Rules for inactive forums Hitskin_logo Hitskin.com

This is a Hitskin.com skin preview
Install the skinReturn to the skin page

The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
+2
rojeh
Susan1814
6 posters

Rules for inactive forums

Poll

Should we have these rules on the terms of service?

[ 3 ]
    Rules for inactive forums Bar_left25%Rules for inactive forums Bar_right [25%] 
    [ 9 ]
    Rules for inactive forums Bar_left75%Rules for inactive forums Bar_right [75%] 

Total Votes: 12
    Poll closed
    Susan1814
    Susan1814
    Forumember

Female Posts : 112
    Language : English

Rules for inactive forums Empty Rules for inactive forums

Post by Susan1814 October 1st 2011, 3:15 pm

I am so annoyed of these FM forums that are inactive. There should be rules! Like ProphpBB:

If you do not activate your forum within three (3) days of registering, it will be removed and available to re-register. Also, if your forum becomes abandoned for more than thirty (30) days it will be removed.

Then we there will be less space on the database. These rules should have been implemented ages ago! Then Forumotion wouldn't have so many inactive forums lying around!

I did not write these rules.

Last edited by Susan1814 on October 1st 2011, 3:19 pm; edited 1 time in total
    rojeh
    rojeh
    Forumember

Male Posts : 31

Rules for inactive forums Empty Re: Rules for inactive forums

Post by rojeh October 1st 2011, 3:18 pm

yea i agree with u

but umm but then we wont have registers :S
    SLGray
    SLGray
    Administrator
    Administrator

Male Posts : 51520

Post by SLGray October 1st 2011, 6:47 pm

I like where you have the choice to delete a forum, not where someone else has the choice.

Rules for inactive forums Slgray10

When your topic has been solved, ensure you mark the topic solved.
    Never post your email in public.

Post by Guest March 8th 2013, 6:39 pm

Well as long as the forum is not breaking the terms of service, there is no need for the forum service to delete it.
    What I don't like though,is when I have come across some forums that have been abandoned.

One such forum I found that no members had logged in or posted on there for over three months and neither had the admin.
    Yet they had not disabled the registrations. Meaning that if someone registers on the forum they will find there is nobody there to reply to their posts!
    Not good.

I think it's all right to leave an inactive forum on the web,so that others may read the posts.
    But if the forum founder is not going to use it anymore,they should at least disable the registrations.

As it's not fair to have people register on a forum looking for advice or help with a topic,only to fine there's nobody there. Because the admins and members have moved on.

Also if a forum is abandoned or inactive there is a risk that someone could hack into it.
    Derri
    Derri
    Helper
    Helper

Male Posts : 8755
    Language : English & Basic French

Post by Derri March 17th 2013, 10:40 pm

SLGray wrote:I like where you have the choice to delete a forum, not where someone else has the choice.

I agree with this statement. One should have the option for his or hers forum to be deleted.
    That Admin Person
    That Admin Person
    Forumember

Post by That Admin Person March 17th 2013, 10:54 pm

Susan1814 wrote:I am so annoyed of these FM forums that are inactive. There should be rules! Like ProphpBB:

If you do not activate your forum within three (3) days of registering, it will be removed and available to re-register. Also, if your forum becomes abandoned for more than thirty (30) days it will be removed.

Then we there will be less space on the database. These rules should have been implemented ages ago! Then Forumotion wouldn't have so many inactive forums lying around!

I did not write these rules.

Good idea, but what if
    1) Someone comes back from a long vacation to see that their forum is gone
    2) The forum owner finally gets the balls to start working on the website again, but sees that they have to start all over again [which can also be hard if the forum name is reopened for other people's use, so that would be hard again]

I'm going have to say no. Unless you add *special circumstances* to this "rule", I think this option is down the toilet. Hem
    Jophy
    Jophy
    ForumGuru

Male Posts : 17924

Post by Jophy January 14th 2014, 7:20 am

Rules for inactive forums Permis10Suggestion Clean up (3/1/2014)

-> Old suggestions(Please feel to create a new thread for the garbaged old suggestions)
    -> Implemented suggestions
    -> Suggestions which are currently suggested (Please use the SEARCH function)
    -> Suggestions which are already possible
    -> Unclear Suggestions

=> Please read the guidelines for the suggestion section: https://help.forumotion.com/t93899-suggestions-for-your-forums-how-to
    => Please take a look on the frequently suggested features for your forums:
    https://help.forumotion.com/t79095-frequently-requested-suggestions-for-your-forums

Locked & Garbaged