Question on creating Sub-forums and only allowing posts/threads in sub-forums Hitskin_logo Hitskin.com

This is a Hitskin.com skin preview
Install the skinReturn to the skin page

The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
3 posters

Question on creating Sub-forums and only allowing posts/threads in sub-forums

unemployed-friends

Language : English

Solved Question on creating Sub-forums and only allowing posts/threads in sub-forums

Post by unemployed-friends February 8th 2011, 6:19 pm

Hi,

I read this link and it is self explanatory on how to create a sub-forum. Thank you.

https://help.forumotion.com/t3313-categories-and-forums-creation-and-appearance

I have a question. I want to make a forum like the following:

On Index only: "State forums"

Sub-forums would be each individual state ie. Alabama, Alaska, etc.. However, I do not want any threads/posts in the Forum that reads "State Forums" - just in each individual sub-forum. Basically, I want them to be able to click on "State Forums" open it up and see only the Sub-forums for each state so they can go directly to a sub-forum to post. Does that make sense? I hope that I am explaining this properly?

Help! Thank you!

Last edited by unemployed-friends on February 8th 2011, 7:08 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Base
    Base
    Forumaster

Male Posts : 10386
    Language : English and French

Solved Re: Question on creating Sub-forums and only allowing posts/threads in sub-forums

Post by Base February 8th 2011, 6:42 pm

Hello umemployed-friends,

So basically you want to forbid your members from posting in the "State forums" section? If so, then you will need to modify that forum's permissions accordingly:

1. Administration Panel (advanced mode)
    2. General Tab
    3. Categories and forums (on the left, under Forum)
    4. Click the permissions sign (Question on creating Sub-forums and only allowing posts/threads in sub-forums Perms) for "State forums"
    5. Uncheck "Open a topic" for members and guests

Very Happy

Regards,

Base
    unemployed-friends

Solved Re: Question on creating Sub-forums and only allowing posts/threads in sub-forums

Post by unemployed-friends February 8th 2011, 6:53 pm

Thank you! That works!! :wouhou:
    Base
    Base
    Forumaster

Male Posts : 10386
    Language : English and French

Post by Base February 8th 2011, 6:54 pm

You're welcome! Make sure you mark your topic as solved and take care now; glad to be of your assistance. Very Happy
    Sanket
    Sanket
    ForumGuru

Male Posts : 48766

Post by Sanket February 9th 2011, 5:10 am

Since this thread is marked solved, I will lock this thread.
    Question on creating Sub-forums and only allowing posts/threads in sub-forums 2j4t5a8

Sanket Smile