%] 
    [ 4 ]
    When Reseting Passwords add a Security Question(s) - Page 2 Bar_left5%When Reseting Passwords add a Security Question(s) - Page 2 Bar_right [5%] 

Total Votes: 73
    MrMario
    MrMario
    Helper
    Helper

Male Posts : 22186
    Language : test

When Reseting Passwords add a Security Question(s) - Page 2 Empty When Reseting Passwords add a Security Question(s)

Post by MrMario October 3rd 2010, 12:58 am

First topic message reminder :

Hello,

I suggest that we add a security question(s) in case you forgot your password. You can add up to three questions and have to get 2 out of the three to be able to reset your password. When we click on Forgot password we have to enter are email but that is too easy for someone who knows are password to the email. It would be nice to add a security question because the person may not know your answer and would help prevent people who shouldn't have access to that account. When you answer all three questions wrong the account is locked out for 90 minutes (which could be changed by Forumotion) and an email is sent to the person say are you the one trying to reset your password? If so your account has been locked. This would also include an IP of the person who is trying to reset the password. If you aren't trying to reset the password please view this to help prevent someone gaining access to the account.

If you still have problems with not remembering your questions or password you can still come to the support forums and ask for a password reset.

Thank you for reading my suggestion and remember to vote.

Last edited by MrMario on October 10th 2010, 6:48 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Ape
    Ape
    Administrator
    Administrator

Male Posts : 19168
    Language : fluent in dork / mumbojumbo & English haha

When Reseting Passwords add a Security Question(s) - Page 2 Empty Re: When Reseting Passwords add a Security Question(s)

Post by Ape December 21st 2010, 1:42 am

:wouhou: nice one gets my vote :wouhou:

When Reseting Passwords add a Security Question(s) - Page 2 Empty Re: When Reseting Passwords add a Security Question(s)

Post by Guest February 24th 2011, 2:08 pm

Yes, good idea Mario!
    Base
    Base
    Forumaster

Male Posts : 10386
    Language : English and French

Post by Base February 24th 2011, 7:41 pm

Excellent suggestion! Why did I not see this up until now... Very Happy

I have voted yes. It seems like a reasonable suggestion and it would definitely increase the security.
    MrMario
    MrMario
    Helper
    Helper

Post by MrMario February 24th 2011, 7:53 pm

Thanks all for your support.
    ToTheFuture
    ToTheFuture
    Forumember

Language : English, Français

Post by ToTheFuture March 4th 2011, 5:47 pm

2/3 questions= brilliant!
    locking account if "Yes" clicked= not sure, maybe if admin can add question options onto preset?
    IP showing= not good idea at all Shit
    vervada
    vervada

Language : English

Post by vervada March 4th 2011, 6:44 pm

Sounds like a good idea to me.
    Adam360
    Adam360
    Forumember

Male Posts : 866

Post by Adam360 March 4th 2011, 6:58 pm

My bank uses a system of ONE security question, but it has a tip that you ut before it

Example...

What is the name of your first teacher - (Unsure?)

Tip - Has the name of a famous comedian

Now you have seen the tip, it may remind you that it was Mr Bean

I think that may work better =]

ToTheFuture
    ToTheFuture
    Forumember

Post by ToTheFuture March 4th 2011, 8:41 pm

Smart. Razz
    BUT-- it shouldn't be case sensitive! That happens to me all the time...

Post by Guest March 15th 2011, 5:57 pm

Voting yes - anything to improve security. On the assumption that the Security Question/Answer options will be things that anyone can't possibly forget about themself - such as "Mum's maiden name", "Your first school", "Your father's town of birth" etc, as already mentioned.

Cas
    MrMario
    MrMario
    Helper
    Helper

Post by MrMario March 15th 2011, 6:03 pm

ToTheFuture wrote:2/3 questions= brilliant!
    locking account if "Yes" clicked= not sure, maybe if admin can add question options onto preset?
    IP showing= not good idea at all Shit

How would you like if someone comes and tries to access your account without permissions or knowledge? Would you like the option to see the IP and be able to ban this person?

My bank account does this and it works.

Post by Guest March 15th 2011, 6:12 pm

Yes, my bank account does this too, Mr Mario. I think its an excellent idea.
    ToTheFuture
    ToTheFuture
    Forumember

Post by ToTheFuture March 18th 2011, 1:14 am

Good point... I was thinking for the safety of the user resetting, but I guess that's smart. Razz
    lalalamda22
    Forumember

Language : english

Post by lalalamda22 March 18th 2011, 3:25 am

I totally love this idea. Luky or Typlo need to see this topic. This would really help with security.

