The forum of the forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The forum of the forums
3 posters

Which Administrators or Moderators are able to help those with forum problems?

Tothian

Language : English

Solved Which Administrators or Moderators are able to help those with forum problems?

Post by Tothian November 28th 2011, 1:21 am

I noticed in the Forum Profiles that for some if not most of the Moderators, where it says "Support:" some of them say "No Support Via PM" - I'm not sure if that's just a default option, or if that means that they do not help people via PM.

I did email one of the Administrators who it showed online at that time, about an urgent problem of mine. I'm not trying to rush anyone, since I know that the Admins and Mods here are busy people with lives to attend to and are probably already getting a bunch of PM's already and having a bunch of other people with problems they're having. I'm just wondering if either there was someone else I should have contacted instead.

I didn't contact more than 1 Administrator, because in one of the FAQ Posts relevant to my problem, it said not to contact more than one Administrator or Moderator, for that could mean getting your password reset twice, therefore making it more confusing. Or, if there are currently any Administrators or Moderators online at this time, reading my post, would it be a bad idea to ask any of them for help?
    SLGray
    SLGray
    Administrator
    Administrator

Male Posts : 51498

Solved Re: Which Administrators or Moderators are able to help those with forum problems?

Post by SLGray November 28th 2011, 1:22 am

Support is not given through private messages. Except for lost passwords. That goes both for the staff and members.

If you have not received a reply atleast in two days resend the message.
    Tothian

Solved Re: Which Administrators or Moderators are able to help those with forum problems?

Post by Tothian November 28th 2011, 1:32 am

If you say that they are able to help others with their lost passwords, then what does that mean when you say that Support is not given through private messages?

And also, thank you for your help.
    Jophy
    Jophy
    ForumGuru

Male Posts : 17922

Post by Jophy November 28th 2011, 5:46 am

Hi,

Lost passwords are handled via PM by the Managers or Admin. We don't give support to questions being sent you our PM's because they can be done on the support sections.
    Tothian

Post by Tothian November 28th 2011, 5:51 am

Ah alright. Thank you for your response.

Since you are a Manager of this forum, and appear to be online right now, would you be able to help me if I send you the information via PM right now?

I could tell the other Administrator that I PM'd to disregard the message, so that he does not change the password after it's fixed.
    Jophy
    Jophy
    ForumGuru

Post by Jophy November 28th 2011, 5:54 am

You're welcome Smile If you have lost you founder's account password, you can PM me the info Wink (Creation e-mail address and forum's link)
    Tothian

Post by Tothian November 28th 2011, 5:55 am

Thank you very much for your help!

I will send you the information via PM right now. And again, thank you!
    Jophy
    Jophy
    ForumGuru

Post by Jophy November 28th 2011, 6:39 am

Topic Solved & Moved

Note: You can also help the staff member's work by EDITING your topic and marking it as solved.

Current date/time is September 22nd 2024, 11:38 am