What does the "Forum Locked" icon mean? Hitskin_logo Hitskin.com

This is a Hitskin.com skin preview
Install the skinReturn to the skin page

The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
4 posters

What does the "Forum Locked" icon mean?

jefmac2002

Language : English

What does the "Forum Locked" icon mean? Empty What does the "Forum Locked" icon mean?

Post by jefmac2002 December 5th 2010, 07:58

There is a "Forum Locked" icon at the bottom of my page. Does that mean no-one else but me can post. In any case, as the administrator can I "unlock" it.

Any advice would be very much appreciated. I've been through the FAQs but didn't see anything.

Even a link to somewhere it is explained would help.

With thanks for your time.

Jeff
    MasterOfKings
    MasterOfKings
    Forumember

Male Posts : 89

What does the "Forum Locked" icon mean? Empty Re: What does the "Forum Locked" icon mean?

Post by MasterOfKings December 5th 2010, 08:21

Locked means no one can post there. Only read. A locked topic means you can't reply, a locked forum means you can't post a topic.

Admins/moderators normally have an ability to (un)lock them. Admins always have that ability. Mods sometimes do (you can stop them).

-MoK
    Nomee
    Nomee
    Forumember

Male Posts : 384
    Language : Urdu,English

What does the "Forum Locked" icon mean? Empty Re: What does the "Forum Locked" icon mean?

Post by Nomee December 5th 2010, 08:24

Yups,

You are right

After make your thread LOCKED, no one can be able to post anything under that Thread except Admin or MODS.

The purpose to Lock the thread that " Discussion about your thread is completed & don,t need anything more, so Admin & Mods may locked the Thread ". It helps you to stop flooding your boards with over-posting.

MasterOfKings
    MasterOfKings
    Forumember

Post by MasterOfKings December 5th 2010, 09:07

After make your thread LOCKED, no one can be able to post anything under that Thread except Admin or MODS.
    No, when a thread is locked NO ONE can post there. An admin/mod can unlock it again, but they can't post while it's locked.

-MoK
    Nomee
    Nomee
    Forumember

Post by Nomee December 5th 2010, 09:23

Hmmm yes

Sorry It didn,t come into my mind Wink

Yes an Admin or Mod cann,t post when a Thread is locked, they have to unlock it first !
    jefmac2002

Post by jefmac2002 December 5th 2010, 09:27

How do you unlock it is what I need to know.
    MasterOfKings
    MasterOfKings
    Forumember

Post by MasterOfKings December 5th 2010, 09:34

If there's a button that's for locking, it'll be automatically replaced by one for unlocking.

-MoK
    jefmac2002

Post by jefmac2002 December 5th 2010, 11:03

Thanks Mok - the button wasn't working but that's because I wasn't logged in as Admin.

All fixed now.
    Rubber Ducky
    Rubber Ducky
    Forumember

Male Posts : 245

Post by Rubber Ducky December 5th 2010, 15:19

I've found out, IF a topic is locked an Admin/Mod can use quick reply whilst it's still locked and post in that topic.. o.O
    Nomee
    Nomee
    Forumember

Post by Nomee December 5th 2010, 17:37

Rubber Ducky wrote :
    I've found out, IF a topic is locked an Admin/Mod can use quick reply whilst it's still locked and post in that topic.. o.O

Ahan Smile