Post by Guest April 21st 2011, 7:48 am

Reverse Simplicity wrote:Vote yes! More security = Better always!

Post by Guest October 28th 2011, 8:25 pm

My vote is Yes Hello
    Stephen-
    Stephen-
    Hyperactive

Male Posts : 2542
    Language :

Post by Stephen- October 29th 2011, 12:30 am

Vote Yes ... Wink
    S(o)ciaL
    S(o)ciaL
    Forumember

Male Posts : 123
    Language : Greek,English

Post by S(o)ciaL October 29th 2011, 12:43 am

Vote : Yes

Post by Guest November 14th 2011, 9:46 pm

Amazing idea I think, my vote is Yes! Wink
    Lillia
    Lillia
    Forumember

Female Posts : 132

Post by Lillia November 15th 2011, 10:25 pm

Yes! I think it's a great idea.
    musket
    musket
    Helper
    Helper

Male Posts : 1130

Post by musket November 15th 2011, 11:26 pm

Excellent idea voted yes Smile
    Omu
    Omu
    Active Poster

Male Posts : 1021
    Language : Romanian, English

Post by Omu January 3rd 2012, 11:40 pm

Very good idea Smile I vote yes.

Post by Guest January 4th 2012, 10:11 am

Sanket wrote:A definite yes from me.
    Agree! Mr. Green
    koolkat96
    koolkat96
    Forumember

Female Posts : 584

Post by koolkat96 February 12th 2013, 3:00 pm

This is a very nice option!

It can avoid people who try to hack user's account.
    Like for example :-

Username : username123
    Password : ********

And then can be the security question like :-

Security question : (ex:)What is my fave color?
    Answer : *******

You never know when somebody tries to hack accounts in any forum.
    Count Dooku
    Count Dooku
    Forumember

Language : English, French, some Arabic

Post by Count Dooku January 17th 2015, 4:33 pm

Hi, MrMario! Wink

I suggest that we add a security question(s) in case you forgot your password.

You can add up to three questions and have to get 2 out of the three to be able to reset your password.

When we click on Forgot password we have to enter are email but that is too easy for someone who knows are password to the email.

It would be nice to add a security question because the person may not know your answer and would help prevent people who shouldn't have access to that account.

When you answer all three questions wrong the account is locked out for 90 minutes (which could be changed by Forumotion) and an email is sent to the person say are you the one trying to reset your password? If so your account has been locked.

This would also include an IP of the person who is trying to reset the password. If you aren't trying to reset the password please view this to help prevent someone gaining access to the account.

If you still have problems with not remembering your questions or password you can still come to the support forums and ask for a password reset.

Thank you for reading my suggestion and remember to vote.

Wanting to help a fellow FM "helper", I chose to vote yes.
    Your idea sounds very interesting, and who wouldn't want an extra safety?

PS: @koolkat96 ! Believe me you can, Wink It can happen that a hacker steals your email, gets the passwords and everything related to it, including the attached "Forumtiontion" account details. (so yes, you mark a point, my dear koolkat96 once saying that the option will prevent the hack from entering the attached forums, unless of course the forum creator is so stupid to keep his passwords and other details ready for the hacker to serve himself)
    Ikerepc
    Ikerepc
    Active Poster

Male Posts : 1186
    Language : Who cares...

Post by Ikerepc January 20th 2015, 4:58 pm

Yes, that will be great to have this feature.
    Niko
    Niko
    Helper
    Helper

Male Posts : 3110
    Language : English, Italian, French

Post by Niko March 30th 2015, 11:03 pm

Not a bad idea Wink

yesss!
    SarkZKalie
    SarkZKalie
    Support Moderator
    Support Moderator

Male Posts : 1421

Post by SarkZKalie March 31st 2015, 6:35 am

Bump for more votes!

When Reseting Passwords add a Security Question(s) - Page 2 Sarkzk10
    SLGray
    SLGray
    Administrator
    Administrator

Male Posts : 51515

Post by SLGray January 4th 2016, 8:42 pm

Bumping to move it to the first page.

When Reseting Passwords add a Security Question(s) - Page 2 Slgray10

When your topic has been solved, ensure you mark the topic solved.
    Never post your email in public.
    SLGray
    SLGray
    Administrator
    Administrator

Male Posts : 51515

Post by SLGray December 6th 2017, 6:43 am

Bumping to move this suggestion to the first page.

When Reseting Passwords add a Security Question(s) - Page 2 Slgray10

When your topic has been solved, ensure you mark the topic solved.
    Never post your email in public.