Allow to make minimum characters for posts Hitskin_logo Hitskin.com

This is a Hitskin.com skin preview
Install the skinReturn to the skin page

The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
+12
A s h e K
Selvester
Niko
Jellydonut
Glazella
Gekko.gEaR
shaqtastic
brandfiesta
Nadine_Jung
Nera.
Sanket
leaplng llama
16 posters

Allow to make minimum characters for posts

Poll

Should there be a suggestion to choose minimum amount of characters for a post?

[ 24 ]
    Allow to make minimum characters for posts Bar_left77%Allow to make minimum characters for posts Bar_right [77%] 
    [ 4 ]
    Allow to make minimum characters for posts Bar_left13%Allow to make minimum characters for posts Bar_right [13%] 
    [ 3 ]
    Allow to make minimum characters for posts Bar_left10%Allow to make minimum characters for posts Bar_right [10%] 

Total Votes: 31
    leaplng llama

Language : English

Allow to make minimum characters for posts Empty Allow to make minimum characters for posts

Post by leaplng llama May 4th 2011, 6:27 am

There should be a selection to make it so you can make a minimum and maximum amount of characters for a post to help prevent spamming for people's website who want it

Last edited by leaplng llama on May 8th 2011, 6:44 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Sanket
    Sanket
    ForumGuru

Male Posts : 48766

Allow to make minimum characters for posts Empty Re: Allow to make minimum characters for posts

Post by Sanket May 4th 2011, 9:15 am

Its absolutely a suggestion which is not required. If there was a poll, i would vote a NO.
    Nera.
    Nera.
    Energetic

Female Posts : 7078

Allow to make minimum characters for posts Empty Re: Allow to make minimum characters for posts

Post by Nera. May 4th 2011, 5:09 pm

Hm, i think it would be great if there would be an option that prevents writing simply: ''Great, wow'' etc. that is considered spamm on 'fan' forums, or posting smiles only.
    An option which allows you to set the minimum letters/per post, like not less then 10 in my opinion would be great.
    Also, the options that some boards have: if a user writes a post after a post, his second post that is considered 'duble' somehow enters in first, with JS or...
    Hope this post is readble.

So, if there is a poll I would vote a big YES.

Post by Guest May 15th 2011, 2:58 am

vote Yes
    Nadine_Jung
    Nadine_Jung

Female Posts : 10

Post by Nadine_Jung June 1st 2011, 5:22 pm

I'm vote Yes! B'cuz i don't want my members just can say "Thanks!" , "Good job" etc. Smile
    brandfiesta

Post by brandfiesta September 25th 2011, 10:06 am

I voted yes as well because of the type of forum I run.
    shaqtastic

Language : english

Post by shaqtastic September 25th 2011, 8:51 pm

i voted yes because i see too much of it
    Gekko.gEaR

Language : Elkton, Maryland

Post by Gekko.gEaR September 28th 2011, 9:15 am

i voted yes because on my forum once you hit a certain amount of posts you get stuff for free like free prestiges on Modern Warfare 2 and rewards and stuff. it wouldnt be fair to those who actually post long thought out suggestions when john doe is posting "cool bro" "nice stuff" etc. it should have like an on off type thing so you can decide wether you want it on or off then allow us to choose the amount of words/letters we would like use before a user can submit the post.
    Glazella
    Forumember

Post by Glazella March 31st 2012, 5:35 am

I voted yes because some of my members are entering just Smile in reply to the messages. It's kinda bothering :p But instead of characters, can we just have a minimum # of words like 5? Smile
    Jellydonut
    Jellydonut
    Forumember

Female Posts : 572

Post by Jellydonut April 7th 2012, 5:10 am

I voted yes, I probably wouldn't use it, but spam is so easy with no post limit. People can easily make a bunch of posts with no meaning quickly. It would be easier for moderation.
    Niko
    Niko
    Helper
    Helper

Male Posts : 3110
    Language : English, Italian, French

Post by Niko April 7th 2012, 2:29 pm

I voted yes for the first part:
    Code:
    Should there be a suggestion to choose minimum amount of characters for a post?

Not for a max amount bye
    Sanket
    Sanket
    ForumGuru

Male Posts : 48766

Post by Sanket April 3rd 2013, 4:18 pm

I see how this would be useful, i have changed my mind & voted yes for the poll Wink

Post by Guest April 4th 2013, 9:52 am

Sanket wrote:Its absolutely a suggestion which is not required. If there was a poll, i would vote a NO.
    I agree. If you don't want your members to post one or two word posts.
    Then put it in your forum rules that one word or smiley only posts are not allowed.
    Voted no.
    Selvester
    Selvester
    Forumember

Female Posts : 255
    Language : English, French (little bit)

Post by Selvester June 11th 2013, 6:31 am

A definite yes for me. I was actually just browsing to see if there was some way to do this. I guess this topic answers my question that there isn't but hopefully there will be some day. This would definitely be an advantage on role playing forums but could certainly benefit all forums.
    A s h e K

Language : arbic&english

Post by A s h e K June 11th 2013, 7:18 am

done yes
    smurfavr
    smurfavr
    Active Poster

Male Posts : 1883
    Language : Bulgarian

Post by smurfavr September 27th 2014, 10:41 am

done yes
    SLGray
    SLGray
    Administrator
    Administrator

Male Posts : 51515

Post by SLGray November 1st 2015, 9:59 pm

Bumping to move this suggestion to the first page.

Allow to make minimum characters for posts Slgray10

When your topic has been solved, ensure you mark the topic solved.
    Never post your email in public.
    Beyonder
    Beyonder
    Forumember

Male Posts : 723

Post by Beyonder November 1st 2015, 10:29 pm

Not a bad feature....
    Take Notes
    Take Notes
    Helper
    Helper

Male Posts : 2337

Post by Take Notes January 18th 2016, 10:08 pm

This can be done via code. Voted yes though as this would make it easier for all forum admins.
    SLGray
    SLGray
    Administrator
    Administrator

Male Posts : 51515

Post by SLGray October 29th 2017, 8:29 pm

Bumping to move this suggestion to the first page.

Allow to make minimum characters for posts Slgray10

When your topic has been solved, ensure you mark the topic solved.
    Never post your email in public.